Fairview Health Services Culture reviews

Run away from Imaging Central Scheduling!
Imaging System Sched Coord II (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 22, 2019
When interviewing the manager seemed cool, smart and invested in the team.

As time went on it became clear that promises were never going to be kept, and that leadership was great at acting like they cared but nothing ever materialized or was fixed.

When someone speaks up, or suggest changes they are written up. The culture is a high school school clique no doubt.

Leadership separates them selves from the team, no one else is allowed in. Promotions are internal, of people who are yes men or women. The manager seems to hire unqualified supervisors, and is very involved in lower level leadership day to day (manager is standing in the way of positive change).

The most recent reorganization of leadership has inflated the leadership team beyond department needs, with unqualified ‘pets’ to the manager. This is at the expense of the department budget to adequately hire permanent schedules to meet customer needs.

Always understaffed. So they resort to temporary staff, creating more turn over and further decreasing morale.
Pros
Internal transfer opportunities, Good insurance coverage.
Cons
Leadership, time off, growth opportunities in the department
RN’s protect your license , this is a place that will risk your license
RN Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2019
Fairview has continued to lower performance increases each year while contuining to put nurses licenses on the line and Continue to cut staff. They cannot keep nurses and recently did a full mail out to all RN’s in Minnesota. No one does this if they can keep, retain RN’s with respect and dignity. Fairview burnout of RN’s is insane and most departments can’t stay fully staffed ever. I have seen so many wrong things happen and LPN’s charting for RN’s without RN’s ever approving. If you want to risk your license work here , they don’t treAt nurses with respect and all the doctors get the attention, they will burn you out and watch out for the department of health. Many people have lost licenses over not being full staffed and poor training measures and have not been able to find work. I have over 20 years of experience and the first mistake you make, be careful they will fire you and put a mark on your record. Even if it was a machine and will it is the most clique environment . If employees don’t like you , they will call into the main line and leave “tips and leads that are completely untrue and HR will investigate. Please save yourself from this misery.
Pros
Cons
The poor culture, working overtime and the management who micromanages
Great place
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 30, 2019
Nice place to work. you get really close with your co workers. management always willing to help in though situations. A lot of support so you can learn
speciality clinic
LPN (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNFebruary 22, 2019
Unfortunately, this was the worst experience in my health care career. Long on-boarding training process, by which your preceptor doesn't get compensated for. Your required to cross train, so you can float when your provider is off. Your PTO time is also used as your sick time and for your holiday time (if you want it paid). Your provider makes the schedule even if it varies day to day. Schedule prep daily requires you to arrive 30-40min ahead of clinic opening time. Preferred One benefits offers many options however, when claims get processed there is a delay and you may be billed for several months at once (chiropractic visits). No clear work guidelines, adding tasks often, and may have to stay late to wrap up any phone calls. Provider was not pleased with progress over time, micromanaged daily, intimidated during appointments, aggressive annoyed communication, unapproachable, continually criticized during patient visits and while performing biopsies/procedures. No consistency with the work flow and rushes through appointments leaving the patient with more questions. Pay is fair and competitive. Management also micromanages, no room to strive independently, lack of trust and respect.
Pros
pay, benefits, long lunch, link badge system
Cons
floating, hours varies, provider can make ur work day difficult
Ok place to work
Lead Department Business Coordinator (Current) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
Such a large company that each area has its own subculture.

Hardest - long and busy days. Rarely get a formal break and usually eat lunch at my desk just to try and keep up. Other members of my team say they are bored and don't have enough to do but based on how the work is split a few of us can't keep up and delegating is hard based on the nature of the role.

Most enjoyable: the rare patient interactions I get. When I can actually see the difference I am making or when one of the leaders in my larger department takes the time to truly discuss the strategic initiatives rather than just present them and move on.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Lack of breaks, stressful, skewed expectations with little/no reward
Excellent
Medical Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
Nice job!!! Great company and staff. Best friends I have made at any job. I wouldn’t leave this job unless told to. The benefits are great the staff is wonderful and we have fun at work
Healthcare
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
The best part of the job is:
Working across departments.
Learning about clinics and how they support hospitals.
Building relationships with my colleagues.
Fair View Patient Transport
Senior Patient Carrier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2018
Overall Fairview was a great place to work. My department, however, was poorly managed. I know it may sound like sour grapes, but it was the honest truth. After I was hired I didn't see my supervisor for nearly a year, he only came in for a few hours a couple times a week, and worked from home or from another site. He was a good guy, but he let our department down. This continued for a few years and shortly before I left to go back to school, all the management was replaced. Things could be much better now, and I hope they are. The patient carrier role was very important to the overall care of the patients and they deserved great service and care. Other than that, I'd Say Fairview was a great place to work, they have great benefits, culture, and a mobile career path. Even though you may work long works the people who work there are so great that the time flys by.
Pros
great benefits, career advancement, positive culture
Cons
my particular department was managed poorly
good place to work
Director of Finance - Clinic Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2018
good place to work, this place really cares about their patients and is interested in a good work-life balance, the culture is really good at fairview
Fairview
Data Analytics and Report Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 1, 2018
Cool place to work, depends on the department, but in my department, IT, it is fairly relaxed and not much pressure. you have to actively look for something to work on
Poor Management
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 15, 2018
Employer lacks an open line of communication, lacks support of employees in need, No room to advance. No support from upper management when an employee is under investigation.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Good Culture
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Fairview. Great team work and culture. There was plenty of room to grow in my position. Training for specific positions could be improved a bit, but overall a good place to work.
Good company to work for
Services (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Have always been pleased working for Fairview. Each hospital is different. Everyday is different. Benefits are very competitive. I would recommend Fairview to others.
Opportunit for Advancemet
Patient Financial Coordinator (contract) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2018
If you're looking for an opportunity for advancement with great benefits Fairview is the place to work. Although the environment can be stressful at times, Fairview is a diverse company with competitive benefit package.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment
Fast Paced/
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNNovember 10, 2017
Scheduling/phones 8 hours per day, accuracy is a key factor.
Diversity in cultures
Language barriers can sometimes play into proper scheduling of patient.
Interaction with patients.
Pros
Set procedures
Cons
Language barrier
experience working
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2017
I like working for Fairview, however, there are times that it can be very stressful.

Fairview is very diverse in culture. You have the opportunity to try different fields of work
fun workplace
Nursing Station Technician (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 2, 2017
Busy but fun staff, communication with each other makes the day easier, hardest part of job is time management, amazing doctors and nurses to work with
Pros
fun doctors
Cons
busy patient flow so makes it stressfu at times
Good Place to Work
Medical Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 22, 2017
I feel I have great support and wonderful coworkers. I have learned a lot during my employment here and the culture is encouraging and supportive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to use my skills and education to provide Fairview with my talents. And I receive feedback about my skills and areas of improvement on a regular basis which helps me know where I need to place my efforts and where I am succeeding.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
High deductible healthcare
Team Work
Manager, Creative Agency (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
Working on a team of skilled and engaged staff was the most enjoyable part of my job. I got the opportunity to work with many different levels of staff and was often "heard".
Pros
Friendly staff and team mates.
Cons
We lacked the technical support needed from advanced computers and support.
Questionable?
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2017
Co-workers are not willing to help each other out and if you are one that does help others out as it is a team effort you are frowned upon and questioned as to why you are doing it as it is not part of your job description for that day or time frame.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairview Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight