Family Centers Employee Reviews

Very hostile environment
Medical Biller (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CT 06830June 8, 2018
Poor management in the finance department. Routine follow up with unpaid claims are not of much concern since grants come from the state and private identities which compensates any loss of recuperate money from the insurances.
McKessport Office Review
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAApril 15, 2018
I loved the work of helping people and connecting them with much needed resources. It was disappointing when I was told that I would be losing my position because I did not have my driver's license. I had to move to a new town for work.
Helping hand
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 1, 2018
I only volunteered at this job for a month but it was well worth it. You get to help young children on a day to day basis. You assist teachers with the students and get to experience being in a teaching environment.
Great Supervisor
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 3, 2017
Family Center incorporates what the name title is, a Family, all staff help each other out with their class room and the kids they take care off, the parents are great and always feel welcome and safe for leaving their kids in the care of Family Center.
family oriented agency
Therapeutic Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 21, 2017
Family oriented agency, flexible hours, great learning experience for new graduates.
Good agency to start your career, but there's no opportunity for growth, Poor benefits, and very low pay. No annual raises.
Cons
Pay, benefits
Very productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Everyone from the time you walk in until the time you walk out. They are amazing.they help those that don't have anything.
Great
Contract Clinician (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTNovember 15, 2016
I enjoy working at the Family Centers. We have a wide variety of programs for individual counseling, families and group work. FC is in schools and other agencies and is a huge asset to everyone in Fairfield County, CT.
Cannot keep their employees
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 27, 2016
The management changed every couple months; the company couldn't keep a consistency with employees. Management treated everyone differently, their are not equal opportunities.
Learning Experience
Resident Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 26, 2016
Working here at Family Centers has been a wonderful experience. I enjoy my position but have a hard time getting those in upper management to understand "WE" are not robots and to better understand what our positions truly are about.
Pros
Early summer hours
Good place to work at!
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 13, 2016
Family Centers is a family oriented workplace. Excellent place to work at. I would recommend applying to work there whenever there are open positions.
Cons
Healthcare
Poorly run agency; Headstart program employs poorly trained teachers
Mental Health Consultant, Early Childhood Centers (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTOctober 13, 2015
I consulted with staff and parents for 4 hours per week, dealt with behavioral/emotional programs. Head start and administrative restrictions made it it difficult to deliver optimum service and support.
I stablished a great relationship with directors and employees from different departments
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 13, 2015
Great organization, always concerned with providing employees with opportunities for professional growth and development.

Also, FC provides a welcoming environment for the families of the employees through different activities such as, a summer picnic, a holiday party at the end of the year and diverse sports activities.

The president and the directors support and encourage an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding amongst employees.

I was very fortunate to be part of this organization for almost nine years.
Pros
Health benefits and job security.
Wonderful Team Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 8, 2015
Great can-do, team atmosphere. Employees are friendly and willing to go above and beyond for clients. Excellent work-life balance and flexibility. Discounts on child care for employees who qualify.
Your kids are safe here
Assistant Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTNovember 16, 2014
My day consisted of laughter, love and learning. I learned a lot about the development of children while working here. The staff and management work closely together and there is a real team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was seeing the kids move on to the next teacher and class, the best part was the satisfaction of making a difference in a child's life.
Excellent learning experience and great place to intern.
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 13, 2013
I worked with the Communications Director at Family Centers, a non-profit organization, located in Greenwich, CT. I assisted with publishing the annual report which involved interviewing clients and writing their captivating success stories. This was a wonderful learning experience because I had so much hands on experience and was able to learn directly from the Communications Director.
Great place to work.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwich CTDecember 7, 2012
Great clinical environment. good supervision and staff support!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Centers. Our community is ready to answer.