Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSDecember 16, 2018
Very poor management & favoritism. Everything promised to me to get there was all the sudden not happening. Expensive benefits & poor pto.. Only allowed so many pto days &
All that includes sick. You can never get off the time u need because the people that have been there longer have gone through the calendar for the year & take days they have no intention of using. Worst experience of my life & they r just lucky i don’t name the managements name. Business gets slow & instead of laying you off they make up
A reason to fire you. Never believe what they tell u to get there. They lid
Pros
Cons
See below
Worst job ever
Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2018
Terrible management, oppressive, toxic environment. Fairway grew too fast and furiously and has zero concern for anyone except sales, whom they spoil
Amazing Leadership and Culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 12, 2018
I have never worked at a company that is so equally employee and customer focused. The management team have all been on the sales side of the business and full understand the dynamics. I highly recommend Fairway Mortgage to anyone that is looking to make a move to a new company.
Pros
Leadership, compensation, technology
Company overall is great poor management very unprofessional
Corporate Funder (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2018
Company is t bad but upper management is horrible very unprofessional and makes employees very uncomfortable .. benefits are horrible .. not a great place for growth
Pros
Great company
Cons
Poor management and terrible benefits
December 11, 2018

ineffective operations
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 20, 2018
like most mortgage brokers, the sales dept wears the pants in the office. daily operations and processing standards bend to the LO's requests. sales employees have no problem modifying documentation in front of everyone in the office. training is lacking, lots of "winging-it". retention for branch processors is very low, morale for operations department is always low.
Pros
there's money to be made
Cons
basically everything else is bs
December 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate your feedback. We strive to create an amazing experience for all. This will be shared with the appropriate group for continuous improvement and necessary coaching.

Great culture and awesome managers to work for!
Mortgage Loan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALNovember 15, 2018
Work hard and play hard is the focus here. You get out of it what you put into it and they give you all the tools to succeed. The CEO of the company is very accessible and is always available to help no matter how big or small your problem may be.
November 19, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us some feedback. Happy you are part of our Fairway Family :)
Have a great day!

Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
Fairway is a great place to work and a company that truly values their employees and training. I left to seek better employment opportunity elsewhere and have been extremely disappointed. Would love to get back on with Fairway
Benefits
Cons
Size of branch
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback! Feel free to check out our current openings we update periodically here: https://fimc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Fairway_Careers

Hardest part of the job
Default Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 6, 2018
Hardest part of the job was that after 10 months being laid off. The management had us on a special project and stating how great we where doing but then laid us off.
Pros
smaller organization
Cons
unstructured, no procedures, and high cost of medical
November 13, 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for your feedback as it will help with process improvement. One of our Core Values is to “Foster Growth and Knowledge.” Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate group for continuous understanding and growth.

Good Workplace
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46256October 31, 2018
Fairway is a good company, however the opportunity for advancement was misrepresented when I was hired. There is a high turnover rate, and management can definitely be improved.
November 13, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. One of our Core Values we continue to strive for is “Consistent, Honest Communication,” as it is critical in what we do every day. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate group for continuous coaching and improvement.

Best support team I have ever seen
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 30, 2018
Fairway is a national leader in the industry. For years I avoided big companies because I did not want the multiple layers of bureaucracy associated with behemoth corporations. Fairway is not like that at all. Every branch is run like its own shop with an incredible support system from the corporate offices. There is a specialized department to help you with any scenario you can think of. If you do not know who to ask for help they have a branch support service that will find the right person to help you. Communication is the best I have every seen and originators are kept in the loop from start to finish. No guesswork. It just works.
Pros
Great communication, More Loan Products, Incredibly Talented Processors
October 31, 2018

SO glad you are a part of our Fairway Family!!! Thank you for your feedback.

Pay was not even the cost of living
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 29, 2018
There was an awful lot of managers whom had made sure there family members received employment and advancement before non family members. This was not held from knowledge.

Fun!
Licensed Loan Officer/Production Partner (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 25, 2018
Nice place to work if you are a focused and positive person. Very sales driven environment. If you're the type of person who can stay focused on work and fun, you will love this place!
November 13, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us some feedback. Have a great day!

Just not a great place to work in a dinosaur industry.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2018
Fairway is a mortgage company that isn't doing anything to remain relevant in a technology driven era. The company was previously a family run operation out of the midwest and there hasn't been any advancement to really compete with other mortgage companies.
Underwriter
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 22, 2018
It’s easy to complain about a company when you leave- so I write bc I’m still here. I love everyday- I never dread going to work. My team is awesome! We reach out if we need help. Guidelines are easy to follow and my manager is always available to get assistance if I need it. We collaborate and work towards creative solutions to any problem.
Pros
The people, culture, pay, the pace
Cons
Healthcare costs
October 31, 2018

Happy you are part of our Fairway Family!! We appreciate your feedback :)

Horrible experience
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2018
In this day and age, it's a rule of thumb that new laws and regulations tend to hurt legitimate businesses the most. Shady businesses aren't affected by new laws and regulations hardly at all because they already operate outside of the law. The same can be said for shady mortgage lenders and the brokerages that they allow to operate unfettered.
It's like the clothing industry here in America - companies like Old Navy that were fined millions of dollars only a decade ago for child slave labor found a simple solution, by adding more layers of accountability to their operation. Clothing companies now use 3rd-party companies to contract their clothing production - and by adding this extra layer, clothing companies have plausible deniability on where and how their product is produced. In other words, Fairway makes a large profit by employing lots of branch offices and turning a blind eye to them. It's still the wild wild west out there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Pretty much everything
October 22, 2018

Fairway values every employee and appreciate your feedback. We believe in Fostering Growth and Knowledge, therefore continue to make process improvements and provide coaching opportunities where needed. Wishing you the best.

Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2018
great company, great support. Help desk is ready all the time to help with any product questions, underwriting questions, HR questions and technology issues.
November 13, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback! So glad you are part of our Fairway Family :)

Branch Manager
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 27, 2018
The branch manager that was over me told me the process was going to be one way and it was a complete different. So it was not as what was promised when I moved to this company
Company has no regard of their employees lives and or the workers that work there other than the loan officers.
Senior Business Analyst- Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I would not recommend anyone working there as they are misleading and do not hold up to their contracts with their employees. They hired a team of employees for a project to start a servicing platform and renigged on the contract after a month and a half and laid off most of the employees they hired (and we were hired fulltime and left other jobs to go to this one). I would not recommend them as this is bad business.
Pros
being a loan officer at this company
Cons
everyone else does not matter
Good company to work for
Licensed Production Partner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2018
Good company to work for. Encompass is easy to work with and easy to find guidelines. Best company by far that I have worked for since I've been in the industry.
Good company, poor management
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 8, 2018
As long as you don't want any promotions, consideration for other jobs, or help with senior management, this is the place for you. The company has great benefits and the owner has a good mission statement. However, senior management is poor. There is a strong history of no return phone calls or emails. In this poster's opinion, one of the simplest things to do is return a phone call. But several department managers act as if they couldn't be bothered. So if you think you will get anywhere after you get your foot in the door, better have someone on your side to help you get noticed
Pros
good benefits, paid vacation, company stock ownership
Cons
Company is so large, you are a number more than a name. Bad senior management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight