Fall River Public Schools Employee Reviews

Working as a teacher
Social Studies Middle School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 23, 2019
As at any teaching position in an urban school, the hours were long and the pay was low. However, the kids were incredible, the staff was encouraging, and I felt extremely supported.
Good work place with lots to offer the students
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 15, 2018
Working in FAll River Public Schools is a great way to get involved with our community. It is a direct route to guiding and assisting our youth into a successful adulthood
great atomsphere low pay
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 15, 2018
Great to have the opportunity to make a difference or at least get a chance to help the youth in defining years of there life. The pay doesn't correspond with the cost of living which makes it hard for most to stay in this position.
Enjoyable job just need more hours
Home visitor (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 19, 2018
Job is fine just need more hours it’s enjoyable to work with many different people in my position we perform different jobs helping one another to complete some tasks
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Not enough hours
Not for me...
Teacher of Art & Visual Design (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 25, 2018
It was good at the beginning, but was ruined with teacher evaluation and required binder. Too much disconnect from what I was actually teaching and what was reflected in my weekly lesson plans.

School got very dangerous when we moved to a 100+ year old building that lacked proper security and modern safety measures.
Great place
Kuss Middle - Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 23, 2018
implement lesson plans, educate youth, create behavioral plans, exercise, have fun, classroom management,

when you love what you do, its hard to complain
Pros
building rapport
Cons
can be stressful
PARAPROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 30, 2018
Anyone who has ever worked in elementary education, knows it can be quite challenging. but when your coworkers feel like family, it makes those challenges feel less daunting. I truly enjoyed my time with Fall River Public Schools.
Looking for a math teaching job levels 7-12.
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 13, 2017
Certified by the state of Massachusetts to teach math with more than 20 years of experience at the middle and high schools levels. Taught algebra, geometry, trigonometry, 7th and 8th grade math. Bilingual, English. And Spanish.
Great place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 24, 2017
Great place to work. Families, staff, and administration work together. Teachers work hard for all children. Fast paced environment. Recommend working here.
Expanding my career in Human Services
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoy the learning aspect in the classroom and working with the children by helping them with class work. The staff is very supportive and the children can be fun at times.
Benefits
Cons
the behaviors
If you don't have kids, it's perfect.
Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 1, 2017
The school I taught at was extended-day so we taught 90 minutes longer than the average school day. This was very tiring especially after having a child.

If you are single, have no kids, or just love to work long hours, then the job is great because the pay is phenomenal. However for me, my life was out of balance.
Sr.custodian (Former Employee) –  103 Elsbree st. Fall river maMay 29, 2017
It is a good place to work,when funding is there.can be stressful if no funding for supplies,repairs of equipment.new equipment is often needed.overall descent job
Pros
Days off, advancement
Cons
Lack of equipment
Teachers are great, Admin not so much
Special Education Inclusion/Self-contained Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 26, 2017
The teachers in Fall River give 110% to the students so they can succeed. Teachers go above and beyond the normal work day to help students. However, with such a high rate of turnover for Administration, it's difficult to keep up with the constant changes and non-qualified principals. They continue to cut essential teaching staff and hire more department heads a.k.a. administration that do not work directly with students in order to help the principals. Another important factor is the discipline. You need to have excellent classroom management skills to be successful here because Admin does not support their teachers. I would not recommend a first year teacher to come to this district.
Pros
Great teacher collaboration
Cons
Administation dies not support the teachers
Great Students
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 10, 2017
FRPS has a crew of dedicated teachers. The students come to school with a lot of "baggage" but the district is committed to ensuring they receive an excellent education.
teaching was rewarding
Substitute school teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 4, 2015
I loved my job. The kids were great, funny and eager to learn. The staff was always friendly and supportive. The admin. staff was always there for you and supported you 100%.
Pros
the kids
Cons
work not full time
A Day in the Life of a Music Teacher (short version)
Music Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 6, 2015
Day is 8.5 hours long (extended day program)
Learned a lot about classroom management
Get a long great with co-workers
Hardest part is the long day
Most enjoyable part is enthusiastic students
Pros
Great camaraderie, beautiful building, great health care and salary
Cons
Long hours, many students in crisis
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 15, 2015
The best part of my job was working with the children. Even on stressful days, I enjoyed helping them learn and grow. I worked with many wonderful people over the years. What I found to be the most challenging was dealing with cut backs and constraints on teachers and the impact it was having on the students.
Pros
Fun working with children
Cons
Politics of education system
Well paying Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 17, 2014
I loved working there. best job I have ever had. I worked very hard however I worked alone and was a very relaxing work environment. I loved my supervisor and enjoyed the job overall.
Pros
well paying
Cons
Hours were from 1 PM - 930 PM
If you teach, there is no support
Itinerant SpEd Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 22, 2014
You are not appreciated by administration. Fall River Public Schools teaches to the test. There is much stress. Teacher evals are made according to whims and friendships. If you don't brown-nose the admin of your school, your eval will be trash. You will be glad to see this school district in your rear view mirror. You will find great colleagues and self centered principals and vice principals. Very cliquey.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
You are on your own. Mentor program is a farce. No support.
High school setting serving students who benefit from an alternative educational experience.
Social Worker/Counselor/Special Needs Department (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 24, 2013
Wonderful job experience: no two days are the same.
Co-workers are very dedicated and knowledgeable.
Pros
work week m-f
Cons
could use more space for our programs.