Family Endeavors Employee Reviews

Temporary seasonal
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2018
Poor management starts with HR they don't help you when you need help. Always talking about outside fun instead of work. They tell you report something if you see something wrong you do that and they still don't do anything at all. I was in To Paso and saw a lot of stuff going around with was very unprofessional. Not a safe place for me to do. And I'll never work there again. The undocumented minors would ask for stuff they needed they always got ignore. Minors were always hungry and rush weren't treated with respect.
Pros
Fee meals hotel and transportation
Cons
No breaks at all
Poor Executive Management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
Typical day is having a to-do list that takes a week to complete yet it's expected to be accomplished in a day. The COO is a micromanager and ineffienct when giving instructions. Directs under the executive leadership team have a high turnover rate and the culture suffers from it. One of hardest parts of the job is that you're not set-up for success.
Cons
More organizations, such as Endeavors, are needed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 18, 2018
I'm glad Endeavors exists. It's a very much needed organization! Everyone needs to be in good shape for this job. Physically, it's alot of standing and walking. Mentally and emotionally, it could be draining and exhausting.
Bottom line. Everyone, regardless of what level you are, she is, or he is, there is one goal in mind. "WE" are there for the same goal, to serve, help, and assure the safety of all involved! It's extremely easy to lose that focus and to turn against one another. So, please don't. ALWAYS keep that goal in mind!
Pros
Everything is provided for you
Cons
It's temporary.
Very fast paced and productive.
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
Check emails and respond to all caseworkers, check and print referrals, map out the work day, gather all applications or paper needed to complete the assignments. Contact the the case workers to make sure what the outcome of the referral was to be expected also contact the client and schedule a time and date to meet.

I learned that our Elderly and disabled need special attention and patience. I wish there were more agencies other than The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

The hardest part of this job was leaving.

The most I enjoyed in working for this agency was assisting or Elderly and Disabled and making a difference in their lives. Their Smile and blessing I received at the end of a long day is priceless.
Pros
Making life easier for needed community, letting them know that there are people that care for them and that they are not alone.
Cons
Not knowing if they are still getting the assistance they need.
Bad Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 11, 2018
This place is not organized and poor management.This job opportunity is presented well but not what you will expect after working here. Contract job with no future career.
Assisting Hurricane Harvey Victims
Disaster Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
The company vision is awesome and so it is unfortunate that it is tainted by wicked management who creates an hostile work environment. There is a lot of workplace bullying that takes place if you are not apart of the various cliques. I would recommend the company to anyone not wanting to work in the Houston office.
Pros
Helping people affected by Hurricane Harvey
Cons
Hostile work environment
Hours but poor management and treatment
Direct care (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 3, 2018
Yes this job pays and you get a lot of overtime but nothing more. Career advancement is based on favoritism. To the company they don’t care about you and you’re just another body. No coordination between upper management and people are under skilled and very undertrained. They expect this and that out of you but don’t tell you. Then they say the opposite one day, it’s complete hypocrisy. One of the most overrated and worst companies to work for. Other companies that I will not name are much better overall and treat you much better. To all that are interested, this is a warning and don’t be surprised, but avoid this company.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No breaks or life, management is lazy and slacking, and treat you like a piece of meat
get to work from home
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78228July 2, 2018
very good place to work form home. the ability to stay flexible and the management is good to its contractors. work can be stressful but the management will assist when needed.
Fast paced but great work/life balance
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
If you can keep up with a fast paced job with strict deadlines, you won't have a problem working here. The job is challenging but quite interesting. There is camaraderie amongst the employees and it makes the work environment a fun place to be in.

Just do your job efficiently, avoid breaking any protocols and you're fine.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Short breaks
Don't act knowledgable
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2018
If you notice anything that's incorrect or appear to know more than your supervisor, you'll be reprimanded aand soon find yourself looking for another job. This is a company that's unorganized and expect you to act dumber than the current management team. From Mina to the trainers, you will not be appreciated.
Pros
Hourly wage for non exempt
Cons
Petty people in management
Good work for contracted providers
Child Placing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2018
It is a good place to work for contracted providers who need to make an extra source of income to supplement their primary source of income, Contracted work is flexible.
Think again ....I should have listened to the reviews before I applied.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
The worst job of my life. This organization lacks proper training and thorough policy. I inherited a catastrophe and was faulted for it in the long run. Complaints to upper management were ignored. This is the most unstable company I’ve ever experienced. I’m glad I experienced this disaster early in life snd I have no regrets because I now what happiness is and it’s not working for this company.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Lack of training and policy
Family Endeavors
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 22, 2018
It is the typical 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. job with the difference that you will actually get the chance to make a difference in someone's life. The agency tries to help every individual that calls the company.
Stressful due to the required hours. They provided lunch.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 8, 2018
Recommend this job to make quick money since it's a temporary job, but definitely wouldn't recommend for long term due to health concerns and having no time for personal time.
Pros
free lunch, lots of overtime
Cons
no days off, no personal time
cut throat
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 6, 2018
This company has no respect for its workers or its clients. They have no desire to do the right thing towards the client. The Supervisors makes up lies on the staff to get them fired
The mission is good
Outreach and Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2018
Although the mission of the company is a good one, they need to put more effort into picking thier management. There was a lot of morale when the doors first opened, however, that quickly diminished due to poor managment at the office level, and at the corporate level. Overall, the job was not difficult by any means, however, it does depend on the reliance of other organizations to collaborate with to accomplish the goal, which is something that proved difficult more often than not. Also, the job requires a lot of dependence on clients who are homeless and apprehensive to participate, and because of this, it sometimes was difficult to make contact, let alone provide service to them. This resulted in "quotas" not being met, which further resulted in disciplinary action against employees. This created tention in the office and caused employees to feel overwhelmed and threatened, which led to a decrease in productivity and employees quit. Ultimately, it became more of a situation where the recognition for the job became more important than the overall mission.
Pros
Mileage pay, networking, helping the poor
Cons
micro-management, excess stress, pay
Work culture
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
The management at this company does not promote employee cohesiveness. They do not encourage employees to talk or form bonds that would help to promote a team and a happier work environment. Most times you are treated like children who need to be monitored and micromanaged constantly. Because it is a satellite office, you are disconnected from the main office in San Antonio. They do not know the environment or what is going on at the Houston office. It is hard to do your job effectively when you are in a work environment that is so restrictive. The Program manager makes up policies to fit her needs. She downgrades the employees in the process an is very hard to work with. You should not have to work in a place where you are constantly feeling like your job is in jeopardy. I anticipate that this office will have a high turnover rate if this continues.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Program Manager
Outreach &Intake Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75206March 22, 2018
My time spent at Family Endeavors was one of personal growth, for I worked under three different program directors. Non were more stable than the last; however, that individual was released as well without any reason or notification. My immediate co-workers were nice and pleasant. Upper Management is to unstable.
Pros
Travel to different workshops, and meetings around the country
Cons
Office politics
Rewarding Environment
Veterans Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28304March 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this agency. It was a rewarding and fulfilling experience to service homeless veterans in my community. I assisted homeless veterans and their families with finding permanent housing and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Pros
Travel reimbursement, company phone
Cons
Can be stressful under pressure
Temp Job
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 15, 2018
Emergency services.....
great for people who care about the well being of others, sometimes stressful because you stay away from your family and love ones for a very long time.
Pros
free lunces