Family Dermatology Employee Reviews

Not recommended for employment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 28, 2017
Family Dermatology was my first medical assistant position. The providers that I worked with were very good and taught me a lot. The company however, was poorly managed, did not pay well, offered no benefits, and I basically had to put a two week notice in to get a raise after working there 3 years.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
poor management, no appreciation of good staff, low pay
Call Center Agent (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GADecember 13, 2017
I learnt by medical billing and cos\ding experience there, appointments are scheduled by the same department, billing inquires are resolved in a timely manner as well
modern clean facility, caring physician
LPN (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJJuly 26, 2017
Family Dermatology provides compassionate care for dermatological conditions. The physician is young and up to date on all procedures. Management was fair
Pros
physician who was up to date on procedures & disorders
Cons
fair management
Great Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Osprey, FLMay 15, 2017
I recommend this position for those who like face pace and a great learning environment! The physician that owns the company is extremely intelligent and personable!
not a good place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2016
when i first started working at family dermatology it was a nice place to work, over the past few years it changed the management was about money and not patient care
okay
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2016
There was not a lot of communication with the upper management.
Communication is key to keep a good business. Trying to find a place to work where everyone communicates and works together as a team. I am a big teamer player.
I enjoyed helping our soldiers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Great atmosphere

Helping process paperwork for our troops was rewarding

Advancement opportunities were there for anyone with initiative
Great!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2015
I enjoy my co-workers and the experience of working here. The location was professional and very convenient. My doctor Is wonderful.
Dedicated to patient care
Medical Assistant/Receptionist/Billing (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 5, 2015
During the day I assist with patients. I work front desk where I am very active with patients, insurance and billing. I also assist in the back end as an MA. I enjoy being able to help patients and answer questions they may have. I also enjoy working as a team with my co-workers.
Pros
Team work, being dedicated to patient care, family like staff.
Cons
No chance for advancement.
Happy place
Mohs Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 29, 2015
This place is great because there are great physicians here helping patients. You can work part time here or full time and they are open to what meets your needs.
great experience
Mediacl Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 3, 2015
They do pay the employees, no management , There is not enough supervision at this job, The CEO does not care about his employees, I feel if there was a HR department and that cared about the people the work there the practice would be a better place to work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No benifits
Family Dermatology
Medical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 19, 2015
It wasn't the ideal job due to new management decisions that were made to lay off staff at multiple locations. This affected a lot of people and their lives.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Lack of management skills
dont do it
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
This place is not a place if you want to retire .they don't care.they will work you into the ground with no benefits but you will learn leadership skill and work ethic cause I'd you can work in there conditions you will learn to appreciate your new job.if it something that the company don't have to give you u ant gone get it.
Worst possible company to work for.
Practice Mananger (Former Employee) –  New EnglandDecember 2, 2014
They DO NOT value their employees what-so-ever. Poor pay, little to no benefits. They require that newly acquired dermatology practices abandon their prior dermatopathologists, practice software and just about everything else, and convert to sending everything to them and using all of their "systems". Their Call Center is dismal with poorly compensated staff that have no abilty to triage dermatologic emergencies.

If you are considering selling your practice to them, or going to work for a practice they have taken over - BEWARE. They bought our practice, got rid of the manager that was there for 18 years, and in less than 3 years, they took a thriving medical practice and killed it, it is no longer in existence to this day.
Pros
The ability to sell a practice that might otherwise close if you are retiring.
Cons
Too many to list.
Excellent Physician to work for, Positive work environment
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 27, 2014
Excellent Physician to work for, Positive work environment
Pros
Amazing boss, Endless learning opportunities, Small office=cross-trained in all positions
Cons
No dental or vision coverage
Cheap people to work for
Billing Manager/ Medical Administration (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAAugust 14, 2014
1 ) Busy day all the babies wee see and wonderful patients

2) I always asked to go to training sessions most major insurance companies offer them, I was told I could go but I had to pay for it myself it was always an excuse that it was all for money that's what I was told by the doctor.

3)The office manager hires she doesn't know what she's doing only in the office for 2 hours two day a week , the doctor hides under her skirt he pathetic and he has a PHD , they will hire you for a position them a staff member leaves, Both will hire someone without experience and give them your title that you went to school for and still paying for loans without given notice so professional , The office manager Wife and doctor they will treat you very badly ( I been called an Idiot by the doctor then he denied it I WISH I RECORDED HIM he wouldn't be smiling those white teeth he has ).

4) YOU WILL BE FINE WITH THE CO-WORKERS just don't say anything and if you're 60+ don't apply because the doctor don't like you if you're on medicare,or DTA

5) The hardest part of my job was apologizing to a patient because the Doctor had emergency patients sit in the waiting room for 2-4 hours until the doctor was done with schedule patients( the schedule patients usually wait 45 minutes to an hour in good days but the doctor had blocked time for this situation he rather use it for siting in he's office checking he's e-mail or phone, or planning vacations it happened all the time, and also the doctor made us take patients out of rooms it was crazy, and to top it off telling people that call
  more... that the doctor will not accept medicare or Medicaid(THEY DON'T PAY ENOUGH )

6) The babies , and some drug reps are amazing
Pros
we had free lunch every tuesday thanks to the Drug reps
Cons
the doctor was always running late sometimes we couldn't have lunch or maybe 20 minutes so illegal
It was a nice place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  9501 Roosevelt Blvd. Suite 508 Phila., Pa 19114July 2, 2014
The problem was the actual owners of Family Dermatology. The rent wasn't getting paid, the Doctors were not getting paid and after awhile they had to close.
Pros
Nice Doctors, Nice patients, everyone got along well and did they're job.
Cons
10 hour days with no lunch break because there was no one to cover.
Dermatopathology lab with 12 employees.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2014
Each employee had his/her own jobs to do. Parties and cake for holidays and birthdays. Environment was relaxed and management style was relaxed, but strict when necessary.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No breaks except lunches.
good relationship with co-worker
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 16, 2014
we were working a good team with co-workers. I was enjoying to work with them.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
no benefit
enjoyed working with my co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co workers that taught me a lot about dermatology.