Family Continuity Employee Reviews

Staff is very nice a great group of people
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 14, 2018
The staff is severely underpaid. Management is not supportive. There is no holiday pay EVER you must use your own PET time towards family holidays..
Pros
Great location
Cons
Underpaid
Demotivating, poor management, lack of help,
in-home therapist (Former Employee) –  Peabody MassJuly 22, 2018
A total lack of managerial experience on the part of mid-level management. Not responding to questions, walking away when you are asking a question, sarcasm lack of concern. Tremendous amount of paperwork with no one to ask for help when the confusion is bound to set in. This company, in my opinion, is the worst experience for an entry-level individual to choose to do their internship. It had me questioning my degree concentration.
Pros
Cons
Management, paperwork, lack of support. Totally badly run company
Horrible
Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 3, 2018
It was a horrible experience. You don't feel supported. Your boss and the other higher ups do not care about you. The work itself was fine; the clients, the sessions. The paperwork was overwhelming. If you want a job where they care about you as a person, do not work here.
Pros
clients, the actual work
Cons
management
Great site for a long term worker in the mental health field.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 1, 2018
The office cutlure that was created and encouraged made working at this site optimal. When I felt overwhelmed and heading towards burn out I could turn to any counselor or clinician for support. The managment was excellent, attentive, and reflective. I grew as a counslor and it maintained my passion to purpose my graduate degree. When it comes to the behavioral health field, it is the office culture that grounds the worker at the end of the day. I truly enjoyed coming into work. I felt prepared for the challenges of my cases, and felt that the training and ability to advance was well established.
Pros
office culture, supervision, great support for cases
Cons
technology issues
great workplace, poor compensation
Home-Based Counselor (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MADecember 11, 2017
wonderful supervisors, great coworkers, challenging but good work. good place to intern, but when compensation comes into play, the salary is not enough to live on.
Interesting
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAOctober 8, 2017
I love working here but the management doesn't want to here what you have to say and at first you feel safe talking to them, then like co-workers they will be rude to you.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Does not pay enough, meetings are a joke and waist if time.
Great place of employment
Master level clinician (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 30, 2017
I loved my time at family continuity. I was offered many chances to gain experience through different roles. Great support when needed. Decent caseload.
High burnout
In-Home Therapist (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAJune 12, 2017
In general working as traveling therapist is difficult. You don't get days off, not even holidays. You schedule based off of what you want to make but completely rely on people who often aren't mentally stable enough to keep an appointment.
Lack of support, low pay, disorganized, lack of structure
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 6, 2017
Communication issues. Program in deficit. Area site director condescending. Direct supervision not helpful. Upper management not connected with workers.
Cons
Travel, pay, limited training
A great environment, great coworkers, and great clients
BA mental health counselor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 5, 2017
I would 100% encourage applying to Family Continuity in Hyannis. The environment is friendly, welcoming, and compassionate. The supervisors are extremely competent and knowledgeable, but they're also not at all afraid of talking to others if they don't know something. It's very collaborative. The pay isn't great, but it's human services, so... it's typical, but not exceptional.

The overall company is fine. They could do more to promote from within and could use more authenticity when talking to the front line staff.
Pros
work culture, coworkers
Cons
pay is average at best
Good if you ned a job out of college
In Home Therapy Counselor (Former Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAJanuary 22, 2017
This is a good place to work if you need a job out of college and are looking for some experience in the Psych field. You are overworked when it comes to a caseload and then expected to do TONS or work and get paid very little with no benefits at all.
Great work environment
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I have been working with the agency for over 5 years now. It is a very nuturing environment for those that need the help. If you like to work more independently it also offers that. Great team collaboration and great transparency from upper management about the future of the agency. They work with you on how much you would like to get paid and what caseload you need to carry to accomplish that. Great agency overall!
Pros
Different pay models, management, coworkers
Cons
Health insurance
Friendly Workplace
Staff Counselor II-Bachelor's Degree Level (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 7, 2016
A lot of optimistic staff members. Very rewarding opportunity to work with clients in need of the services provided. Very independent atmosphere, along with great collabration with other team members.
Supportive Environment with Room to Grow
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 6, 2016
A very supportive and nurturing environment that values transparency and collaboration. The organization is growing and there are lots of areas to advance both professionally and personally. The programming is diverse, with staff that are passionate, hard working, and supportive. I have enjoyed being part of the team.
Pros
Collaborative, flexible schedule, diverse programming
Used to Be Good
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 18, 2015
New administration has caused people to leave and provided unstable atmosphere. Benefits are not good. The work itself is rewarding, but you can find it with a better agency that doesn't push employees with 20+ tenures out the door.
Pros
Clinic, team meetings, supervision, coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
Pay is extremely low, work is hard, morale is low, new administration is responsible for changing a once positive atmosphere
Official response from Family Continuity
February 22, 2016

Family Continuity has experienced a change in leadership over the past year and a half, including members of the senior team. As a result we have experienced changes and have seized the opportunities that these changes provided us. We now have an experienced, solid and robust leadership team that is working well together to strengthen and move the organization forward to meet its mission and fully realize its’ potential. We solicit and value transparency and honest input from our staff at all levels.

We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect and that no one in this organization is more important than another. We are working to promote and support family success by supporting and training a stellar workforce.

team based program
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MANovember 27, 2015
Very team based program. Worked very hard with clients and families to provide safe living spaces when clients returned home from hospitals. Were very active with out reach word and MCI
Great Location to complete internship
MACRO LEVEL INTERN (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 4, 2015
The management at Family Continuity was great. They were always so excited to have more interns working with their team. They would never make interns feel as though they were not valuable members of the Family Continuity Family.
Pros
Great COO
I learned a lot during my time here.
Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 15, 2015
I worked at Family Continuity for over six years in a variety of different roles. While the pay is not good at all and the benefits are wonderful, it is an excellent opportunity to learn all kinds of different services into do a variety of different kinds of work. If you have never worked in the mental health field before, this is a great agency to work for and a good place to start. there is a lot of support from coworkers and from administrators. I would have stayed here years longer if there were more growth opportunities in the compensation was better but the schedule flexibility is fantastic and the coworkers are fantastic. I have never learned more then working at this job. It's a really good opportunity to get to know the field
Pros
Flexible scheduling, opportunity to gain experience in the mental health field, supportive coworkers
Cons
Terrible compensation, mediocre benefits, lots of driving
Management as dysfunctional as clients
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 27, 2014
Revolving door of management which caused great uncertainty in staff, as well as high turnover
Little training - definitely a learn as you go job
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
paperwork, management, no leadership or training
Official response from Family Continuity
February 22, 2016

Just started
Master-Level Intern Clinician (Current Employee) –  Whitinsville, MAJune 22, 2013
Leaders seem to be very friendly, I just started here for a couple weeks. So far I have been enjoying the working environment.