Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

very stressful
Clinic Station Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNDecember 11, 2018
This job was very stressful. Management only cared about you if you had initials behind your name. They would listen to problems but not do anything about them. Some employees got away with a lot (punching in late, not helping, taking longer breaks etc) and nothing was done. Co-workers were very gossipy and back stabbing. Not a healthy environment. Patients were very demanding and rude.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor communication, management, co-workers
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  400 Stinson Blvd,MinneapolisDecember 6, 2018
Fairview is the best company to work for. I worked for this company for the past several years and it was fun. I will recommend anyone to work for Fairview.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
slow advancement
no improvment
auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 28, 2018
great company, but needs communication work and the ability to care for your employers and help them achieve in their career. Not willing to help, feel like no respect
Pros
benefits and employees
Cons
communication and not enough education
Ok place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2018
I had aresl experience there wad no chemical their most of the time a lotmost og the time we had yo makke do of what we had thereeas a loot of confusion
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
No gifts or anything
good place to work
Health Information Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Fairview cares for its employees. I am being challenged in daily basis. I have been asked to perform pretty much all of the skills I have listed in my resume. My manager is involved in my work and available for consultation. However, he is a hands-off manager. My ideas count.
Many
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2018
I advance in many skills
I gained knowledge in many different ways in the home health aide
Thinks was very nice plenty hours I just relocated so I had to move
Pros
Pay transportation
Cons
No break
placing the patient first while growing and working for efficient and effective ways to deliver care, increase value and decrease costs
Vice President of Finance - Clinic Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2018
I helped shape what the Fairview Medical Group practice is today by participating in the creation and development of the group practice as a member of the leadership team. It was a rewarding experience to bring 50+ clinics that spans over 150 square miles into one uniform identity to benefit our patients and our hospitals.
Effective work day
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 17, 2018
A days work goes by quick when working in a fast paced environment. An individual would have to be willing to learn and work well with others to progress and keep an open mind and be non judgmental. Being thorough and having great customer service is a must since employees will be faced with a lot of controversy from visitors/patients. The hardest part of the job is not knowing or receiving correct information needed when faced with certain issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the resources that you need and your managers/supervisors to there to help when needed.
Shorts staff
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
Know is just work to the time and go home not nice to work there anymore but I like what I do to work in the kitchen,but my favorite job is too babysit take care of elderly people
Pros
Work on my lunch
Enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNSeptember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with Fairview. I enjoyed working with many different types of people, different providers and being able to learn and experience so much in one place.
Pros
Cons
Missed lunch breaks
Blind Patient care managers.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 1, 2018
The problem with Fairview are the managers! If you work at one of the locations and have a good manager then you are lucky. If you are located at a place with a bad manager then you are in a horrible shape. What I have experienced from different locations with different Patient care managers is that they do not want to be bothered by anyone. They do not want to deal with the problems that are going on in the clinics that are under them. If they have a Bully in there clinics- Well they do not see it at all and they never will. If there are any problems and you take it to your Patient care manager they like to flip it back on to you because they do not want see that the other person it giving you any problems because then they would have to do something. They do not want to do anything. So they all all bad behavior to happen and they are always short at clinics because people leave because of the Patient care managers.
Pros
Patients are wonderful
Cons
Patient care managers will not do anything to help you with problems.
it was great
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 30, 2018
I learned a lot of life lesson being there form the people who worked there to the clients so I would give them a full "A" on everything! thanks for having me
Ok place to work
Lead Department Business Coordinator (Current) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
Such a large company that each area has its own subculture.

Hardest - long and busy days. Rarely get a formal break and usually eat lunch at my desk just to try and keep up. Other members of my team say they are bored and don't have enough to do but based on how the work is split a few of us can't keep up and delegating is hard based on the nature of the role.

Most enjoyable: the rare patient interactions I get. When I can actually see the difference I am making or when one of the leaders in my larger department takes the time to truly discuss the strategic initiatives rather than just present them and move on.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Lack of breaks, stressful, skewed expectations with little/no reward
Excellent
Medical Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
Nice job!!! Great company and staff. Best friends I have made at any job. I wouldn’t leave this job unless told to. The benefits are great the staff is wonderful and we have fun at work
Healthcare
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
The best part of the job is:
Working across departments.
Learning about clinics and how they support hospitals.
Building relationships with my colleagues.
What I learned
Patient Financial Representative I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 17, 2018
I learned that I work great with others but also very well by myself, everyone has a different flow on how they get their work completed for the day so having my own desk and my own pace of my work load was a very positive piece of this job.
Pros
my own desk
Cons
repetitive work and micromanagement
Work day
LNA (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHAugust 14, 2018
They are very unbalanced. The LNA’s Do not always work together which makes for a crazy day and foe some people to get short with each other. They are very under staffed and have a lot of agencies that come work for them. The turn over rate is very high. Most LNA’s wont last more than a year or two. The upper management doesn’t listen to the LNA’s and what the could improve on to help out the company and the floor.
Better competitors to work for
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2018
Horribly managed, most senior person in my role has only been here 9 months. They never praise or thank for hard work. People constantly calling in sick, and not enough staff to cover so constantly over worked and stressed.
Great
CMA (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Fairview but they are a large company and I feel like one does not have a say in the work that you do. Everything is dictated by the higher ups
Fair View Patient Transport
Senior Patient Carrier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2018
Overall Fairview was a great place to work. My department, however, was poorly managed. I know it may sound like sour grapes, but it was the honest truth. After I was hired I didn't see my supervisor for nearly a year, he only came in for a few hours a couple times a week, and worked from home or from another site. He was a good guy, but he let our department down. This continued for a few years and shortly before I left to go back to school, all the management was replaced. Things could be much better now, and I hope they are. The patient carrier role was very important to the overall care of the patients and they deserved great service and care. Other than that, I'd Say Fairview was a great place to work, they have great benefits, culture, and a mobile career path. Even though you may work long works the people who work there are so great that the time flys by.
Pros
great benefits, career advancement, positive culture
Cons
my particular department was managed poorly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight