Family Behavioral Resources Employee Reviews

N/a
Behavioral Specialist Consultant (BSR) (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAApril 1, 2018
Behavioral Specialist with weekly notes submitted each and every week by Sunday.

Would have the parents sign off lesson plans and journals.

This was only a part-time position. Would do research on the various topics.

Attended functions that the subject/student would attned
Pros
independence
Cons
no time to meet and discuss cases
Tss
Tss, therapeutic support staff (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 21, 2018
I did not like inconsistency of the job. The hours were tough and you have to travel a lot, sometimes for an hour before you seen the client. The notes took a very long time to write and you did not get paid to do these, but they were required for the job.
Official response from Family Behavioral Resources
April 3, 2018

Travel is a necessity of the job so that we can meet our consumers in their homes or community. It is so rewarding for us to be able to make a difference in the lives of those we are trying to help, and we appreciate your time with us.

Great workplace for those who want to make a difference
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAFebruary 26, 2018
You can really make a difference in the lives of a child working here, and your day is never boring. It's just hard to travel all over the place.
You can really learn from your peers and supervisors.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Traveling
Always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2018
Since the company was bought out, there have been changes constantly. One meeting there are is a set of management, the next meeting two locations have been combined to save money. There was also changes in policy on how benefits are minimized and altered. The push for making hours to match the status. At times you have to make the choice of working with more than one program to meet your hours or with in 6 months get bumped from your status. The appreciation only goes a far as the last completed task. The coworkers are great, consumers are willing to assist in altering a schedule if needed. Most times it seems like you wait for the other shoe to drop with another change. Some support staff try had to keep letting you know you are cherished others are to busy with new policy because that is the luck of the Dragon.
Pros
co workers, clients, community activities
Cons
management, the bottom line and constant change of policy to save
Very stressful place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Very stressful place to work. Upper management didn't seem to have it together but middle and lower management were given ridiculous deadlines as a result of poor upper/middle management issues. This company is constantly amending & tweaking current policies as issues arise and/or coming up with new polices at an alarming rate. Very difficult to keep up with all the policy changes. FBR does not compensate appropriately as they want staff to be jack of all trades, but not have to pay them for their skills. They do not appreciate the employees as individuals. FBR is infamous for preaching work/life balance but do nothing at all to support that. They have unrealistic expectations for not only staff but their BHRS clients in regards to staffing as they are entirely too fixated on utilization and productivity.
Cons
health care options are insanely expensive
If you’re licensed don’t work here!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 2, 2018
Great coworkers but terrible management. They’ve turned therapy into a conveyor belt and you see patient after patient and pray for a no-show so you can document or even go to the bathroom-but careful with a no-show because if you’re not making your billable hours then they will make you see someone else’s patient (not very therapeutic for the patient to have to meet with someone unfamiliar just for the sake of hours!) Extremely high turnover rate due to the stress, burnout, and just overall poor management. If you’re licensed avoid FBR-a lot of questionable (and downright unethical) practices that could make you lose yours.
Pros
Coworkers, patients themselves
Cons
Terrible hours, management, basically everything about it
job was apart time and difficult to colorbate with other counselors.
Mobil Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ford City, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Really needed a full time position and could not make a living counseling children. No room for advancement and management micro managed staff which is no a management style that I needed. I am an adult that loves to work as a team but also needs to be trusted as a valued employee.
Pros
enjoyed working with children and families.
Cons
More time being micro managed then needed.
provides great services for consumers and their families
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2018
The hardest part of the job is if the consumer does not go to school or the family cancels then you do not get paid. Then the hours weekly are not consistent.

There are benefits and paid holidays, travel compensation, training compensation
Would not recommend.
BSC/MT (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 27, 2017
Wouldn't work here if you want to have a healthy work-life balance; the hours are completely family dependent and there seems to be little personal advancement within the company.
Tss
THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PADecember 5, 2017
Worked with children on the autism spectrum by providing support in schools as well as in their home. Daily tasks included but were not limited to improving social skills, help the child understand the consequences of certain actions, de-escalation techniques, and improve communication skills
Creating a new direction in Family Behavioral care.
I.T. Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2017
Slowly moving in the right direction. Great future ahead for the company. Very down to earth caring workers. Changes in management are improving the future of FBR.
Pros
Relaxed coworkers
Cons
Workers should not need to do multiple jobs other than their specified role.
It was usually productive. I enjoyed my clients
Behavioral Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PANovember 8, 2017
If FBR had one real fault it was that we were not trained adequately in how to do our job. There was a high turn over rate of managers. The jobs I had were really good. i enjoyed my clients and felt like what they had us doing helped the clients but sometimes it took a while to see the results.
Hours
Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 24, 2017
Your hours are based on the client. If they cancel, you do not get paid for that session. Management is good but they don't explain much to you until after you get in trouble. Wouldn't work there.
Stressful but rewarding
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 12, 2017
Working as a TSS is DEFINITELY not for everyone. You have to be able to think on your feet and really love what you do. Every child is different and this job requires the ability to adapt to these differences in order to provide the best services for your consumers. Learning on the job is also a must, as there is not much training provided.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little training, no benefits for part time
Loved working with kids
Mobile Therapist/BSC (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PAOctober 11, 2017
FBR was a good company to work for but at times I found it hard to talk to the management. I was there when they were transitioning to new management and to many changes were happening at one time.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PASeptember 28, 2017
Due to restructuring, the company is diminishing and is more focused on patient quantity instead of patient quality. The management team is not supportive, and acts as though they are puppets and dispersing job duties while they don't accomplish much productivity in the background.
relaxed enviroment
THERAPUETIC SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PASeptember 11, 2017
I was able to pretty much work with no supervision, management was good. The hardest part of the job was all the driving required most enjoyable was working with different children.
Pros
not being micro managed
Cons
lack of hours, driving, salary
Clinical excellence
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 30, 2017
Have been given the opportunity to get licensure supervision and obtain my license. I have also been able to get certification and trainings to advance my clinical skills.
There has been changes at FBR but clinical care and skill development continues to stay a strong focus.

FBR is full of very compassionate and caring staff that go above and beyond to ensure consumers needs are met.

Many areas have a strong team focus to support one another at any time. I can call any office and they are always willing to help! 👍
FBR is not a company you want to work for
BSC (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
I worked at FBR for 2 years and it was 2 of the most stressful years of my life.

FBR is bad, one of the worst companies serving children and families in this region.
They just don't have a clue.
One of the biggest issues is that they just got bought out by a mega huge conglomerate that owns many companies like FBR, and though FBR has been a for profit, this new parent company is FOR PROFIT x 10! They don't care about anything but making the employees work more for less, so the stockholders can be happy... etc, etc.

I could go on, but I don't want to spend all day on this, so I'll just give a peek at some things you need to know.

This is from an ad they have for the job I had as a BSC:
..... Employee Benefits include competitive wages:

* paid travel
- at a reduced rate, not even worth it to go through the process of reporting it, its peanuts.

* paid training and supervision
- The training is the worst I have had at any job, bare minimum, you will feel like you have no idea what you are doing. --- Supervision? Once a month for an hour total. Does that sound like FBR really cares about you? Not

* healthcare coverage
- minimal , if you are able to bill enough hours to be in that bracket to be eligible. --- Trust me, you ever want to take that offer.

* vacation and sick time
- hardly. Very little, again, if you are foolish enough to commit to that level of cases/hours. ---- No way, don't ever do it.

* and personal growth opportunities
- JOKE JOKE and JOKE.
The only way you can grow is by never working for FBR.
They do not care a bit about
  more... your growth.
Wendy's has more growth opportunities.
Pros
You can pay your rent?
Cons
Too many to list. Read my review, I don't have the time to get into it.
Those looking for employment: don't settle for "variable."
TSS (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2017
If you're variable, you are guaranteed NOTHING. This includes yearly raises and health insurance. I was hired as variable and told when a full-time position opens, I would be notified.

However, if you're hired as variable or part-time, don't expect to be informed when a full-time position opens up unless the company is in desperate need of staff. May I add, they're in desperate need at this moment.

If you are assigned 30 hours/week, you might not even get the entire 30. You are at the consumer's mercy. If the consumer is unavailable for a scheduled session and are not there (school, home), you don't get compensated for driving to the school/home. If they are unable/unwilling to make up missed hours, then you just have to deal with it.

Oh... there are kids who need staff more than others, yet don't get it. For example, if there's a child that elopes constantly and engages in self-injurious behaviors, you would think they'd be staffed first. NO. It's all about who signed up "first," not about who needs it most.

I will be looking for employment elsewhere. So another position will be opening soon.
Pros
Great line of work
Cons
You won't be moving up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Behavioral Resources. Our community is ready to answer.