Fairmount Behavioral Health System Employee Reviews

Love the job but profession isnt respected by management.
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2019
lack of ob security. Lack of respect for front line & no appreciation for what staff accomplishment under high work demands and constraints. Run fast!
Pros
Cons
Lack of job secuurity and management lack of respect for front line professionals.
Negative work environment
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2019
Poor work environment.Lacks support from co-workers and management. Mediocre training with high expectations.High turnover. Lack of materials to be successful.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad experience3
Clueless management, lazy co-workers
Psychiatric Technician/counselor aid (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2019
Management has little to no idea of mental health issues, & are TOTALLY clueless about drug & alcohol disorders. The whole mantra of this godforsaken hole is to fill the beds, no matter what. The housekeeping staff is also useless & VERY lazy. This is hands-down the dirtiest facility that I have ever worked at ( and I have been in the field for quite a while).
Pros
Cons
Inept management, coworkers just there to collect a paycheck
Don’t come here for long term work
Psych Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2019
So many things go on in here. This place needs to be shut down PERIOD!!! Management is a disgrace. You will always be understaffed. They will fire you just as fast as they hired you. No job security at all. Every time the state comes they try to act like they’re on the right path just to pass inspection. They put minors on adult units, they have bed bugs and ants.
Pros
SOME cool staff
Cons
Low pay, administration are snakes
I enjoy helping the kids.
Behavioral Health Technician/Counselor Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2018
My typical day at Fairmount consist of me working 11p-730a. During the night shift I'm documenting Patient behaviors, Completing vital signs in the morning, monitoring Patients, filing paperwork, and redirecting patients as needed.
Pros
Its owned by UHS
Cons
I'm a pool employee and I can be pulled to different units.
Good overtime, terrible otherwise
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2018
It’s a good place to make a lot of money because staff is always needed. But in terms of career progression, management, self-development, and patient care the place is trash. Good for people who have just earned their degree looking to get insight into the MH realm.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management, no career progression, patient care is minimal
learned a lot from the facility
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2018
I work in the admissions department. Fast paced, busy and heavy volume. I take calls from area CRCs and assess via phone if the patient will be appropriate for our facility. Also, I attend to walk ins that come for psychiatric assessments. It is a psychiatric hospital. Doctors and staff work 24/7 to help patients become stabilized and send down to the units for monitoring.
Pros
open 24 hours-can pick up extra hours if wanted
Not a stress free environment
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
It has been a terrible experience to work at Fairmount. They do not have security and techs are expected to do so much and are extremely underpaid. Most of the staff is very ghetto, not all.
Pros
Good money for Interpreters
Cons
Short breaks and can get injured very easily
Director of Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I have worked at this hospital for over 21 years. I work very hard to improve my department as we represent the hospital to our payors. I have the best staff one could possibly hope for.
Great for parents who need to be home with their children during the week.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I worked every weekend at fairmount which was great for me because my child was young and still in school plus working every weekend qualified me for benefits.
Pros
Great for people who children are still in school
Cons
Not enough staff
Productive and fun place to work
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
The upper manager doesn't have the staff back i got fired right off probation because one of the patients got into fight and they fired me smfh fun place to work
Pros
Great paid, unlimted overtime
Cons
The employees dont stick together
Fun but ever changing environment
Director of Facilities and Support Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2018
Challenging environment in an ever changing workplace. The most difficult part of this job is managing expectations of upper management. The Ops team is excellent and made this job easier from that standpoint.
psychiatric technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
Not a fan of the company, or leadership. The hospital is a joke and is ran to meet no positive outcome for their patients, beside on paper. . I HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE NOR NEGATIVE TO ADD.
Work atmosphere
PHYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2018
Fairmount showed me a lot about the mental health field and because of them I am and will be a better tech for another company.The unit I worked on for my stay the management was very good and personal.The hardest part of the job was dealing with change in the policy and I dealt with it but I enjoyed the people I worked with very easy to work with.
Pros
Working with good people.
Cons
People not knowing there job.
Horrible
Charge Nurse of two female adolescent units (Former Employee) –  Roxborough, PAApril 15, 2018
DO NOT APPLY HERE. I was hired here for my first job as an RN. I found out during my ORIENTATION that I was hired as a CHARGE NURSE, not a staff nurse, of not 1 but 2 units. Staff is unreliable and unprofessional. Management is terrible.
Productive workplace
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
Fairmount was a very fast paced workplace. I enjoyed my co workers and the relationships we have built. Unfortunately Fairmount did not have good management teams and there was no room from advancement. There was also a lack of employee support from management.
Over worked
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2018
Your over worked once it come inspection time. The supervisor is so unprofessional he curse around you and also tell other co-worker business to other co-worker.
Pros
Pto
I was overworked so much I had a mental breakdown
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I had a full breakdown after being forced out. Worked like a dog for 2 years. I got no supervision and no structure or help. It was an unhelpful enviornment.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Worked all the time
Two thumbs down
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Only work here if you need it as a steppingstone. This place is poorly managed, people who are deserving to get fired are still here, and it’s all political. You will not get recognition for good or hard work. People with good intentions are taken advantage of.
Pros
Some good people, they hire relatives, it’s located in a decent neighborhood
Cons
Your coworkers are harder to deal with than the patients
Opportunity for growth
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
I had a good experience working at Fairmount. The company is really supportive of staff advancement. This is a 24hr facility, which is something to be mindful of when making a career decision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmount Behavioral Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Fairmount Behavioral Health System Reviews by Location