FAIRWAY OUTDOOR ADVERTISING Employee Reviews

Fast Paced environment
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 20, 2019
• Erected and dismantled billboard structures.
• Responsible for structure and vegetation maintenance, including painting, repairing walkways and trim, trimming trees, and cutting grass.
• Ensured the shop and materials yard is clean and organized and old billboard vinyls are stored for recycling.
• Maintained operation vehicles
• Maintained construction tools, equipment, and machinery
• Built and installed extensions on billboards
• Conducted storm damage repairs
• Maintained construction structures-repairs including but not limited to: Electrical repairs, tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and structure, change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble structures and faces when required.
• Operated Brush hogs, chainsaws, & weed eaters for the removal of trees, weeds and all debris.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Was needing to relocate
Great Industry to work in!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ames, IAJanuary 29, 2019
Great Industry to work in! Ever changing industry with lots of new and exciting things happening.

Industry does have lots of acquisitions happening.
Good Place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 10, 2019
Good company.I have enjoyed my time working at Fairway Outdoor Advertising. Very nice people and friendly atmosphere to work. Travel was the good part.
Productive and Family-Like Environment
Market Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27616December 27, 2018
Great place to work! A typical day at work was very laid back and the managers are very flexible. The most enjoyable part about working with this company is that there is work/life balance.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable/Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 23, 2018
This is the same as the other one wasn't there long enough to know anything they changed names that is the only difference in the company. It just became a hard place to work and be happy.
do not work here
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 18, 2018
joke of a company to work for trust me....they give accounts to veteran sales reps.....forget it if you are a new rep...stupid weekly meetings that were waste of time
Great product
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 27, 2018
Fairway could have been very successful in my market however Management didn't know how to manage the inventory or people. I enjoy building new business and helping build business recognition through advertising. Working with Fairway was a Management roller coaster.
Pros
Healthcare
Commercial Real estate Experience dealing with local government
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with local governments including state, County, and municipalities. Also, getting to work with business owners and work through leases and contracts.
sold to Adams Outdoor
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 22, 2018
When I worked there, the people were great, management was good and everyone got along. I worked with many people in my 23 years working for them. loved it.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
could be stressful at times
not a client or employee company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2017
Great employees, great job in general but not on manager and the corporate team. came into local market and raised rates to the extent that advertisers were leaving and other billboard were getting business
Pros
local team
Cons
corporate
Creative environment
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2017
Interesting work on the creative side. Superior support staff. High turnover. Many are hired and then not trained, so they are set up to fail. High turnover in management as well. Software system is antiquated and inadequate.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor management, stressful environment, very high turnover
Better places to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2017
Very micromanaged for a person that doesn't even live in the area. Easy to judge from 500 miles away.
Great people inside the business.
Management will bring the place and the attitude down.
Pros
Building looks nice in Rochester, Clients were great to work with.
Cons
Name it
Worst job I've ever had
Truck Driver Class A / laborer (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 20, 2017
My supervisor and team lead were constantly high or drunk. They planned their routes off of smoking hotels and dry county's. Promised me to be home daily except for occasional over nights and I was gone mon-fri every week. Promised me more money for certifications And upon getting them I was told my pay would stay the same
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Many
Not what it started as
Market Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 14, 2017
It was a great work environment till I had my surgery and when I came back things were not the same. It is good company to work, just the management in Duncan has a lot to be desired. I don't trust the management staff.
good job badly managed
Henry Hackbush Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 5, 2017
Working for this company wasn't always bad in the beginning felt like I mattered to the company but towards the end of my time there it was shown to me that all I was ,was a number that didn't matter at all I got the job done even when it wasn't safe to do so thus leading to my reason for leaving the unsafe work practices that management did not care about.
Overall a good company
Outside B2B Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
Fairway is a good company to work for and they understand that we have a life outside of work. Compensation is decent. Competition among sales reps is fierce. 13 sales reps now work for the company so it's hard to increase personal income splitting up accounts among that many people.
Pros
They understand family and work time
Cons
Too many sales reps to increase my earnings.
Review of Fairway Outdoor
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 2, 2017
I worked their for 10 years until there was a change in ownership. A great place for a creative person who loves the world of advertising. Outdoor advertiising is ubiquitous.
Excellent Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 10, 2016
Excellent company within the OOH industry. Many new variables with the changing landscape of the company. Excellent growth potential for Outdoor advertising.
Good place to learn
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 18, 2016
Used to be a great company with state of the art technology and selling methods. Company was handed off to Adam's Outdoor, its been downhill since. Great for first time sales reps and out of college candidates.
Exciting sales position where everyday is a new adventure.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 26, 2016
Typical day at work is cold calling several prospects about outdoor advertising. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to talk to new people everyday and learn about what their business needs to help them grow.
Pros
Opportunity for great commissions
Cons
You are selling door-to-door, many companies who can afford the service are handled by advertising agencies