FAIRWAY OUTDOOR ADVERTISING Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
do not work here
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 18, 2018
joke of a company to work for trust me....they give accounts to veteran sales reps.....forget it if you are a new rep...stupid weekly meetings that were waste of time
Commercial Real estate Experience dealing with local government
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with local governments including state, County, and municipalities. Also, getting to work with business owners and work through leases and contracts.
sold to Adams Outdoor
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 22, 2018
When I worked there, the people were great, management was good and everyone got along. I worked with many people in my 23 years working for them. loved it.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
could be stressful at times
not a client or employee company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2017
Great employees, great job in general but not on manager and the corporate team. came into local market and raised rates to the extent that advertisers were leaving and other billboard were getting business
Pros
local team
Cons
corporate
Creative environment
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2017
Interesting work on the creative side. Superior support staff. High turnover. Many are hired and then not trained, so they are set up to fail. High turnover in management as well. Software system is antiquated and inadequate.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor management, stressful environment, very high turnover
Better places to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 5, 2017
Very micromanaged for a person that doesn't even live in the area. Easy to judge from 500 miles away.
Great people inside the business.
Management will bring the place and the attitude down.
Pros
Building looks nice in Rochester, Clients were great to work with.
Cons
Name it
Worst job I've ever had
Truck Driver Class A / laborer (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXSeptember 20, 2017
My supervisor and team lead were constantly high or drunk. They planned their routes off of smoking hotels and dry county's. Promised me to be home daily except for occasional over nights and I was gone mon-fri every week. Promised me more money for certifications And upon getting them I was told my pay would stay the same
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Many
Not what it started as
Market Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 14, 2017
It was a great work environment till I had my surgery and when I came back things were not the same. It is good company to work, just the management in Duncan has a lot to be desired. I don't trust the management staff.
good job badly managed
Henry Hackbush Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 5, 2017
Working for this company wasn't always bad in the beginning felt like I mattered to the company but towards the end of my time there it was shown to me that all I was ,was a number that didn't matter at all I got the job done even when it wasn't safe to do so thus leading to my reason for leaving the unsafe work practices that management did not care about.
Overall a good company
Outside B2B Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
Fairway is a good company to work for and they understand that we have a life outside of work. Compensation is decent. Competition among sales reps is fierce. 13 sales reps now work for the company so it's hard to increase personal income splitting up accounts among that many people.
Pros
They understand family and work time
Cons
Too many sales reps to increase my earnings.
Review of Fairway Outdoor
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCMarch 2, 2017
I worked their for 10 years until there was a change in ownership. A great place for a creative person who loves the world of advertising. Outdoor advertiising is ubiquitous.
Excellent Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 10, 2016
Excellent company within the OOH industry. Many new variables with the changing landscape of the company. Excellent growth potential for Outdoor advertising.
Good place to learn
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 18, 2016
Used to be a great company with state of the art technology and selling methods. Company was handed off to Adam's Outdoor, its been downhill since. Great for first time sales reps and out of college candidates.
Exciting sales position where everyday is a new adventure.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 26, 2016
Typical day at work is cold calling several prospects about outdoor advertising. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to talk to new people everyday and learn about what their business needs to help them grow.
Pros
Opportunity for great commissions
Cons
You are selling door-to-door, many companies who can afford the service are handled by advertising agencies
effort and skill = heavier workload and responsibility without compensation
digital billboard tech (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 25, 2016
stagnant growth potential, everything is urgent and has to be finished today. moreover, the moral and enthusiasm of the atmosphere is vague and transparent. the struggle is predominant and with designed intent to suppress initiative or offer credit. promises are constant but rarely tangible.
Pros
autonomy/ hours
Cons
budget and labor intensive results of poor maintenance/ scheduling
Productive workplace environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbia, KYFebruary 5, 2016
A competitive and fun workplace. Flexibility granted when needed. Travel is required and you can make your own schedule!
Pros
Meeting new people and businesses
Cons
Poor management style
Fun place to work with lots of extra benefits.
Real Estate Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Negotiated leases with business property owners for location of billboards on their property. Worked with numerous zoning officials to assure legal compliance.
Pros
Company car for business and personal use.
Cons
A lot of driviing
interesting work
sales rep (Former Employee) –  LaCrosse,Wi.September 17, 2015
great sales staff...fast paced...wonderful art dept....good people...very hard to please the upper management team...
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
bottom line company
Going through a tough transition with new ownership.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYJune 6, 2015
Currently going through a tough transition with new ownership. Should make them a stronger company in the long run. My time there has increased my knowledge of the Outdoor industry and the different media's of advertising. Still the strongest way to advertise for your dollar.
High quality Outdoor Advertising/ Billboards; responsible and reputible.
Account Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 8, 2014
Fairway, (sold out to Akerley) was a very professional organization focused on high-end billboard and bus shelter design through final installation. There was a real feeling of corporate know how and backup strength in the company.
As a sales rep. my days were different depending on client needs and schedules. Usually we would meet for an overview morning meeting to hash through success and problem areas. From here I would be on the telephone or meeting with outside clients. At the end of each week our sales would be listed on a big board. I was most effective at designing and selling neigborhood bus shelters.
The hardest part of the job was maintaining weekly/ monthly sale quotas; espacially in the summer season.
Pros
Gooid people; clean working environment, company car; expense account; sales incentives;
Cons
Company winding down to sell interests to new owners.