Read 40 answers
It is Up to Managment to work the schedule, However I think managers differ. As Manager I try to work with the employees to the best of my ability
I am a manager in Ardmore, Ok.
I do not believe that it is Family Dollar policy not to work around your schedule.
I’m just being honest here it’s not up to Family Dollar it’s up to your manager.
Yes, I do and will always work with one of my team members if they need a day off.
I do it every week. I have never told anyone “NO” because they all work hard and deserve what they need I. Their life.
I beg to differ with everyone who say’s “No”
It’s not Family Dollar it’s your manager!
Is the environment of this business what's a job consist of different hours like night shift to read stock things like inventory things like that can work early in the morning
No they do not work around your schedule. I had to reschedule so many important things in life including visiting my daughter because they truly don't care about anything in your life except you bring at their store
They may work with your second job but they want open availability during hours they are open for management. They arent very flexible and for the pay with the stress, it isnt worth it. Unless you like running around all day without being allowed to eat and urinate.
No they are not flexible. They want an open schedule. If you're second job is when they're closed, you're good. Sometimes they will work with cashier's BUT managers must have open availability.
No they do not work fairly with the availability of other employees. I've seen first hand how the store manager takes hours off the schedule for those who don't have open availability at times they would go weeks on end with out being on the schedule
No they don't if you have another job they don't want you cause you have to be available to work when they want you to work. The pay isn't worth the headache you start at 8.25 per hour and maybe will get 18 hours per week
Really depends on who the manager is. I know one who works around second job schedules and school schedules, and then I know of another that will give you all kinds of attitude. The second will tell you you may not have another job while only getting 10-15 hours and that you must have open availability to come in anytime they call. Yeah, can use the hours but kinda messed up if you made plans.
Yes they do..... This is the real world and most people have to have two jobs to survive. A manager with good people skills and understanding will make this a definite possibility.
- Why did you leave your job at Family Dollar?79 people answered
- What is the best part of working at Family Dollar?43 people answered
- How old do you have to be?43 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Family Dollar a better place to work?35 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Family Dollar?26 people answered
- How often do employees get paid at family dollar?26 people answered
- Does this store do background check s26 people answered
- What is a typical day like for you at Family Dollar?23 people answered
- How flexible are your working hours at Family Dollar?20 people answered
- Do they hire felons?19 people answered