Family Dollar
61Average

Family Dollar Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA14 reviews
Responsible for overseeing the entire store operations, Balance cash drawer and petty cash management, established deposits, Maintained appropriate cash limits, Perform cash management, customer service, Keep a record of excess or less cash at the end of shift, Manage total store level operations, including staff hiring, training, evaluation and work schedules, Handle budget planning and tracking, accounting and payroll, Coordinate inventory control, receiving; merchandising (plan-o-grams) and store maintenance, Worked with store managers to ensure merchandise changes aligned with sales patterns, Worked directly with vendors to confirm and verify shipments, Managed all aspects of merchandising, window displays, and stocking, Ensured excellence in customer service and resolved all problems at the store level.
I have been working for Family Dollar and its been my highest paying job. All the customers have been very friendly, and the store manager is very efficient in doing her job.
I was the store manager for a few years, I absolutely loved my j ok b. I wish I could of received a little more payroll for more employees. It also helped that the staff I had made my job much easier!
You know how you define "SLAVE", you're that person. Everything they put them on your shoulder. They'll take the life out of you. NO MERCY...Take a moment before making your moves.
Pros
Not enough hours in your payroll that a manager has to work extra.
Cons
health insurance
managers are overworked, associates are under paid. hours are long, rewards are non-existent. not a very good environment, and growth is hard. you are expected to put the company before your family
Pros
Cons
managers work +60 hours a week, no overtime
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Expect a fast paced work environment and nice people,okay pay,wonderful customers,good location,steady work,a great place to gain experience, a over all good experience
The hardest part of the job would be maintaining the store. There was a lot of foot traffic and inventory that didn’t allow for every part of the store to always be maintained.
Cons
My day started off by making sure all the money from the previous day was all accounted for and managing employees. coworkers we fantastic. there were really no hard parts to this job. most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers
I didn't enjoy working there even though i got promoted. The job there wasn't that great. I loved the customer service aspect because it was i enjoy meeting new people.Stocking kills time so its always good to do that. The job was repetitive so i easil mastered everyting there s to know about family dollar
Pros
Cons
no discounts. minimum wage and after promotions, still no enough money to be made
Not a bad place to work, wish we could have more payroll! I have a great staff and enjoy working for Family Dollar.
Cons
Payroll
Especially for teenagers who are basically starting to earn income.
My typical day at work,
Is very stressful.Manager is very disrespectful towards employees. My co-workers are very respectful at times, very helpful.The hardest part of the job is when the store manager is present making the job harder by being disrespectful, calling names etc.
Pros
Get to shop
Cons
No lunch breaks, Name calling, Profanity towards employees, Harassment.
A work day for Family Dollar is a experince that I could carrie to any other job.
I have learned to deal with different type of customers from mean to the most nices people.

I am a new store manager as before I was a Asst Manager. The experince as a store manager is much more than I thought. Learn something new everyday.

The coworkers that I have are very hard workers.

The hardest part of my job is the work load is very stressful.
Pros
The pay and DM help
Cons
The long hours on my feet
Not enough hours to support ones self. The job required eveniung shifts only til close. Customers were rude and very obxious.
Cons
only closing shifts available