Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

Better competitors to work for
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 6, 2018
Horribly managed, most senior person in my role has only been here 9 months. They never praise or thank for hard work. People constantly calling in sick, and not enough staff to cover so constantly over worked and stressed.
Great
CMA (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Fairview but they are a large company and I feel like one does not have a say in the work that you do. Everything is dictated by the higher ups
Fair View Patient Transport
Senior Patient Carrier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2018
Overall Fairview was a great place to work. My department, however, was poorly managed. I know it may sound like sour grapes, but it was the honest truth. After I was hired I didn't see my supervisor for nearly a year, he only came in for a few hours a couple times a week, and worked from home or from another site. He was a good guy, but he let our department down. This continued for a few years and shortly before I left to go back to school, all the management was replaced. Things could be much better now, and I hope they are. The patient carrier role was very important to the overall care of the patients and they deserved great service and care. Other than that, I'd Say Fairview was a great place to work, they have great benefits, culture, and a mobile career path. Even though you may work long works the people who work there are so great that the time flys by.
Pros
great benefits, career advancement, positive culture
Cons
my particular department was managed poorly
great
Technical Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 14, 2018
wonderful company to work for would recommend to anyone looking for a great job and a great company to work for that offers a lot to its employees for a great job done
Family Practice Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, MNJuly 13, 2018
Wonderful people to work with. I have gained a lot of experience working in Family Practice. Most of the providers are nice and easy to work with. Some days can be overwhelmingly fast paced while other days are slow. Great benefits and PTO.They hire new grads! I enjoy working here.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
low raise increase
good place to work
Director of Finance - Clinic Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2018
good place to work, this place really cares about their patients and is interested in a good work-life balance, the culture is really good at fairview
Awesome pay checks but no life
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJuly 8, 2018
The facility i worked through was very short staff, i was the only employee on evening shift and there was nobody on night shift. I was stuck working my evening shift and a night shift because nobody was there to work it. So i worked 16 hours every day i was scheduled.
Day shift was in the same boat, being mandated everyday into evenings.
Management didnt care about any of the employees. They would just whine about how tired they were because they occasionally had to work the floor because there wasn't enough staff.
It was obvious they had favorite staff. Some staff would get away with things, while other staff would be getting written up.
Pros
paychecks, some of the employees
Cons
management and too many hours
Exciting but challenging
Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2018
Fairview is a great place to work but healthcare is in a constant state of change. An ideal employee must be prepared to adapt to ever-changing strategic goals and organizational direction.
Pros
Can work remotely
Cons
Too many meetings
Productibve and Innovative
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2018
Great people and a great place to learn. The right people can really learn what they need to advance their career. So many places and things to learn- a real stepping stone. If you work hard, it is noticed. Hard to say anything negative about this employer - very happy working for Fairview.
Pros
unique atmosphere/ work ethic very strong here
Fairview
Data Analytics and Report Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 1, 2018
Cool place to work, depends on the department, but in my department, IT, it is fairly relaxed and not much pressure. you have to actively look for something to work on
great learning potential
Registered Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 1, 2018
love working with fairview. Medical benefits are incredible. great work ethos. Great mentorship programme available for new starts. and plenty of courses and opportunities to extend your learning an knowledge.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
not salaried, no pto on starting has to be acrewed same with sick pay.
Fun Place to Work
AFR (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 25, 2018
I learned and grew a lot working for Fairview Health Services. Many clinical Dynamics are changing in the coming months.
Every day was a great day to come to work. Getting to know the patients more and knowing you may have made a difference in any one of their lives.
Pros
Cons
healthcare changes
Poor Management
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 15, 2018
Employer lacks an open line of communication, lacks support of employees in need, No room to advance. No support from upper management when an employee is under investigation.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
They don't care about employees
Nursing Station Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2018
They don't pay tuition reimbursement in the time frame they state they will. They won't grant requested vacation days if the unit does not meet core staffing numbers, so I haven't had the last 3 requests granted.They want employees to work "safe" but won't provide the equipment to make it happen. They keep taking benefits away, like holiday pay. It gets worse with every new CEO we have.
Stress
Worker (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NHMay 7, 2018
Working with the elderly can be a lot mentally and emotionally to deal with. Some days go by very smooth but often times you can find yourself understaffed and struggling to accomplish tasks on time. Only some people acknowledge team work while others only care for themselves.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Having to work alone on shifts
Relaxed and extremely interesting. Everyone is very nice.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MNMay 3, 2018
Fairview Institute For Athletic Medicine is a fantastic place to work for people who are good with customer relations and love physical therapy. All that is necessary is a good attitude and attentiveness.
Pros
Gaining knowledge from professionals.
Cons
No Pay
I learned a lot
Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 26, 2018
I learned a lot of Fairview. It provided me an opportunity to grow and learn. I decided I wanted to work in healthcare from my experience at Fairview. Working there allowed me to receive care there for my family it a good organization
Didnt feel welcome from my first day
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 23, 2018
Many of the employees have been at Fairview for a long time. Nothing wrong with that except they have a difficult time letting in new employees and adapting to change. They will and do circle around you and make your time at work miserable.

Not compensated for doing over and above my job responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
Salary increasess
Know what you want
Sr Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2018
There are ways to get what you are looking for at Fairview but not every department will offer the same support, pay, or opportunities. In many areas a star performer will be treated the same as someone who barely meets expectations.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Questionable management descisions
Call center management is really bad
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2018
Management is really bad. You are treated like a minion. You make a mistake you are not friends with management, You have a target on your back. HR doesn't help out when you need them. There is no one to go to for help counselling to deal with the childish management. You either switch dept or look for a nother job. They will find a way to run you away.
Pros
SOME of the staff is always supportive and the pay is good
Cons
Management is horrid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight