Families United Network, Inc. Employee Reviews

Case Manager
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 17, 2019
I love my supervisor and co-workers. There's a lot of flexibility with the job and you get support from your supervisor and coworkers. The benefits are a plus (as they are more than what most places offer)-Paid medical, Paid Days Off, Personal Days, Paid Holidays, Annual raises, annual performance bonuses, etc. It can be a stressful job, but rewarding as well.
Great
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2019
Love the office I work in! Coworkers are like family and our supervisor is the greatest! Benefits included and paid days off. Company that cares about their employees.
The new management is very unprofessional and not supportive to it's employees.
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAAugust 2, 2019
New management makes false allegations against employees and don't apologize when it is proven false. Do not expect your supervisor to support you in meetings with HR. They do not want to be seen as not supporting their supervisor in upper management. They will stand by and say nothing to support you.
Ashler Manor @ Families United
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAJuly 10, 2019
As a youth advocate, you are expected to work whatever hours you are dragged into if something happens and work additional hours when on call. You may not leave the location for up to 16 hours if you are on call and someone calls off. You may have to work someone else's position in a different area and with little or no experience working in his or her position. The pay is horrible! You get punched, kicked, pinched, spit on, etc. by the residents and it is literally just a holding facility for the girls there. It was frustrating to want to help the youth and having good ideas from myself and other advocates get shot down by management. Management was set in his or her ways and change were very rare. The most change that took place was the staff coming and leaving. Burnout was something that almost all staff dealt with daily and were at times paranoid and always alert that something was going to happen in a negative manner. The agency brought in girls with mental illnesses, intellectual disabilities, and behavioral issues and put them all under one roof. This caused a lot of chaos for the staff and tensions were high. Runaways and restraints were a common daily or weekly act. I worked there for 10 months and I was heartbroken by how this whole system was run and the youth that wanted to do good and progress was held back by the girls who were misbehaving. It was not fair but there is always a lack of staff and no new positive ideas. Even the staff would talk about each other and the youth would overhear this or staff would actually talk to youth about other staff. It is a hard  more... place to work if you know your worth because you are disrespected and unappreciated. It is just a place to hold youth until they go to jail or sent to another facility. No progress is made and its sad!  less
Terrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 12, 2019
Barely minimum wage, management doesn't care or support you, everyone wanted to leave a few months in, and would never look back. They expect way too much from you. Its okay if the management makes mistakes, but if you do? God forbid...better off working at Costco for $15 an hour.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
salary, management, support
A great work culture!
Resource Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAMarch 11, 2019
While social work is typically a low-paying career, Families United Network does a great job of providing plenty of PTO and holidays to make up for the lower salary. The administration genuinely cares for their employees and the workplace culture is one of the best I've ever experienced!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lower salary
Horrible place to work
Youth Advocate/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMarch 4, 2019
Run by an egomaniac. Residents run the the place. They feed the kids rotten food. They take kids they cannot take care of. Total chaos. Questionable behaviour from staff.
Fast-paced Environment Filled with Support and Opportunities for Growth
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 2, 2019
There is no doubt that working in the foster care field can be challenging, but this agency provides so much support and encouragement to make it all worth it. The work is fast-paced and can be emotional, but that is to be expected in this line of work. The supervisors are always on your side and are willing to stand up for you in difficult situations. Also, they treat mistakes as a chance to grow and learn from the experience. I appreciate that the agency provides many learning opportunities and opportunities for professional growth. The agency provides exceptional benefits. The supervisors work very hard to ensure that everyone feels like they are being heard and are part of the team. Overall, the agency provides a supportive environment, and an opportunity to impact the children within Dauphin County.
Pros
Flexibility, opportunities for growth, benefits
I enjoy my position.
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  PAFebruary 28, 2019
Great place to work. There have been a few individuals who have brought in negative attitudes, but the agency is transparent and tries to offer increased positive feedback. I enjoy the teams and relationships built.
Pros
Flexibilty
Friendly, Supportive Environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 27, 2019
This is a wonderful place to work. There's no question its a tough field to work in, but you couldn't ask for a better environment or people to work with. Everyone here is friendly and supportive, always willing to listen and help each other. This company GENUINELY cares about its people. The CEO and Board of Directors come in person to listen to staff issues and make every effort to resolve those issues. I've seen the results of that several times and it makes a difference to know that you matter to them. Management at the Harrisburg office is incredible - kind, considerate, open, and always willing to lend a hand. When Sunday night rolls around and you're not dreading going into the office - that's a great place to work. I love it here.
Pros
Friendly, Supportive, Kind, Open
Cons
Salary, but they're working on it
Friendly, Supportive Environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 27, 2019
There's no question there's a lot of work to be done here, but you won't find better people to work for or with. The company GENUINELY cares about its people and makes an effort to listen to their needs and make improvements. The staff here is wonderful. After working for years in corporate environments that were cutthroat and backstabbing, this is a breath of fresh air. The work we do here is challenging, but it feels good to be part of making a difference. We need more companies like Families United Network that care for their people. Management at the Harrisburg office is amazing - kind, friendly, supportive, and always willing to listen. Like most jobs, it may get chaotic at times, but you never have to deal with it alone here. Everyone is willing to jump in and provide support.
Pros
Friendly, Supportive, Open
Cons
Salary, but they are working on improving this
Run far away!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 19, 2019
I feel as though this agency is very unprofessional and lacks transparency. Higher-ups do not make workers feel appreciated and the morale is getting worse due to so many good workers quitting left and right. Case manager salary is not equivalent to the amount of work given. Higher-ups are not understanding of this because they don't have to do the work and have no problem asking you to do extra work. They also have no sense of the Harrisburg community but try to tell you how to feel about going in a bad area when they have never been there. The foster families in the Harrisburg office are more difficult to deal with and there is a lack of support from supervisors when trying to deal with them such as getting compliance items from them. Supervisors do not step up to help support or take over the more difficult cases due to the safety of the worker. When case managers are asked to give opinions on how they feel about their position, they are told that they are either "complaining" or "bashing." Case managers are tired of living check to check with this agency. I would not recommend anyone to work for this agency.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay, lack of support
Rewarding yet stressful, amazing kids
Group Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAJanuary 10, 2019
The kids are by far the greatest joy in working for Families United Network. Just seeing them work towards their goals and accomplish and improve within the level system they follow makes it worth it all. The environment can be stressful for sure however reminding yourself what you are there for helps out a lot. Which is to be a positive role model and build trusting relationships with residents. The hardest part of the job are the negative staff who bring down others and bring drama to work. That is like a poison and effects the whole team. Working with kids many of whom have been through extreme trauma, one must be patient ,kind , and empathetic. If you choose to work here remember that !!
Pros
Kids, the positive staff, wonderful CEO
Cons
Negative toxic staff, management could be more understanding
Bad management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  HarrisburgOctober 1, 2018
This experience started out as a great one but as months went by I realized I had to leave. Management talks down on you and is very unorganized. The amount of work placed on a worker was no where near what someone should get paid. Upper management is very poor. This company will keep bonuses from you if you leave and will take no responsibility for their actions. Training for new workers is nowhere to be found. Overall left a very bad taste in my mouth when I left.
Pros
Unlimited flex time and an hr lunch
Cons
Poor management, disrespectful supervisors and HR
Stressful job with terrible benefits
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 28, 2018
This job was extremely stressful and not much room for advancement. Management made excuses or covered for each other with a lot of bs. They will not entertain the idea of a raise no matter how much hard work you put in knowing its not enough to pay bills. When people threaten to quit management acts like they don't care because they just assume that someone new will come in and fill your spot. There is no point in voicing your concerns about your job to management because they just look at you like you're complaining. Loved working with great families and kids so that was a plus
Pros
Being to able to flex your schedule so you can leave whenever
Cons
Low salary and no support from management
Stressful job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  PaSeptember 27, 2018
I would not recommmend this as a place of employment. The job is stressful and the agency expects a lot from you and wants to pay you very little. You cannot afford the cost of living with their salary. The agency does not care that you can’t afford a roof over your head with the salary when addressed with higher up staff. A lot of things you do aren’t even in your job description. The place has high turn over due to disorganization, VERY low salary, and terrible health benefits. I would not encourage anyone to work for this company!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay rate, benefits, disorganized
rewarding work place for the teenagers
Residential Group Home Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAAugust 10, 2018
rewarding but very stressful job and work environment. I enjoyed helping the teenage girls but did not like how stressed I would be trying to manage everything. we were often short staffed
Pros
helping others
Cons
stress
A residential facility on 33 wooded acres.
Residential Secretary (Current Employee) –  Muncy, PAMay 6, 2018
I love working there. I like working with the staff as well as getting to know the residents. My office is located in amongst a wooded area with lots of wildlife to be seen from my windows. My office is the "hub" and it can get to be a very busy place at times but it is a very nice place to work.
Benefits
Productive and Collaborative Workplace
Foster Care Case Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAFebruary 23, 2018
FUN is an amazing organization with amazing people who care about the lives of others. I learned how to gain insight from others and grow as a professional and as a social worker
Great Place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 21, 2017
The people that work here have been wonderful friends and colleagues. The atmosphere is family-like. Everyone works together and is excited for families when something great happens!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Families United Network, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Families United Network, Inc. Reviews by Location