Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and family oriented workplace
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 11, 2018
Company is a positive work environment and has a balance with family and life. Very supportive environment. A healthy relationship between underwriting and ops and sales
worked you like a dog
Loan Partner 2 (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 9, 2018
Very fake people you worked hard and they didnt want to pay you over time, which is so wrong and illegal. not a good place to work at all, to many managers.
Flexibility
Collateral Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 1, 2018
Fairway was a good place to work. It had a lot of perks. I enjoyed my job very much. However, it is not a stable place to work. Post closing department is not stable.
Good company, so so management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2018
Branch managers need training in compassion. Favoritism by management is obvious. Most employees are very helpful and fun to work with. Need training program.
Pros
Branch buys lunches, Company as a hole does great things .
Cons
Most employees are overloaded with work. With no relief in sight.
Team Oriented Workplace That's extremly Productve
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2018
A day at work is calm, I've earned so much with this company. This company is team work oriented and although I've only been in this industry 3 years it has been very rewarding.
Core Values
Learning and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 23, 2018
Company is very strong in its growth and values. Very family oriented and team focused. Work is first and Play comes later. CEO is very hands on and in tune with operations.
Extremly Stressful and Clickish environment
Wire Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 23, 2018
Poor Management that stress employee to no limit with no sense of directions. The overall clickish environment makes it very difficult for anyone to move to other departments or to follow policy and procedures that are not consistent to all employees. Depending if you are like by certain people upper determines how far you will go within the company not how good or hard you work.
Pros
Cons
Messy Management
Humble and giving organization that is both challenging and rewarding with a true team atmosphere.
AVP HR Operations (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2018
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is an EXCELLENT place to work. It is not just a company, it is a family. Their culture is like no other organization I have ever seen. Though we have grown to over 7,000 employees - you are not just a number but a true contributor to what this business is all about. The management here is awesome and we receive emails daily from our CEO and others that help us with direction and the WHY someone should choose Fairway as their home. Fairway also has two non-profilt organizations, one called Fairway Cares and the other called American Warriors Initiative. Both give time, support and money to people in time of need - including veterans of this great nation we live in. The team atmosphere at Fairway is unparalleled and the support and commitment is seen by all to help each other to be successful in all that we do. The decision to take this company into the Employee owned company (ESOP) tells it all. Proud to work here and the culture and people make you grateful for the jobs that we have.
Pros
Team committment, Management support, Non-profit contributions, Esop, Communications
Very stressful poor management victor cale
Lo assistant (Former Employee) –  Morganville, NJJuly 16, 2018
In the beginning it was very good to work after 2 months very stressful with manager victor cale he has no idea how to manage put me through A lot of stress I had to get another job and start all over
Cons
Poor management . I did 3 different positions
Worst job I've ever had!
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 16, 2018
Benefits are too high. You only get 3 hours of PTO per pay period and this includes sick time. Management is unprofessional and discusses private information with other employees.
Pros
Pay & ability to work from home
Cons
All benefits and PTO, poor management
Was Happy/Then Not Happy
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
I had a great initial experience. My manager/President of this branch, flew me to Madison, WI for training. He even upgraded my seats to first class (both ways). I enjoyed working there, for the most part. I did hate all the overtime that I had to put in... we were working nights and weekends. However, this is my unhappy part... I got a really sharp pain one day in the office in August. I had to leave to go to the ER. The ER doctor diagnosed me with Shingles and I had to be out for a few days. On my day back to work, they fired me! Stating that I was no longer a cultural fit! What do you think?
Great Culture
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 27, 2018
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation gives you all of the tools you need to succeed. You feel like family when working there. "Fun" is one of the companies best core values.
Good starting job
Sales/Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 15, 2018
the company was a good jumping off point but did not provide a lot of room for advancement. management was good and very helpful. wish there was additional training
Pros
lunches
Great facility
Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 7, 2018
Great facility To work in. Brand new facility with State of the art technology. Free access to on-site fitness center. However, it's a very high stress, fast paced culture, with very little input from employees.
Mortgage is a volatile field
Office Support (Former Employee) –  South Puget Sound, WAJune 6, 2018
Fairway is a great company to work for, it just depends on the individuals that lead your branch. I found there to be animosity among certain individuals making a point not to be helpful with transition and not being team players with regard to training of new associates. Our Area Manager over extended himself financially and received a lack of respect due to his own lack of manner and communication. Thus people left the branch. It all depends on leadership....we had a lack of it.
Part of a team
Licensed Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2018
As a Licensed Loan Officer Assistant, you work for loan officers, thereby forming a team. The management will back you up if there are issues with your team. The culture of the company overall is great. The training they provide if beyond fantastic.
Pros
Some remote work available
Cons
You don't get to pick your team
Great place to work.
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
Very wonderful company who gives back a lot. I left Fairway to follow my spouse to a job in another city. It is s great company with friendly faces and a lot to offer employees as well as their customers.
Production partner
Executive-Marketing Assistant/Production Partner (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 1, 2018
Fast paced office, zero work-life balance and that is basically required of all sales staff. Strong team values, decent leadership. Great resources within the company.
When new Mgmt. Took over the department went downhill.
PC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75007May 31, 2018
Lots of broken promises and sneaky ways of doing business from New Mgmt. Staff. NOT WHAT the CEO is about and NOT THE CORE VALUES. This company went from an amazing job to negative vibes all in the course of 6 months. Very let down how business is now being conducted.
Pros
Over time when approved/ Beginning of month lunch.
Cons
Sneaky Mgmt. Staff in a specific department, acts as if she is in highschool.
Great Place
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 80111May 22, 2018
This is a great place work with a very friendly environment. Great culture with great people. I would highly recommend this place for newbies in the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight