Family Dollar Employee Reviews

Found 14,476 reviews matching the search See all 14,508 reviews
Enjoyed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 18, 2019
Great management depending on location! I enjoyed the district manager at that time also. Always something to do whether it was stocking , running the register, cleaning, paperwork,etc
You only get out what you put in
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2019
Without a good team, from cashier to ASM and Store manager, you'll experience long stressful days on top of fearing for your life after attempting to prevent consistently violent shoplifters from walking out the door with you potential bonus or raise. Upper management expect you to do way more and continue to force you to work with way less. That's not too pressuring but it demoralizes and discourages lower tier employees, especially because they dont get any benefits.
Pros
For me personally, Scheduling
Cons
Compensation, no overtime but work long hours and long weeks, vulnerability to crime(no security guards), underataffed shifts
They treated me well at work and I hope our customers and welcome people in and restocking do everything such as that and yeah treated well enjoy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Somerton, AZJune 18, 2019
It wasn't that bad of a job I enjoyed myself all I had to do was keep track of the cash get up everyday keep track of the food make sure it's all put away and how about the customers I needed help and treat people and you know all that
Lazy Management and everybody was stealing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MagnoliaJune 18, 2019
The location I worked at, everybody was stealing, corporate was blind. The manager never did much, was always outside smoking. The employees did most of the work in the store. It took him more than a day to even finish a schedule.
Pros
Small trucks
Cons
No breaks. Work alone. Over worked. Bad pay.
Flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 18, 2019
My manager is willing to work with my schedule needs, she might not get to work on time every day but she gets the job done when she does come. As a cashier I never get off on time due to second shift coming in a little late. The rest of the team get off on time but if your a cashier your pretty much stuck until you are relieved.
Very good
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baxterville, MSJune 18, 2019
Very fun and productive work environment. Gives you an opportunity to learn and grow. Overall its my favorite work environment. Learned a lot from them.
Benefits
Not the best
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2019
i worked with the company during high school but i only had half days at school and once i was finished with high school i stayed to work for college. It wasn't very flexible in schedule and the management was terrible.
it was okay
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2019
a typical day at work there was normally fast paced you only got 10 minute breaks if that. you dont learn much cause they dont really teach you anything they expect you to learn as you go but its still a company to get lead way in retail business
Not what you want
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elsmere, KYJune 18, 2019
I started here in 2018 and the first few months as a cashier was fun but then I was forced into management. Upper management basically told me that I was the only one for the job. But I felt so intimidated that I felt like I had no choice. The SM I worked for is someone you definitely want to watch out for. If you’re a Guy trying to work here just know that you will be unloading a truck every week regardless of how you’re feeling (Sick or injured) I’ve unloaded trucks by myself with damage to my shoulder but SM chose to ignore. This sounds like Me retaliating but believe it’s not. It’s Just me keeping things real with you. No one should be treated like this. And remember if you don’t come in on your day off watch for the retaliation from upper management.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor Management, minimum wage, sporadic schedule
Pretty good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barneveld nyJune 18, 2019
The only bad thing was management never helped when needed them to whenever the district manager came in anything that was wrong because of them was automatically the cashiers fault
Not fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2019
You are hired to work part time but you work full time hours and don’t get paid for overtime. You work off the clock and still don’t get paid. You don’t get a lunch break after working full time hours
Very stresful workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23234June 18, 2019
The store managers and company all together are inconsiderate and has no compassion for their employees. The feel that the business is more important than your health.
My work experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  1305 tuscaloosa aveJune 18, 2019
My review for the company is that i wish they could do better about the employees we get robbed to much i feel like they dont care about us enough to give us security the work experience is good i just feel nobody should have to worry about getting guns drawn on them while they trying to make a honest living
Poor work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington msJune 18, 2019
Poor manager skills no team work no sense of manager skills at all play to much always trying to get friends in the door leaving people's out that really want to work
Job isnt for everyone
Shipping Loader (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJune 18, 2019
Expect you to break your back for a job that isnt worth it. They work their best workers too hard on a daily basis rather than distributing the loads to other people who work their as well.
Good place to work if you just need a temporary job. Or as a summer job.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2019
Overall, it just depends on store managers. Most of the tome though, family dollar management can never run their store gracefully which makes all the staff do about 40% of managers job.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Short or no breaks. No raises.
Not a great place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  2369 lawrenceville hwy, lawrenceville ,ga 30044June 18, 2019
I work around a lot of bad vibes. They rather punish you than show your the right way. On the bright side it could lead to a lot of good oppritunities for the future.
assistant manger
ASSISTANT MANGER (Former Employee) –  Fabens, TXJune 17, 2019
work most the day non stop, away thing to do. at the of the day check and make sure registers would balance . and make store was organize. and loading truck was completed at all times
A hot mess from DM
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 17, 2019
Very bad management when it comes to DM. Had a male DM that wont lift a finger. Put me in a store that had rat and bug infestation and wanted me to get the store together on my own without a team. He was s compulsive liar and did nothing til I requested for the Health Agricultural Dept to get involved.
Pros
Pay
Cons
DMs unprofessional, and just dont care
Its great as a part time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 17, 2019
Worked here to make some supplemental income while attending school. Company is great they have a lot of proles and room for growing within the company. Biweekly pay is ok but if you work minimal hours can be a strain since its minimum wage. Employees are great there are rules that everyone must abide by that make the workplace run more efficiently. Very physically demanding if working trucks or stocking heavy items.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
Minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Dollar. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss