Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

They don't care about employees
Nursing Station Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2018
They don't pay tuition reimbursement in the time frame they state they will. They won't grant requested vacation days if the unit does not meet core staffing numbers, so I haven't had the last 3 requests granted.They want employees to work "safe" but won't provide the equipment to make it happen. They keep taking benefits away, like holiday pay. It gets worse with every new CEO we have.
Stress
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHMay 7, 2018
Working with the elderly can be a lot mentally and emotionally to deal with. Some days go by very smooth but often times you can find yourself understaffed and struggling to accomplish tasks on time. Only some people acknowledge team work while others only care for themselves.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Having to work alone on shifts
Relaxed and extremely interesting. Everyone is very nice.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MNMay 3, 2018
Fairview Institute For Athletic Medicine is a fantastic place to work for people who are good with customer relations and love physical therapy. All that is necessary is a good attitude and attentiveness.
Pros
Gaining knowledge from professionals.
Cons
No Pay
I learned a lot
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2018
I learned a lot of Fairview. It provided me an opportunity to grow and learn. I decided I wanted to work in healthcare from my experience at Fairview. Working there allowed me to receive care there for my family it a good organization
Didnt feel welcome from my first day
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 23, 2018
Many of the employees have been at Fairview for a long time. Nothing wrong with that except they have a difficult time letting in new employees and adapting to change. They will and do circle around you and make your time at work miserable.

Not compensated for doing over and above my job responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
Salary increasess
Know what you want
Sr Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2018
There are ways to get what you are looking for at Fairview but not every department will offer the same support, pay, or opportunities. In many areas a star performer will be treated the same as someone who barely meets expectations.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Questionable management descisions
Call center management is really bad
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2018
Management is really bad. You are treated like a minion. You make a mistake you are not friends with management, You have a target on your back. HR doesn't help out when you need them. There is no one to go to for help counselling to deal with the childish management. You either switch dept or look for a nother job. They will find a way to run you away.
Pros
SOME of the staff is always supportive and the pay is good
Cons
Management is horrid
Gem in the making
Director (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 18, 2018
Current work environment is not ideal in some areas of the organization,especially in the south region facilities. This needs to be dealt with sooner than later especially since it has been a known issues for years.
As a company the direction the CEO is taking things appears to be a great direction. The progress is a bit too slow for the changes needed.
There are many great people with great intentions working at Fairview and it will be exciting to see where and what progress they make in the coming years.
Pros
New CEO with a great vision
Cons
Merging is tough, communication can be better from senior leaders beyond CEO
Supervisor, Fairview Access Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2018
Solid organization that believes in providing training as well as opportunities for advancement. Fair pay and benefits make Fairview a great place to work.
Excitement quickly dissipated into frustration
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNMarch 7, 2018
Awful, subjective management. Cliques upon cliques.. The entire management system within the Northland location socialize outside of work and if you’re not into gossiping and doing things the way they’ve been done, then prepare for a rude awakening. Invited to “business” lunch where the only topic was current relationship issues within upper management. Not what I signed up for. Unprofessional and clearly lacking an innovative future. Fairview should very much consider a “restructuring” of the current, longstanding management. Their behavior is reprehensible and not at all in line with Fairview’s values.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, Upper Management
I was hoping to retire there.
Senior Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2018
Getting laid off come from out of the blue, how they eliminated staff was not based on years of service, work accomplishments or work knowledge. I would like to go back to work for Fairview but not in the department i left.
Pros
always had what i needed to do the job
Cons
poor management, rotating management, poor direction.
Great employer with opportunity for career advancement.
Supervisor of Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed my experience and time at Fairview. I had great managers who actively sought to aid in my career development, leading to multiple advancements/promotions.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Teamwork
great co workers
Cook (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2018
very fast paced work place. my duties included setting up my station, serving customers ,breaking down my station,also cooking the night meal which includes entree ,and two side vegetables.
Pros
salary
Cons
always busy
Good Culture
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Fairview. Great team work and culture. There was plenty of room to grow in my position. Training for specific positions could be improved a bit, but overall a good place to work.
Good company to work for
Services (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Have always been pleased working for Fairview. Each hospital is different. Everyday is different. Benefits are very competitive. I would recommend Fairview to others.
great place
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2018
love workin with people its a good place to work I learned a lot from here with the care of people imanagement was good also jbjlvbjll vkyvblkvjlbjglvu
n/a
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2018
It was a good job until management change over. i wish this place the best. It was great steeping stone. You will feel welcomed but then as soon as you make a mistake everyone know about it.
ok, but not the most stable place to work,
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 24, 2018
not the best company for working hours, but somewhat stable , tends to lean toward the healthcare regulations , which vary which lead to job instability . a lot of employee's will work to get you fired, if they do not like you
Good people, ok benefits
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55413January 22, 2018
Fairview is trying to be the biggest and they are losing track of what is important to their employees. They do not ask employees what matters to them in their job. No resolution to problems that creates to achieving success in your position.
Fairview
Student Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2018
I was completing my internship their. The reason for why i didn't stay is since they were not in a position were they could afford any more employees and that time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight