Falcon Critical Care Transport Employee Reviews

good experience
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  El Sobrante, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Interesting work and good calls. Management is reasonable but expect to stay busy. Great company for new EMTs to get hands on experience. Feels good helping people
Pros
Flexible scheduling; good management
Cons
Busy during shifts
I like the exposure to the medical world but the management could be better
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  El Sobrante, CADecember 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working with most of the partners I have had so far and the experience I've obtained working as an EMT, but the thing that makes this job frustrating is dispatch and the management. Falcon looks bad as a company to many of our patients because dispatch often gives us, the EMTs, the page for the call late, making us late to pick up a patient, and making us have to apologize for something that is out of our control. I don't know if this has to do with dispatch getting a pay bonus for giving us EMTs 5 calls for the duration of our shift or what, but even that itself gives dispatch the incentive to run us like dogs for the whole day without breaks, but doesn't give us the incentive to work harder since we're not getting any bonus. I understand the negatives that come with being an EMT in general, but Falcon takes some of those negatives to a new level. If Falcon wasn't so frugal and genuinely cared about their employees, maybe there wouldn't be a higher job turnover rate compared to other ambulance companies.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Terrible Management
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJune 30, 2018
Management is the worst of any company I have worked for. They do not care about their employees at all. You are just a warm body making them money. Completely replaceable. This is evident the first day of work. The people they promoted to managers are not management material in any way shape or form. Rude, hard to get in touch with, and zero people skills. They even posted a sign for a while that Emt's couldn't use the same bathroom as office staff. Do not work here you will become bitter within a month. Dispatch is a joke. They are never paying attention which causes you to constantly repeat yourself. They say you will get lift assist for heavy patients but they are often denied and you are flagged and spoken to if you call too many. They do not care if you hurt yourself or the patient its just about the money.
Pros
flexible with schedules
Cons
management
Not recommended
Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (Former Employee) –  El Sobrante, CA 94803May 6, 2018
Not very flexible with hours and over worked every shift. Management isn't open to employees and exposure to life threatening illness makes this job not worth it.
good place to work at
EMT-Basic/Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  El Sobrante, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoy working here because they grant me so much flexibility, the people I work with at the company are great and it helps me with patient contacts.
a great place to work!
Critical Care Transport Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Cerrito, CASeptember 22, 2017
Falcon is a amazing place to work, I work per diem there and love it! My manager is the best and so easy to ask questions to or call for advice. All the EMT's that I have worked with are beyond helpful.
Great for students
EMT (Former Employee) –  El Sobrante, CAApril 8, 2016
If you are looking for a place that will work around your school schedule and give you the tools to succeed with advancement in your medical career, this is the company I suggest. Management is great and will work with you when ever they can. Everyone at the company follows the culture, which is very employee oriented, family oriented, and an all around fun place to work. The fulfillment you get helping others each and every day is just an added bonus.
Pros
Scheduling
About Falcon
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Good for 1st experience but do not stay long-term. This place has gone down hill, it used to be a great place to work, not w hat it used to be.
Pros
They will hire anyone with a pulse and certs!
Cons
All the above
Having a lot of fun
EMT (Current Employee) –  Bay areaJuly 13, 2015
The management team really care's about me and has been very flexible and fair with me. This company has a great reputation and I can see why. The hardest part of the job is not getting a break when you want it. The most enjoyable part is taking care of patients and getting some experience.

Pros
Great management and co-workers
Cons
very busy
meh
BLS Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  El Sobrante, CAApril 23, 2015
the hours are great. Middle management is great, but the pay is pretty laughable, I can make more waiting tables than as an EMT. BLS or not that's insane
Great learning experience
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  El Sobrante, CAApril 2, 2015
Working here was a great learning experience. Learning patient care and what it is like working on the ambulance was the best part of working here.
Great place to start off my career in this field, awesome management!
Emergency Medical Technician (E.M.T) (Current Employee) –  3508 San Pablo Dam Rd, El Sobrante, CAOctober 30, 2013
A typical day consists of coming into work, saying hello to everyone there, then going along and checking out all of the equipment. Then you go off and enjoy the rest of the day with your coworker.
I have learned a lot that you can't learn in an E.M.T class setting, how to talk with a real patient, how to treat them kindly when they don't treat you kindly, how to work with any coworker and quickly adapt to their personality.
Management has been great since I started, they have allowed me to have a flexible schedule while going to school.
Hardest part of the job is felling like you should've done more on a call, or questioning what you did on a given call. Even if you actually did everything correct.
Best part is meeting new people, learning life experience from some patients who are regular transports who you get to see every week.
Pros
Great job, lots of experience
Cons
Some long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Falcon Critical Care Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

Falcon Critical Care Transport Reviews by Job Title