Family First Life

Family First Life Employee Reviews

Consistency is key
Consistency with your work ethic is paramount in order to succeed. Must be willing to get out of your comfort zone in order to grow and become a better listener and agent. You must be willing to invest in your business to get the return your looking for. In short you get out what you put in.
Great outcome with great input
The most enjoyable part of my day is helping people. Everybody here including the owner has been exactly where I am as a new agent and understands. This job is what you make of it as a commission based salary. Hours are very flexible. There is much training and assistance.
Great Company and Culture
Great company and great culture. However insurance sales in itself is a rough industry. Lots of training and management was great (hopefully you connect with a good manager). Fully commissioned so be ready to work. Lots of flexibility
Great people to learn from and be aro
Great group of people to be around and learn from.. Unlimited income and opportunity for an invidual wanting to succeed . They provide massive amounts of training that you can elect when you want to attend.
Great Work.Life Balance
Good workplace culture and management. Highest paid compensation in the industry. Free training every day. Great products and lead sources. Rapid increases in pay.
Great place to learn the insurance industry
I learned a lot from the amazing people that work there. 2 days a week we call around to set appointments, then the next 3 days we visit with people about their needs. Then we present them with the options available to them.
Great opportunity
My skills improved. Supportive environment. Fun. I learned how to set appointments and to be direct with clients. I build thick skin. Hardest part is staying motivated.
Own business
I am an independent life and health insurance agent. This is not an employment position. Family First Life is the IMO, Independent Marketing Organization.
Tough Start
It is very tough to make a living at the beginning work. I was working 80 hours a week every week just to make ends meet. You have to buy your own leads and if you don't live in a big city the market isn't very big
Pros
Work for yourself
Cons
Comp isn't high enough to start
good
Overall family first life is fine, the company appears to be growing at a very fast pace, which is good the only part that would be improved upon in my opinion is the training your independent agent which is great the money is phenomenal I had next to the highest contract and the company however they do like a lot in the administrative side. So that being said I have no bad review
Pros
freedom
Cons
no training
Know what you're getting before starting here.
When they tell you your comp level, it is not that easy. Each product they sell has a different comp, so when they say 100% that may mean you are still getting paid 50% or 70% on what you sell. Chargebacks are inevitable and can easily become an issue because they encourage you to take advances instead of the secure amount of money that you've actually earned. You can go into debt QUICKLY. They say they are not a pyramid scheme because they don't charge for training but they are. There is extreme pressure to hire 'downlines' because anyone above you gets paid on the business they write. Despite selling this career and company as a place that values families, taking vacation is highly discouraged along with taking off holidays (New Years, 4th of July). Agents are regularly recognized for not taking a day off the entire year. Most of the training you receive is in the form of previously recorded videos and conference calls. If you have an office near you that has training I'd go to it, however the office that is near you may not be your team. Offices hire agents who are across the country, and the office near you may not have a manager that is successful or willing to train people that they aren't making money from. Overall it's not a great place for a person who has just got their license. If you are experienced in the industry and can weed out the intense marketing and actually understand what you are getting, they might be for you.
Pros
work from anywhere, freedom
Cons
No benefits, strict schedule, traveling
I love this place
They gave me the opportunity and placement to really achieve my dreams. The mentorship is allowing me to get to the financial freedom i dream of and so much more.
Pros
Mentorship
Cons
nothing
productive very helpful
great company if you put your head down and work. mentors are always there when you need them, possibility to make as much money as you want. Must get out of your comfort zone.
I love FFL
It’s a great place to work as a life Insu͏r͏ance Agent. Very relaxed staff and great team of people to work with. The team truly knows how to support one another.
Productive work environment
buy leads book appointments then go to clients house to recommend insurance based on their needs. Help them apply for insurance. Once applicant is approved you will be paid commission.
Enjoyable company to work for
A typical day at work consists of calling leads and setting appointments. I learned many different sales techniques to use over the phone and in home setting. I worked from home remotely, so the culture was hard to get a feel for. The corporate office is in the Bay Area. The hardest part of the job was not getting down on yourself when your day or week completely falls apart with the appointments you set. I enjoyed meeting people and hearing and learning their stories. I met a lot of incredible people with a lot of wisdom.
Nice group to work for....
Very tight knit group to work with. Questions answered quickly. Very open environment. Much better place to work rather than at a large firm. Great online training.
Great flexibility for an independent agent
Daily and weekly support by leadership. High commission payout when sales are performed. Process is provided on how to make the sales. Personally still struggle with the goals, but working on it.
Productive and flexible workplace
My time here was short and enjoyable. It is a productive work place, excellent flexibility with scheduling, my supervisor at the time was an amazing mentor and really pleasant to be around.
producer life. you sell you make money. you dont you starve.
is a typical insurance job. you want to make money sell to friends and family of pay for leads that are mostly unqualified. its very tough to get started. Very little help to get the ball rolling as you are suppose to create your own opportunities
Pros
work life balance
Cons
tough to build a cleint base
Management is hit or miss
Your “mentor” is hot or miss. You either get one who cares about you, or you get someone who only cares if you make money. No in between. Work here at your own risk.
Pros
Comp is very high
Cons
Strictly commission, mentors can really suck, culture is tainted.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family First Life. Our community is ready to answer.