Family Dollar Employee Reviews

11.4K
Found 11,999 reviews matching the search See all 12,014 reviews
Overworked
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Top TennesseeAugust 14, 2018
Family Dollar isn't a good place to work they will hire someone that is on pills and can't keep their eyes open but they let the ones that worked go they need a new manager she just talks bad about everyone then smiles in there face
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad manager, overworked
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARAugust 14, 2018
Good environment to work in. Friendly staff and manager as well, with flexible scheduling and hours. Good place to work if your thinking about getting into retail.
Never a boring moment
Lead Cashier/CSR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2018
I enjoyed the customer service aspect of working for Family Dollar, However there was a lot of theft that we as employees could not control. There was not enough schedule workers to properly stock the store. Which made it hard on my boss.
Pros
time goes by fast
Cons
no break
family dollar
Assistant manager- full time job (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work can be stressful at times. Weekend and some holidays are required .Pay was minimum wage. Room for advancement. Maintaining the store is probly the biggest responsibility.. reasonable hours. You unload truck stalking the shelves organizing the end caps keeping up with Mark downs and keeping the shelves fronted.
Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy working there....I have been there almost 9 years, I seen a lot. I had a training manger for my manger for over 6 years she taught me a lot.
The hardest I believe for me is truck. Its is piece my piece if you have the right crew you be fine.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
Dont have any
hard long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2018
workload heavy back breaking work with no help no bonus ever rewarded no raise ever given. great culture of people leadership questionable always new management
fast sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
I liked working for family dollar. I interacted very well with the consumers as well as other employees, management was very helpful and concerned about our work experience.
Na
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  4275 sw blvd tulsa okAugust 14, 2018
Not a good company since dollar tree bought them ouy,managers and district mgrs are rude anf you can't get through to coropate office and no one returns phone calls
Pros
No pros
Cons
Not a good company, managers ans district managers are rude and hateful
Not the best place to work
Clerk/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 14, 2018
In my experience at Family Dollar people were basically used until they were no good anymore. They didn't have any regard for your life outside of the company. They also paid no more than minimum wage and had very little room for advancement. It isn't a place I would recommend anyone to work for any extended period of time.
Enjoyed working there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 14, 2018
Upper management does not care about employees. Not enough payroll to run the stores. Salaries managers are expected to make up for lack of payroll. Cashiers and assistants do not make enough money for the amount of work they are expected to do. When you go to upper management about problems within the store they don’t listen or really care what’s going on.
Pros
Nice working with a small group of employees
Cons
Not enough payroll
family dollar review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 13, 2018
it was a good job to help me through school i just needed better pay i didnt work there to long to build a 401k or anything but i just needed to move forward
Helpful co workers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 13, 2018
A typical work day at Familly dollar consisted of me stocking the store, running the cash register and picking things up throughout the day. The culture for the work place was good but the hardest part of the job was the manager wouldnt give me more hours.
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Benavides, TXAugust 13, 2018
Excellent manager in that she is excellent on working with your hours. There are no benefits but the atmosphere is pleasant. Employees are great to work with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Its a very fun place to work at.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waelder, TXAugust 13, 2018
Its a very intrested place to work at, you can also meet new people. its fun to help people an making sure the custmers are satified . i enjoyed working their very much.
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 13, 2018
a typical work day was very busy , i didn't learn anything. Management was very poor the store was unorganized. there was no hard part about this job.
lackluster performance
Associate Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
My last few years at Family Dollar was right after the Dollar Tree purchase. There was no clear direction or goal from management. They were focused on getting new people into the positions and not promoting from within.
Fun, Relaxed
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Tse Bonito, NMAugust 12, 2018
Good place to work. Accommodating to Disability.
Convenient Location. Friendly co-workers. Steady flow of Customers.
Company needs to be more easily available to the employees. Hours need to be more consistent.
Very hard to run a store with the hours the provide to us .
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 12, 2018
It's very hard to keep a store running smoothly w/o the proper hrs for the store. They say it's getting better but it's getting worse. If family Dollar would have More hrs for there team members store will be better with family Dollar you have to work a total of 52 hrs a week.
Worst job i ever had
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CharlotteAugust 12, 2018
This place is terrible from A- Z . The Management sucks. The hours and pay sucks.
This company will eventually go out. Nobody this dumb can stay open too many years.
Pros
Cons
Everything .Required to work off clock too.
Poor management
Family Dollar Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2018
No lunch breaks
No 10 minute breaks
Management is poor
Short hours
No benefits unless you're management
Can't transfer to stores unless management approves it
Poor customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Dollar. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Family Dollar.

Powered by Comparably