Fairwinds Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Where's the management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 3, 2018
Was a decent place when I first started but went downhill quickly when there was no clear leadership. Certain techs took on the role of being the bosses and tried to lead by intimidation. Some techs decided what their role was and did not change from their position. This means they would not assist a tech down the hall or work with certain age groups. I feel bad for clients that are paying top dollar to be there but ultimately watch an employee sideshow. I'm glad to be gone.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
coworkers. Lack of management.
Work Description
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 12, 2018
A treatment center working with individuals with drug, alcohol, and eating disorders. Daily groups were provided to deal with current addictions and ways to cope.
Great Place to Work for Longevity
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  ClearwaterMarch 8, 2018
Fairwinds is a great place to work if you are passionate about mental health care. It provides a great work culture. Management is very supportive of the staff, understanding of personal needs, and flexible with scheduling. The organization offers a great opportunity for staff to gain experience while advancing education and career (many of the techs are in school to become/have transitioned to the roles of nurses and therapists), which accounts for the majority of the turnover over the years. Many other staff members have been at the facility for 5, 10, or even more years. They will flex scheduling based upon school, military, family, health, and retirement needs. There are also opportunities for advancement, as many of the receptionists and MHTs, as well as some of the nurses and therapists, have progressed into other roles over time. They are dedicated to finding quality employees and take time with orientation and ongoing staff training to ensure that staff are comfortable with their duties.
Pros
low-cost, high-quality meals; supportive management; work culture
Cons
mental health may not be the best fit for all healthcare workers
They fire to hire lower paying applicants
Mental Health Tech and Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 10, 2018
The over-time offered was good. The CEO is all about money and has a severe anger management problem. You are over-worked. High staff turnover....for many reasons.
Pros
Over-time
Cons
Several
Dedicated Staff
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 27, 2017
Fairwinds Treatment Center understands every patient is unique and develops an integrated treatment plan to fit each patient’s unique circumstances. The dedicated staff at Fairwinds staff is made up of the top physicians, therapists, counselors and medical professionals in behavioral medicine.
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterNovember 21, 2017
This was a great place to work. The nurses were super supportive of one another. I could always talk to the DON and received support whenever I needed help with a situation. She would send the nurses and techs to local conferences to learn more about the illnesses that we were treating. We used a behavior modification system with patients to motivate them. They recognized that addictions and eating disorders are illnesses and were not punitive in their approach. It was so rewarding to hear of the successes from former patients through the Alumni program.
Pros
Great Supervisors, Colleagues, Atmosphere, Ongoing Training
Hero to Zero
NSG (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterApril 21, 2017
Was an amazing place to work and I love helping people. Very strict and well run for the first couple years ever since it's been a train wreck. All about money not recovery, not equipping people with the adequate tools to stay clean and sober, D.O.N. and HR need to be replaced before anything will change. Patients run the place, no accountability or consequences for anything they do. Staff is treated horrible and spoken down to, you never know if you will have a job or not, management very childish and unprofessional. As the title says went from a great place to a horrible place to work, avoid at all costs. If you aren't one of the favorites you will get in trouble and will see others do the same thing and get no punishment at All.
Pros
The techs and nurses, maz, Dr.C, get to help people
Cons
D.O.N., HR or what they consider HR, believe patients over staff, unhealthy work environment
misleading nightmare
confidential (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 9, 2017
If you care about people and patients and want to help in their recovery this is not the place for you.
There is no training and what you do learn you are expected to know it within a week. There is so much to do in such little time. It's impossible to make connections. In addition, training is inconsistent. A huge disappointment. As long at the patients are getting their needs met is all I care about. And it seems that is happening.
The staff is small. Everyone is too busy to get to know one another. It is very clique like. You can feel it in the air.
Pros
meals are good, facility is clean, patients are nice
Cons
too many too list. parking is awful.
loved it
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 30, 2016
most rewarding job I've had. i loved the individuals, the pay, and my coworkers. it was fun and interactive. it didn't feel like a job.
Rewarding job but no room for much advancement
Dietary Aide/ Tech (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FlSeptember 2, 2015
I loved my job at Fairwinds. I worked the majority of the time in the kitchen as a dietary aide preparing and delivering medically prescribed meals to clients with eating disorders. The rest of my time at work I was a Tech for the Eating Disorder Intensive Out Patient Program. I watched over meal time and sat in for group therapy session to take notes and document any diseased behaviors I noticed. I loved most everyone I worked with. Unfortunately there wasn't much room for me to grow there and management didn't seam to care about serving the proper items to patients. Being near the bottom of the chain of command at work whenever I found an error or noticed a patient acting peculiar and reported it I was either ignored or the situation was handled with no appreciation towards me and the extra work I put in to fix the problem. It was a great job and I loved working the the patients and watching them grow in their recovery but unfortunately there was not much room for me to advance there.
Pros
good pay, good hours, safe environment
Cons
no room for growth, unappreciative management
Professional, small facility, nice atmosphere to work, Learning experience.
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Was a learning experience. Pay was decent and benefits were very good. The people that worked there were friendly and made me feel comfortable getting the information needed to perform the job. Worked as a team to go through the whole process from admissions to discharge. Set goals and if achieved would get a bonus.
Ate lunch in cafeteria with lunch provided for staff and patients..Had a recreation committee for staff to plan events for special occasions.
Pros
nice atmosphere, lunches, team work, bonus, good benefits, company recreation time.
Cons
moved too far away
Rewarding place to work with supportive staff
Online Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Managing the online marketing strategy for a behavioral heath facility is both challenging and rewarding. Most families and individuals who need treatment find a facility through their physician, a personal referral or by searching online. Eating disorder and substance abuse treatment services are in a highly competitive industry in general, so most well established facilities are working hard to stay ahead of the competition in order to be found easily online. This presents daily challenges as the online marketing manager. But the biggest reward is seeing patients who've found Fairwinds Treatment Center because of our online presence, have completed the program and are now able to live happy, healthy lives.
Pros
excellent food, great people