Fallon Health Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Currently Employed (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 26, 2018
Fine place to work. Employees are engaged and fun to work with. Constant changes, just like all other Insurance companies. Good advancement opportunities.
Ok place to work
QUALITY & RISK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 16, 2018
Very micromanaged but people there are very nice. Very good benefits offered. Lots of promoting from within but not necessarily for the right reasons.
Family oriented but short staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work but they do not pay what other places pay as they are non profit. They do not hire enough people so you do the work of 3-4 on low salary and long hours. Not said but expected to answer emails, texts, while out on vacation or PTO.
Busy, but enjoyable
Member Appeals and Grievances Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 17, 2018
I loved everything about my job. Even when the work was hard, my coworkers made it enjoyable. If I didn't have to relocate I'd still be there. Pay and benefits were great.
Professional, human environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 12, 2018
During my brief employment at Fallon Health. I was treated with dignity, respect from my peers, managers and Departments. The Culture, atmosphere was very different from any job I have encountered. Family Oriented and a positive health message.
Pros
Free Gym Memebersip reimbursement. Company gym with lots of food, fun and they keep you busy.
Cons
Nothing negative to say!!!!!
Productive and great place to work
Billing and Enrollment Operations (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 5, 2018
Fallon is a great place to work. lots of support, people help you to advance, full time, great hours, very flexible, free parking close to site, discount on health insurance.
Pros
learn about health care, nice work environment
Cons
the pay
Abusive Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2018
I took a position in customer service to get into the company and after gaining some experience look for a higher level job in the company. Management there was so very abusive and made working there very unpleasant. Not sure what the rest of the company was like but steer clear of this one.
Rascist staff
Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Day Program (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 23, 2018
Extremely rascist staff, would not ever refer anyone to work there, rascism is common there, bigotry and fascism expressed by all employees and HR staff
Pros
Cons
Rascism at its finest
Fallon is a great picture until you walk through the door
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 4, 2018
Management does not care about properly training and onboarding their staff to be success in the work place. They undervalue and unappreciated a lot of their long tenure employees which is sad. The company just focuses on the overall big business aspect, not on building a solid core with your employees and providing them tools and technology to effectively get their jobs done. Fallon is not at all a cultural work environment nor do they appreciate diversity.
Fallon by far has been one of the worst organizations I have worked for.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
30 min lunches.
An excellent place for people who care
Software Quality Assurance Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 18, 2018
In a very fast paced and ever changing environment, it takes teams of quick thinking and mentally agile individuals.

Fallon Health is one such place.

Healthcare is challenging and constantly evolving, but Fallon's culture encourages ingenuity and alacrity, with a focus on healthy lifestyles and positive outcomes for their insured.

Particularly excellent are their emphasis on care for medicare and medicaid recipients.
Pros
excellent benefits, room for advancement and forward thinking leadership
Cons
Ever changing state and federal regulations can make for chaotic situations
Claims Admin department
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chestnut stApril 13, 2018
There has been a lot of turnover from upper management down to employees in the claims department. We had a new CEO since 2016 for the company and a new director for this department the same year resulting a drastic change in work culture into a terrible stressful work environment. Managers and the director is to blame - micromanagement and negative work environment from these monsters have caused a high turnover rate. We had probably 40-50 employees quit or terminated as a result. Almost everyday you are constantly fearing of losing your job for fear that you are not making your audits or not meeting the production goals.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Horrendous work culture, micromanagers, high turnover, no job security
Work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 6, 2018
I really can't speak too much on Fallon as I did not work there for too long. My coworkers seemed happy and there seemed to be room for growth. Customer service job
dis organized
rehab aid (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 5, 2018
Changes are constant, so no one stays for too long, no communication , every new manger make their own changes according to there needs. Its like high school only popular people has a voice.
Not recommended.
Account Executive Senior Care Products (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 9, 2018
Stay clear! Pressure and stress with little to no help from management. The job is flexible and that is about the only plus out of it. Lots of effort and no recognition for it for all that matters is that you reach your monthly goal.
Pros
flexible schedule and pay
Cons
all about numbers not efforts
It's a great company to work for.
Senior Care account executive (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 23, 2018
It's a great company to work for. Everyone is fun to work with, i have nothing negative to share. My experience at Fallon Health has opened the door to other opportunities.
Productive place to work
Case Management - Program Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 17, 2018
Nice place to work. I really don't have much more to say. Been there nine years and have enjoyed my time there. Workplace culture is relaxed.......................................................
Busy work environment, ever changing healthcare industry
Behavioral Health Director (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 3, 2018
Learned about managed care
increased knowledge about Division or Insurance regulations
Managed five behavioral health care managers
Most enjoyable - supervising the staff
hardest - long commute, long hours
management is supportive, hard working
Very friendly work place.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 1, 2017
At Fallon I am in the health education dept. I work with disease management. C.O.P.D. and Asthma education. Pay is very good and it is a relaxed work environment.
Fallon is Good if you're starting in the industry
NaviCare (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 21, 2017
Its a nice place to work for the most part. I had a lot of advancement until I got into a specific department and now it does not look like I will be able to see much advancement based on the lack of recognition for contributions.
Pros
Good Time Off
Too lean
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 24, 2017
Every department is over-worked, under-paid, and wears too many hats. Equipment is too old. Attempts to engage with management to change things or make valid suggestions fall on deaf ears or get stolen and pitched to upper management as their own ideas.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management, upper management, too lean, lack of direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fallon Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about