Family Farm and Home Employee Reviews

Featured review
Family Farm and Home selected this as a representative review
My Store is the Best Store!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 22, 2018
I personally love “Farm Stores”.. so “Family Farm & Home” name grabbed my attention. I came in to buy my bird seed and decided then that I was going to work In this store. The friendly Environment , Any questions the Managers know the answers. Each season makes the Store brand new. Everyday I ask my Customers about specific products that I am not familiar with. They teach me, share the knowledge they have and I learn something new every day! Living in a small town and working for a Company that places Family first; makes me happy. Our community appreciates us and working together we are contributing to our friends and neighbors.
Be prepared to stay stagnant.
Employee (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 16, 2019
Unless you managed a TSC, dont plan on making moves here. They claim that this isnt an entry level job and they wamt experienced retail workers, but the pay is laughable. Management likes to heap tasks onto the most dedicated employees and lean on them to be completed, but give the laziest people the easiest road.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Pay. 0 incentive To Work Hard.
March 19, 2019

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues as a team member at Family Farm and Home. We encourage you to speak with your manager regarding these issues or to call our HR team as they are here to guide you through difficult situations.

Family farm and Home
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIMarch 4, 2019
fun job! wasn't very hard. manger was super nice and co workers were awesome too. Worked there for two years. Didn't have opportunity for advancement so I found another job.
being made to write this
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MIFebruary 17, 2019
To make this potato soup recipe, simply:

Cook the bacon. Dice and then sauté it in a large stockpot until it’s nice and crispy. Then transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, and reserve a few tablespoons of leftover grease in the stockpot (discarding the rest.)
Sauté the veggies. Sauté the onion and garlic in the bacon grease until softened. Then stir in some flour, to create your roux.
Add broth and potatoes. Then add the stock, milk and potatoes. Cook until the potatoes until softened, being sure to stir the soup regularly so that the bottom does not burn.
Add remaining ingredients. Then stir in the cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crispy bacon bits. Taste and season the soup with salt and pepper.
Serve warm. Then serve it up, loaded up with all of your favorite toppings!
horrible work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 28, 2019
manager is not only rude to customers, but his employees as well. he cuts peoples hours so he can get a bonus. he never stays for his scheduled shifts, always leaving early and getting paid for it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, rude management
February 4, 2019

We are sorry to hear of the issues you were having at one of our locations. Our HR team is always available for team members to call and discuss situations where they feel as if management is not fulfilling their duties.

I enjoy the interaction with the customers
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIJanuary 12, 2019
I learned a lot at Family Farm and Home. I taught myself a lot by trial and error. I am treated fairly, but the new employee come in and start at a higner pay scale than I do. I show up for work every day, never call in sick, but they do not acknowledge my dedication in my pay scale.
wouldn't reccomend it
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIJanuary 3, 2019
- typical day at work...all drama and people just walk all over you and ignore you

- I've learned to keep to myself

- management? that is a joke in Hillsdale, they cannot keep one to save their life and everytime you get a new one they're beyond rude and they cannot keep up with schedules and that's so easy to do..

-refused to give help and/or work with others during sport and payroll was always wrong
Pros
nothing
Cons
payroll was always a problem, non consitant hours, people always called off, management sucked
February 4, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are committed to creating a productive work environment within all of our locations. We apologize that you feel this was not the case.

Assembler (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIDecember 13, 2018
Co-Workers are very pleasant. Good environment to work there. Clean place to work there.Good location for you if you want to grab foods from nearby places.
Pros
Cons
N/a
It's not a bad place by any means
Merchandise speacialist (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MINovember 13, 2018
My manager was amazing she cared and helped so much in everything going on. Very flexible hours. Every cares so much for there team(family). By far one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Good place to work, flexible hours
Cons
Slow pace
I enjoyed it farm is shut down now.
Farmer (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 1, 2018
The family is selling the farm so we sold all the catle. Preping for shut down. If it wasn't for the sale of the land i would continue raising catle there.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Out doors in the winter
Caring, fun place to work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Bad Axe MIOctober 24, 2018
Very competitive, very upbeat and fast paced. Everyone works very hard because we all have the same goals that we want to achieve. Management is great and fun and puts up contests for us to try and hit monthly. Family atmosphere. Managers are always willing to teach when you need to learn. Very customer oriented.
Pros
15% employee discount
It is tense sometimes but I am comfortable and happy with my pay.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIOctober 22, 2018
My favorite part of my job is seeing all the kids and dogs come in with their parents and being able to interact with customers. I am curious about a lot of the products we carry so I like that I feel comfortable asking the customer what they use the product for such as with farm animals.
4.5/5 experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIOctober 22, 2018
Typical work day: Steady pace and there is always something to do. Like most things there are exceptions and some days are category 5 days but at the end of day everything thing is alright. Learning: Starting off with this company, you seem to be learning something new everyday. As you grow the rate may slow but there is always something to be learned. Management has improved 10 fold. Keeping and finding the A players and aiding in growing employees. Favorite part is coming to work to a team that is happy to be here. Least favorite is cleaning up messes other stores send my way occasionally.
covering peoples behinds but making good friends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 22, 2018
If you do your work and don't slack off there seems to be no punishment. There was a worker who literally left pop cans under the counter at the register regularly, didn't do her work, and I had people come in and cuss me out because of her poor customer service and nothing was done. but there are people there that care if you do your job they become family. there's just not punishment and I felt like I wasn't being listened to when I told my store manager about the issues.
Not a bad place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MIOctober 22, 2018
Honestly not a bad place to work 3/4 managers are super reasonable and willing to work with your schedule. High turn over rate tons of drama. Majority of the employees are super nice and helpful while others just make your job more work. Enjoyable place to work on a good day.
Truly a 'Family' Atmosphere!
Advertising Manager (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
Co-workers are truly like family! All hands on deck, working together towards common goal of Great success! Limitless opportunities for advancement as FFH continues growth at exponential pace.
Lacking in many things but enjoyable when working with the right people.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIOctober 22, 2018
There are many issues with the company. The pay for the work you do is horrible. And it feels like the company is just trying to copy their competition.
October 23, 2018

We are sorry you feel this way. Family Farm and Home strives to stand out from the competition by providing exceptional customer services and prices that cannot be found among other retailers.

I great place to grow and learn!
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Reed City, MIOctober 22, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Family Farm and Home. Every time I work, I learn something new and have the chance to refine what I have already learned.
The Best of Both Worlds
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
Family Farm and Home is an excellent place to work. Management treats everyone like they are family members. They also understand that we have a family life outside of work and do their best to make sure both of our families co-exist nicely.
Best place to work
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
I genuinely love going to work each day. Family Farm & Home has a winning mix of passionate employees, happy customers, and supportive team leadership.
A true family company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 22, 2018
You have to wonder if a family run business is only in it for success for "their" family, and how it will affect "their" family as a whole. FFH is a family as a whole. They treat their employees as if they are just another one of their family members and everything effects everyone as a whole. Always willing to make sure their family is taken care of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Farm and Home. Our community is ready to answer.