Family First Life Tri-State Employee Reviews

Make sure you have a lot of money or leads from a previous employer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJOctober 3, 2018
I was brought in by a friend to work there because he said it was so great. It was just sales, i had to pay for leads that weren't what i was led to believe. One manager was complaining about spending more than $6,000 a month on leads..

YOU DO SIGN CONTRACTS

NO ONE IS ACTUALLY MAKING RENEWALS, because the term products don't offer them.

THIS COMPANY MAKES A TON OF MONEY SELLING LEADS WHILE MAKING MONEY ON YOUR SALES. horrible experience
Pros
fair commissions
Cons
bad leadership LEAD COST, Chargebacks
Make sure you have a lot of money or leads from a previous employer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I was brought in by a friend to work there because he said it was so great. It was just sales, i had to pay for leads that weren't what i was led to believe. Most people have success initially selling friends or family or people they sold at other insurance jobs. THE MAIN FOCUS IS RECRUITING AGENTS SO THAT THEIR CONTRACTS CAN BE RAISED...if you don't have money to buy leads or clientele to sell or replace the early stages of the game may be tough. If you have leads from previous jobs you may fair well but thats typically some sort of breach of contract
Pros
fair commissions
Cons
bad leadership
Fun workplace with space for advancement.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 3, 2018
Management makes you feel very comfortable. Ideas are always accepted and encouraged. Training is good, and it is a great job for advancing your career.
Pros
schedule, stress-free, advancement
Office duties during the week/Agent flexibility on the weekends
Talent Acquisition Manager/Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 23, 2018
Hired as a member of the staff Monday to Friday, but work as an agent in the field on the weekends. Extremely flexible schedule, company treats you like an adult, and the income is unlimited because it is based on your own performance. Would not suggest this opportunity only if you do not have a strong work-ethic and you are not good with managing your own schedule.
Pros
Autonomy over your schedule, high commissions and pay based on your hard work
Cons
Not really a con, but in a commission role if you do not work hard you will not get the results you desire.
Very Informative and Fun
New Jersey (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 20, 2018
I love the management. I love the training as well as the atmosphere. Everyone is always willing to assist no questions ask. The office energy is positive and keep you hungry for more knowledge. Family First Life is definitely the way to go.
Pros
Ongoing Training and Support
Cons
None Yet
Great Opportunity without the pressure
New Jersey (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 20, 2018
I am a agent here and the thing I like the most about working here is the fact that I can make money without having the management team constantly breathing down my back. The managers are just a phone call away ready to assist when needed. There is also more than enough material available to assist agents. This company is great for individuals looking to build an agency, be a full-time agent or just looking to work part-time.
Pros
Io
Family Friendly and team Building place to work.
Sales (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 20, 2018
Family Friendly and Team Building.
Place to work.
Training is awesome. Everyone is Helpful and Wants Everyone To Succeed.
And to Win. Great Atmosphere.
I am getting paid what I am WORTH
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 19, 2018
I started working with Tri-State 2 years ago and I love our company culture! I am surrounded by managers and agents that push the bar higher! It definitely helps that we are not cold CALLING, or door KNOCKING to get appointments with clients! Honestly, anyone can do it. You don't need to have a sales background to start. As long as you are willing to learn from a strong sales force, you can WIN here.
Pros
Unlimited Income Earning Potential
Cons
If you are not willing to work, this may not be a fit for you
Put in the work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 20, 2018
As an independent contractor, you are compensated based on your performance. Put in the work and enjoy the rewards. Everyone is willing to help you and push you to maximum potential.
Pros
Very helpful staff, willing to help
Cons
None yet
Family Oriented
Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Hanover, NJAugust 9, 2018
Cares about their employees and always willing to help. I've never worked for a company I've been able to enjoy coming to every day. Learned a lot being here so far and eager to learn more.
Taught me a lot and got to deal with a lot of different people
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJAugust 23, 2016
Assisted new hires on documentation to being licensed. Worked directly with agents and corporate, a great challenge dealing with different individuals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family First Life Tri-State. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3