Fairview Health Services
69Average

Fairview Health Services Employee Reviews

United States39 reviews
Nursing home with laundry facility
It sounds as though it would be easy but I learned otherwise. Very detail oriented and fast paced. There was a lot to do in a short time. A lot of information.
The management was bad and HR did not have payroll right
bad place to work management only is concerned with not helping employees or doctors with their needs for the work place. When the schedule came out and there was no provider to work with they could not find something for u to do and would not let u go home.
Overall good hospital system
Overall a good hospital system to work for. Compensation and benefits on par with other hospitals in the MSP area. Co-workers are supportive, helpful, and respectful of diversity. Would love to see more support from management to improve staff:patient ratios and PPE access to actually improve patient care rather than viewing these as "expenses" that don't add value.
Pros
Benefits starting at 20 hrs/week
Cons
Weekend and holiday rotation
better management
better training and support and explaining . most of my co workers were great. it was my manager trish that sucked at her job. I really enjoyed helping people, and the interaction patient
Low moral within Fairview
Fairview has more job responsibilities with less staff. You can never do enough to please management. Management tells you something then turns around and changes it frequently to meet the needs of the day. Moral is the lowest i have ever seen, and there is a revolving door with new staff.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Good work culture, caring supportive staff
Enjoyable work environment with important work supporting Fairview's growth and staffing needs. Management provided relevant timely support and guidance make the job easy to perform at a high level.
Very experienced emergency staff
I had the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified and excellently skilled emergency room staff. I would feel confident with care there for my family.
Outpatient focus. Can at times be close with the primary MD.
Good company to work for. Many OP sites in the twin cities. However, with current COVID19 the caseload amount has diminished about 75%. Continuing education is supported by the company.
Good clinical work experience
busy morning shifts that made shifts go by fast, great clinical work experience for direct patient care hours to prepare for other medical facility positions
Would not recommend
Executive and mid-tier management is a nightmare. Constant revolving door with little value placed on performance excellence or improvement. Everyone positioning for next position when mastering of the current is lacking. Once a great organization but has lost its way, its mission and its best people.
Company is changing
When I came to the company I can honestly say that I was so excited to be apart of the fairview family!! After three years, I’ve seen a lot of changes and not for the better!! And it’s due to their “merger” of another hospital.. it’s sad the direction fairview is going. The benefits are very expensive and no raises!!! So that’s not helpful!
Working at Fairview
A very fast paced, gratifying job. My opinions and ideas are heard and thought of appropriately. I'm thought of as a very loyal and hardworking person,
It’s like being on the survivor show
Pay was good, hours good. However the work environment awful. Management encouraged non-stop tattling and would only hear one side of the story. Made up bogus fraud and harassment claims against staff whenever budget was in trouble so they could find a reason to fire someone to help the budget. Take a hard pass on working there.
Taking care of residents and light housekeeping
Worked in assisted living taking care of residents on third shift giving meds when needed until it was shut down then worked in laundry department and then I left because I couldn’t get any hours
Very pleased
Awesome place to work, very fast paced, gratifying job. My opinions and ideas are heard and thought of appropriately. I'm thought of as a very loyal and hardworking person,
Management is lacking. They only care about bottom line and not so much for the staff or residents.
Job started off nice but as time went on it seemed like the whole atmosphere changed. I talked to just about everyone and was well liked by all, but if management don't like you, your done for. They let go alot of key people. They went from being number one. When a concern was brought to supervision he would insist he would take care of, but never or seldom did
Working at Fairview
Work culture needs improvement. Management sides with management in any work issues, and often when employees bring up suggestion to improve processes, they are not taken into consideration. A lot of micromanaging occuring.
Pros
Providers are very patient oriented and care about employees
Cons
Very financially driven
Ok place to work
I had aresl experience there wad no chemical their most of the time a lotmost og the time we had yo makke do of what we had thereeas a loot of confusion
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
No gifts or anything
Many
I advance in many skills
I gained knowledge in many different ways in the home health aide

Thinks was very nice plenty hours I just relocated so I had to move
Pros
Pay transportation
Cons
No break
Shorts staff
Know is just work to the time and go home not nice to work there anymore but I like what I do to work in the kitchen,but my favorite job is too babysit take care of elderly people
Pros
Work on my lunch
Work day
They are very unbalanced. The LNA’s Do not always work together which makes for a crazy day and foe some people to get short with each other. They are very under staffed and have a lot of agencies that come work for them. The turn over rate is very high. Most LNA’s wont last more than a year or two. The upper management doesn’t listen to the LNA’s and what the could improve on to help out the company and the floor.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight