Family Farm and Home Employee Reviews

Featured review
Family Farm and Home selected this as a representative review
A great pleace to work with a focus on being a FAMILY!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHOctober 22, 2018
My favorite part about working for Family Farm and Home is the culture! You find a humble and joyful experience. Theu are focused on YOU, they are focused on all of us being a FAMILY! Everyone is always happy to be at work and the environment is just all around amazing.
It's not a bad place by any means
Merchandise speacialist (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MINovember 13, 2018
My manager was amazing she cared and helped so much in everything going on. Very flexible hours. Every cares so much for there team(family). By far one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Good place to work, flexible hours
Cons
Slow pace
Caring, fun place to work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Bad Axe MIOctober 24, 2018
Very competitive, very upbeat and fast paced. Everyone works very hard because we all have the same goals that we want to achieve. Management is great and fun and puts up contests for us to try and hit monthly. Family atmosphere. Managers are always willing to teach when you need to learn. Very customer oriented.
Pros
15% employee discount
It is tense sometimes but I am comfortable and happy with my pay.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIOctober 22, 2018
My favorite part of my job is seeing all the kids and dogs come in with their parents and being able to interact with customers. I am curious about a lot of the products we carry so I like that I feel comfortable asking the customer what they use the product for such as with farm animals.
4.5/5 experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIOctober 22, 2018
Typical work day: Steady pace and there is always something to do. Like most things there are exceptions and some days are category 5 days but at the end of day everything thing is alright. Learning: Starting off with this company, you seem to be learning something new everyday. As you grow the rate may slow but there is always something to be learned. Management has improved 10 fold. Keeping and finding the A players and aiding in growing employees. Favorite part is coming to work to a team that is happy to be here. Least favorite is cleaning up messes other stores send my way occasionally.
My Store is the Best Store!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 22, 2018
I personally love “Farm Stores”.. so “Family Farm & Home” name grabbed my attention. I came in to buy my bird seed and decided then that I was going to work In this store. The friendly Environment , Any questions the Managers know the answers. Each season makes the Store brand new. Everyday I ask my Customers about specific products that I am not familiar with. They teach me, share the knowledge they have and I learn something new every day! Living in a small town and working for a Company that places Family first; makes me happy. Our community appreciates us and working together we are contributing to our friends and neighbors.
covering peoples behinds but making good friends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 22, 2018
If you do your work and don't slack off there seems to be no punishment. There was a worker who literally left pop cans under the counter at the register regularly, didn't do her work, and I had people come in and cuss me out because of her poor customer service and nothing was done. but there are people there that care if you do your job they become family. there's just not punishment and I felt like I wasn't being listened to when I told my store manager about the issues.
Not a bad place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MIOctober 22, 2018
Honestly not a bad place to work 3/4 managers are super reasonable and willing to work with your schedule. High turn over rate tons of drama. Majority of the employees are super nice and helpful while others just make your job more work. Enjoyable place to work on a good day.
Truly a 'Family' Atmosphere!
Advertising Manager (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
Co-workers are truly like family! All hands on deck, working together towards common goal of Great success! Limitless opportunities for advancement as FFH continues growth at exponential pace.
Lacking in many things but enjoyable when working with the right people.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIOctober 22, 2018
There are many issues with the company. The pay for the work you do is horrible. And it feels like the company is just trying to copy their competition.
Official response from Family Farm and Home
October 23, 2018

We are sorry you feel this way. Family Farm and Home strives to stand out from the competition by providing exceptional customer services and prices that cannot be found among other retailers.

I great place to grow and learn!
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MIOctober 22, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Family Farm and Home. Every time I work, I learn something new and have the chance to refine what I have already learned.
The Best of Both Worlds
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
Family Farm and Home is an excellent place to work. Management treats everyone like they are family members. They also understand that we have a family life outside of work and do their best to make sure both of our families co-exist nicely.
Best place to work
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
I genuinely love going to work each day. Family Farm & Home has a winning mix of passionate employees, happy customers, and supportive team leadership.
A true family company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
You have to wonder if a family run business is only in it for success for "their" family, and how it will affect "their" family as a whole. FFH is a family as a whole. They treat their employees as if they are just another one of their family members and everything effects everyone as a whole. Always willing to make sure their family is taken care of.
An ok place to work. Would be a great first job.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHOctober 22, 2018
My typical day at work: Mornings are slowish but the time goes by pretty quick. The Evening is the heavier rush of the day but time tends to go by slow. The management is getting better we have went through 4 managers already. We currently have a great manager and is willing to work with your schedule etc. The company isnt to bad to work for just make sure you keep track of everything: hours, time/ how long youve worked here.
It’s a cool place and convenient to where I lived
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wayland, MIOctober 22, 2018
This job is a-okay but to work here long term is ehh. I worked here for 6 months and then all of a sudden was fired. No reason or explanation. Management could be better but I wasn’t there long enough to really see any changes. I did like how close it was with the community and how the location was convenient to get back and forth to. I liked all of my ex coworkers and we all had gotten along pretty great.
Our customers and co-workers make this an exciting place to work!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Corunna, MIOctober 22, 2018
Working for this company has been my pleasure. You get to know your customers by name. You get to know some of their personal stories and that is the best feeling of all. Being employed by this company is just as rewarding. You "look forward" to going to work.
great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INOctober 22, 2018
this is a great place to work. they are willing to work with your availability and flexible. everyone treats everyone like family and they arnt afraid to help you out when you need it.
A fun work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 22, 2018
Family Farm and Home is flexible with schedules. Being full staffed seems to be an issue. The team that was at the store knew how to make work fun and enjoyable.
The people I get to work with are so awesome!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work as a cashier has a lot to do with assisting customers at check out and being friendly. Also keeping all of the clothing in the store straightened takes a fair amount of time. I've learned a lot about how to communicate well with others and how to work well with others. My managers and team leads are really awesome people and they do their best to work with us.
productive and family oriented
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gladwin, MIOctober 22, 2018
It is phenomenal in aspects, the company truly cares about you and your family’s well being. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Farm and Home. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about