FAMILIES FIRST Employee Reviews

Not a positive work environment - Unstable job security and programming due to funding
Executive Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2018
Leadership seems to mismanage funds which leads to program cuts and positions being constantly cut and employees outside of leadership payed in pennies and treated like trash. But the work of the organization is GREAT! and the mission and organization have been undergoing change.
awful
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 17, 2018
ownership/management is poor. stressful environment. no room to grow in positions, favoritism. owner is shady a liar, has memory loss. over worked and under paid.
Productive workplace
DIRECT CARE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, GAAugust 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to enjoy the company of the teens and the partner I worked with on my shift. Watching the children move forward past their issues.
Pros
The teens
Cons
Compensation
Exciting and Fun
Family Coach (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 2, 2018
Awesome non-profit to work at ! I enjoyed every moment of my employment at Families First. The culture of the business is definitely to put families first.
Pros
Awesome events
Productive and fun workplace.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2018
This would be the perfect place to work for you if in fact you are truly a people person. Social skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite would be absolutely necessary.
Pros
Great Staff
Hard work for deserving population
Crisis Stabilization Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 16, 2018
Work was tough but worthwhile for at risk youth who need caring dedicated people in their lives. Culture was somewhat family like. Company very susceptible to politics and funding for services for SED youth.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Tough physical work and dangerous at times
Awesome place to work
Family Coach (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 3, 2018
I absolute love working here ! Will jump at the opportunity to be a part of this awesome work environment here ! I met some of the most of the most innovative passionate people here.
Pros
Cons
non
Offers training
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2018
Primary focus on preserving families. Promotes programs to benefit children and their families. Seeks program that are community based and easy access to clients served.
Pros
Offers training
Cons
New location
Excellent
Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Families First because they have an excellent environment of staff along with benefits and a high level of employee morale.
Working with Kids
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2018
I loved working with the children and their families. I felt like I made a difference. I work with the families and schools to help the children get the help they needed.
Pros
working with Kids
Cons
sometimes parents are not very helpful
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2018
Families first is a great place to work. The people there are great and will help you with everything you need. You can advance in the company very fast as well.
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
low pay
Counseling
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
Being a part of the counseling department for a little over 10 years was very rewarding for me. I was able to establish a great working relationship with both staff members as well as clients that came in for service.

I miss this kind of work and wish I can find another agency that offers the services that families first does.
Fsrp
In home social worker (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAJanuary 23, 2018
I was an FSRP and it is very stressful and DHS workers are very demanding and not nice of your time. This should be a good job if you had no life outside this job.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
crazy people with crazy demands
Good environment
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJanuary 12, 2018
There are two different sides to the company, FSRP and BHIS, the FSRP side has better treatment and they are made to believe that they are what keeps the company going.
Educational, thriving and fun
Volunteer/Affiliations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2018
Great environment where one could thrive and be able to put one's ideas to practice. I was able to incorporate some of my own ideas pulled from books or other courses I took and I felt like that overall made lessons more full and well rounded to the student's needs.
fun to work
COS (Current Employee) –  VermontJanuary 4, 2018
It very nice place to work and the people are very nice. The individual is very respectful. They have a nice set for the individual to have fun or go to work and do some fun things.
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
matching is hard.
somewhat overbearing on clients
Respite substitute (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTDecember 16, 2017
too much head room of employees they are too high on their horse per se to give client's the movement necessary to excel. There is too much lying to clients that goes on behind closed doors.
Rewarding
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCNovember 21, 2017
During this time I worked self employed but worked with a consulting group WNCBEST who created and managed ABA programs for clients. I worked with two families one directly meaning they paid solely for my services and another family that paid partial for my services and the remaining through Families First. The arrangement was to help the client with the cost of my services as they had twins that both received therapy. The three children and their families that I worked with during this time were wonderful to work for and with. Some of my daily responsibilities included preparation for daily activity and therapy, prep for data collection and notes, shadowing client in school setting, in home therapy, community outings, accompaning to other therapy or services, maintaining daily program information, data, and management, communicating with other therapists, parent, consultant, and also create separate notes and data for Families First per their requirements.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Lots of hours on the job and at home
okay
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHNovember 17, 2017
Go in to work get charts ready to start working with clients, I learned to help people, management was ok. I enjoyed been a community health worker and helping other
Small Company with BIG benefits
Home Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2017
Small company with long standing history within the community.
Favorable community relationships. Lack of management support and focused supervision.