Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Humble and giving organization that is both challenging and rewarding with a true team atmosphere.
AVP HR Operations (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2018
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is an EXCELLENT place to work. It is not just a company, it is a family. Their culture is like no other organization I have ever seen. Though we have grown to over 7,000 employees - you are not just a number but a true contributor to what this business is all about. The management here is awesome and we receive emails daily from our CEO and others that help us with direction and the WHY someone should choose Fairway as their home. Fairway also has two non-profilt organizations, one called Fairway Cares and the other called American Warriors Initiative. Both give time, support and money to people in time of need - including veterans of this great nation we live in. The team atmosphere at Fairway is unparalleled and the support and commitment is seen by all to help each other to be successful in all that we do. The decision to take this company into the Employee owned company (ESOP) tells it all. Proud to work here and the culture and people make you grateful for the jobs that we have.
Pros
Team committment, Management support, Non-profit contributions, Esop, Communications
Very stressful poor management victor cale
Lo assistant (Former Employee) –  Morganville, NJJuly 16, 2018
In the beginning it was very good to work after 2 months very stressful with manager victor cale he has no idea how to manage put me through A lot of stress I had to get another job and start all over
Cons
Poor management . I did 3 different positions
Worst job I've ever had!
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 16, 2018
Benefits are too high. You only get 3 hours of PTO per pay period and this includes sick time. Management is unprofessional and discusses private information with other employees.
Pros
Pay & ability to work from home
Cons
All benefits and PTO, poor management
Great Culture
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 27, 2018
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation gives you all of the tools you need to succeed. You feel like family when working there. "Fun" is one of the companies best core values.
Good starting job
Sales/Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 15, 2018
the company was a good jumping off point but did not provide a lot of room for advancement. management was good and very helpful. wish there was additional training
Pros
lunches
Great facility
Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 7, 2018
Great facility To work in. Brand new facility with State of the art technology. Free access to on-site fitness center. However, it's a very high stress, fast paced culture, with very little input from employees.
Mortgage is a volatile field
Office Support (Former Employee) –  South Puget Sound, WAJune 6, 2018
Fairway is a great company to work for, it just depends on the individuals that lead your branch. I found there to be animosity among certain individuals making a point not to be helpful with transition and not being team players with regard to training of new associates. Our Area Manager over extended himself financially and received a lack of respect due to his own lack of manner and communication. Thus people left the branch. It all depends on leadership....we had a lack of it.
Part of a team
Licensed Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
As a Licensed Loan Officer Assistant, you work for loan officers, thereby forming a team. The management will back you up if there are issues with your team. The culture of the company overall is great. The training they provide if beyond fantastic.
Pros
Some remote work available
Cons
You don't get to pick your team
Great place to work.
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
Very wonderful company who gives back a lot. I left Fairway to follow my spouse to a job in another city. It is s great company with friendly faces and a lot to offer employees as well as their customers.
Production partner
Executive-Marketing Assistant/Production Partner (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 1, 2018
Fast paced office, zero work-life balance and that is basically required of all sales staff. Strong team values, decent leadership. Great resources within the company.
When new Mgmt. Took over the department went downhill.
PC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75007May 31, 2018
Lots of broken promises and sneaky ways of doing business from New Mgmt. Staff. NOT WHAT the CEO is about and NOT THE CORE VALUES. This company went from an amazing job to negative vibes all in the course of 6 months. Very let down how business is now being conducted.
Pros
Over time when approved/ Beginning of month lunch.
Cons
Sneaky Mgmt. Staff in a specific department, acts as if she is in highschool.
Great Place
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 80111May 22, 2018
This is a great place work with a very friendly environment. Great culture with great people. I would highly recommend this place for newbies in the business.
Sales/Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 15, 2018
I learned the basics of the mortgage industry and how to coordinate and plan meetings with potential clients. It provided me with useful real world work experience
Fairway Mortgage
Post-Closing Validation Auditor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 10, 2018
Fairway is a great company to work for. They do start their promotions from the inside. They also know how to take care of their employers. I enjoy working for them.
nice
Social Media Strategist (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILMay 8, 2018
I did freelance work for this company can't really say too much about it. Overall, the people are friendly, teams are nice, they work fast and efficiently!
Improve your management staff
Purchase Clearing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 4, 2018
Very poor, management only think of themselves no matter what, it's one thing understanding your job but to be leader you need to understand how to talk to people and manage them to be productive motivated employees and for all to work together, the key word MOTIVATION you have no manager that knows how to motivate
Pros
great programs to help others outside of the company
Cons
no programs to help the employees
Fairway's turn-over
Operation (Former Employee) –  CarroltonApril 28, 2018
I found out after working there this place has a high turnover, the employees are very weird acting and not very friendly. I didn't work there very long but it was lot of dysfunction and I wasn't sure if the tone came from Management or what.
Very supportive work environment.
Mortgage Consultant/Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2018
A very collaborative work environment with lots of support from all departments. However, one on one training would have been beneficial for new hires.
Pros
make you own hours and work independently.
Cons
need to be self sufficint
Not good
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2018
Just too much to say. One word, either you call your boss DAD or your not in the click.......................................................................... So pretty much that's bad. And if you are not social with the company then your not part of the company.
Wonderful place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2018
Working for Fairway was a grwat,experience in my mortgage career. The staff was great
The underwriters were commonsense underwriters. They had an excellent support staff as well. Would love to,work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight