Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 10, 2019
I dread work every day and most people there are miserable. The pharmacists are unhappy and take it out on each other and the techs. Hostile workplace

Bullying, disengaged management and lack of recognition are just a few reasons I do not like my job. They don’t care about their employees and unless you are one of their favorites prepare to be treated poorly

Not even sure what management does but whatever it is they are doing it wrong. High turnover for techs and pharmacists. Don’t work here
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Hours, bad management, doing more with less, hostile work environment, bullying, union keeps the lazy people, bad morals
Management is horrendous
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNFebruary 26, 2019
The pay is good and the work is fast paced, however the management in the nutrition department are unorganized and unprofessional. I work at St.Johns hospital site, getting yell at and watching this management yell and swearing loudly in the kitchen is ridiculous. I've talk to HR and report it and they haven't done anything about it, I have also talked to our director about this and she hasn't done anything, but encouraging him; tell him "he's doing a great job", even though other stuff are doing his job for him and he takes the credit of doing it. Were horribly short staff and everyone they do hire have walked out in 3 days or less. Equipment is falling apart because of lack of maintenance and care. This department is a mess!
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Management, short staffed, disorganized
Great if you know someone in a higher position.
Financial Securing Rep (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2019
Fairview is just okay to work for. If you start in any department other than customer service you will be under paid. If you don’t have a family or close friend in a high position forget about career advancement.
Pros
Ability to work from home in some departments
Cons
Managers are unprofessional and pick favorites all while telling everyone’s business.
speciality clinic
LPN (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNFebruary 22, 2019
Unfortunately, this was the worst experience in my health care career. Long on-boarding training process, by which your preceptor doesn't get compensated for. Your required to cross train, so you can float when your provider is off. Your PTO time is also used as your sick time and for your holiday time (if you want it paid). Your provider makes the schedule even if it varies day to day. Schedule prep daily requires you to arrive 30-40min ahead of clinic opening time. Preferred One benefits offers many options however, when claims get processed there is a delay and you may be billed for several months at once (chiropractic visits). No clear work guidelines, adding tasks often, and may have to stay late to wrap up any phone calls. Provider was not pleased with progress over time, micromanaged daily, intimidated during appointments, aggressive annoyed communication, unapproachable, continually criticized during patient visits and while performing biopsies/procedures. No consistency with the work flow and rushes through appointments leaving the patient with more questions. Pay is fair and competitive. Management also micromanages, no room to strive independently, lack of trust and respect.
Pros
pay, benefits, long lunch, link badge system
Cons
floating, hours varies, provider can make ur work day difficult
If you aren't in their group you will not survive
Infusion Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 18, 2019
If you aren't in their group you will not survive at all. They did not support their employees, but gave "personality tests" to see how you compared to other people on the "team". The company is in it for the money; if they aren't making money they wont do it-the health of the patient doesnt matter
Pros
Many Locations
Cons
Everything else
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 14, 2019
In all my years working for this employer, I loved my coworkers, my work environment was very good until new management came along. Racist, unfair , stressful and hostile work environment. I was bullied by the managers for my unit and I emailed hr about their behavior, instead they fired me because I would not watch the other employees and be a tattletale like the manager wanted.
Pros
Best coworkers
Cons
Ignorant, incapable, racist managers
Would not Recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2019
Poor management and senior leadership. Management did not attempt to get to know staff. Little support for staff. Would not recommend fairview as a place to work.
Cons
poor management, d
Working at Fairview
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Specialty ClinicJanuary 18, 2019
Work culture needs improvement. Management sides with management in any work issues, and often when employees bring up suggestion to improve processes, they are not taken into consideration. A lot of micromanaging occuring.
Pros
Providers are very patient oriented and care about employees
Cons
Very financially driven
Decent work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Decent workplace. Nothing amazing, but nothing terrible either. My direct supervisor is amazing, but the managers above her are subpar. Ok work life balance. Not a lot of room for advancement or pay raise.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
not much room for growth or pay raise
Great heatlhcare company on the verge of big changes
Marketing/Communication Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Fairview is merging with M Health, and they are working hard to make this transition work. Once the new entity is established, I think great things are ahead for the company and those who work here.
Was a good place to work
Psychiatric Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2019
I left due to being unable to advance in my career field (behavioral health, not RN).

Pay is decent for people fresh out of college but doesn't keep pace with inflation.

Lots of good work experience and generally supportive co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers, good pay for a BA in psych, benefits
Cons
not a good place to work long-term financially, limited room to advance, some managers play favorites
Cares more about money than patients or employees
Surgical Pathology Tech (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2019
Severely understaffed, management tolerates intolerable, unethical behavior of employees who drive out the good and experienced employees by not getting rid of them even when they are nonunion employees who disrupt the patient care environment we are supposed to be working within. I loved working with the pathologists from UMP but Fairview is not a good company to work for as they care more about the money than patients. HR is offsite and unreachable so basically nonexistent as a resource for problems/issues.
Pros
Working with great physicians from UMP and Fairview
Cons
Salary increases are the same despite performance or lack thereof.
Results Oriented Workplace
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2018
From day 1 right away Fairview had me producing results as a Department Assistant. I learned quickly that they had adopted a ROWE strategy for employees in my department.

As I kept producing great results they promoted me within and then I applied for the Application Analyst role and continued to produce great results.
Training on phones
On Call Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 12, 2018
I am still in training. Currently I am shadowing other employees while they complete multiple assigned tasks. My trainer will answer the phones while I listen in and navigate the computer systems to help the caller with their needs. Through out the day Iam checking emails to complete patient registrations and physicians consults. The On Call team is resposable for answering a general line for all Fairview, HealthEast, M Health, and Ebenezer senior services. There is a very large range of responsablilitrs to oversee and around 300 calls a shift. It is very fast paced and everyday is different. I enjoy this position very much and I have learned quickly. The average length of training is around 2-3 months. All the staff is very friendly and always willing to help if you need it.
Pros
Enjoy the fast pace and helping customers and patients get the best care.
Cons
Limited hours
very stressful
Clinic Station Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNDecember 11, 2018
This job was very stressful. Management only cared about you if you had initials behind your name. They would listen to problems but not do anything about them. Some employees got away with a lot (punching in late, not helping, taking longer breaks etc) and nothing was done. Co-workers were very gossipy and back stabbing. Not a healthy environment. Patients were very demanding and rude.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor communication, management, co-workers
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  400 Stinson Blvd,MinneapolisDecember 6, 2018
Fairview is the best company to work for. I worked for this company for the past several years and it was fun. I will recommend anyone to work for Fairview.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
slow advancement
no improvment
auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 28, 2018
great company, but needs communication work and the ability to care for your employers and help them achieve in their career. Not willing to help, feel like no respect
Pros
benefits and employees
Cons
communication and not enough education
Ok place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2018
I had aresl experience there wad no chemical their most of the time a lotmost og the time we had yo makke do of what we had thereeas a loot of confusion
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
No gifts or anything
good place to work
Health Information Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Fairview cares for its employees. I am being challenged in daily basis. I have been asked to perform pretty much all of the skills I have listed in my resume. My manager is involved in my work and available for consultation. However, he is a hands-off manager. My ideas count.
Many
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2018
I advance in many skills
I gained knowledge in many different ways in the home health aide
Thinks was very nice plenty hours I just relocated so I had to move
Pros
Pay transportation
Cons
No break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight