Falls Church City Public Schools Employee Reviews in Falls Church, VA

Food Sevice is the worst
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 19, 2018
The Food Service Director is a tyrant who the employees are terrified of. He makes them cry and offers little to no training. He is more concerned with "HIS" catering business than the children that eat school lunch. He needs to be investigated but he is buddies with the HR department. I was told they couldn't offer me a contract with benefits because they didn't have it in the budget.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benifits and a tyrant food service director
Excellent experience
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 4, 2018
I had a positive experience with the new and old administration. I was always placed with amazing teachers and students who were eager to learn. My only complaint would be budget for paraeducators.
The best
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 3, 2018
Falls Church City schools are the best I've ever seen. If you have a chance to work there, don't miss it. The parents are involved in the best way and the administrators treat teachers as valued professionals.
Pros
supportive culture
Cons
doesn't pay enough to live in the area
Great kids and co workers, amateur hour with the management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 16, 2018
The students were amazing to work with. They brought creativity and joy to the classes every day. The teachers work hard and enjoy their positions as well. Seems to be a large disconnect between the teachers and admin
After School Care - Great for College Students
After School Counselor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 23, 2018
I worked both over the summer and during the school year. During the school year you get maybe 15-20 hours a week but during the summer you get more because it becomes an all day program. Your experience really depends on which school you work at (Mount Daniel, Thomas Jefferson, or Mary Ellen Henderson). I enjoyed working with the kids but did not enjoy management. Each school has a supervisor on site (or at least they are supposed to be) but there are also two other main supervisors. Males seemed to get better treatment than females. There were strict rules on cell phone use and planning activities but the males were not held to this standard; but it seemed to become lax for everyone by the time I left. At that time there was no structure and employees were goofing off almost all of the time.

I do think this is a good job for a young undergraduate student who only wants to work a few hours a week and still have fun. The lack of growth, unstructured environment and the low pay just does not make sense for anyone else.
Cons
management, pay
Great work environment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 28, 2017
This was my first job working within a school system. The job culture is very nice, almost like a close-knit family. I was taught thoroughly how to perform my job.
Director Day Care
Day Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 14, 2017
The director is not very understanding, however, the supervisor of program was one of the most amazing individuals I have ever worked with. If you desire to work at any establishment be aware that gossip does take place.
Great school, great place to work! The administrators, teachers, instructional aides were very professional and truly loved their students!
K-1st Grade Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 2, 2017
I taught K-1st Grade Physical Education. I had a physical education aide who assisted me with my teaching. I truly loved the school, students and staff at Mt. Daniel Elementary. Everyone was very professional. I gained so much knowledge working with kids who are just learning locomotor skills to sports skills.
Pros
Very professional staff. Administrators, parents and students of the school were great!
Cons
The school didn't have a gym. I taught in the cafeteria, went outside or taught in the classroom.
Great environment to work with
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 18, 2017
Great experiences working there. Environment is friendly, teachable and great place to pick up new skills, experiences and learn from the best. Great benefits for employees.
Pros
Safe emvironment
Cons
Small community
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 20, 2017
Colleagues were friendly and shared the desire to represent FCCPS in the most professional and productive ways possible.
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 28, 2016
I like this job a lot I have learned a lot I enjoy being with the with the children they are fun out going and they are adorable I always loved working with kids and always felt passionate they are very smart and I learn a lot from them each and every day
Professional place to work
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 8, 2016
A professional learning community with forward-thinking initiatives. A learning community committed to academic excellence and supporting all learners.
Worked hard but rewarding
Lead Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 17, 2016
I worked for the Security and Facility Use department and in my opinion it was fun. I worked a lot of events supervising and meeting new clients that would rent rooms in the the schools for private events.I eventually was promoted to lead where I organized and scheduled the events. This is where I learned a lot about database management and time management. I developed a good rapport with hundreds of clients and it was fun for me meeting new people with their ideas. The work was hard and had long hours. Now they started outsourcing all the help and i would not recommend this position anymore. The management was good and as long as you respect them they will do the same to you.
Pros
Enviroment and people
Cons
long hours and high work load
Great Place to work
Day Care (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 3, 2015
I work as a Day care provider. Awesome work environment and great co-workers. They are very flexible with creating a work schedule and balances with your home life.
Cons
no health care