Family Health Centers of San Diego Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not Exceptional In Any Way
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2018
I see an average of 2-3 clients a day and the rest is paperwork and meetings. HR is disorganized and grossly unsupportive--they protect the business, not the employee. Supervision is under par around ethics involving client care. Raise for going from an intern to licensed clinician is around $2.00/hour which takes months to get approved. Workplace moral is understandably pessimistic (except for the IT guys who seem chipper). Growth opportunities are none--the program is designed for interns obtaining hours and clinicians are expected to leave upon getting licensed. Average paperwork times for progress notes are 20 minutes per note, intake assessment is 2 hours face-to-face contact with client then 2-3 hours of paperwork afterward, discharge paperwork is about 1.5 hours, and paperwork for getting additional sessions approved by insurance takes about 3-4 hours. Understandably, paperwork is done off the clock frequently which is no secret to management. Database lacks features that are primary in most other databases (ie: auto-save, accurate spell check, etc.) and database crashes frequently. This job compares to being expected to run a marathon (your raise depends on your success) and being equipped with a pair of waterlogged waders.
Pros
Hours for Licensure, chipper and patient IT guys
Cons
Management, Hr, income, paperwork
Great Mission, needs new leadership
Private (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2018
FHCSD claims a culture of "no judgement no blame" but this is only enforced onto the front line staff.

Leadership does not send a consistent message to staff.

Compliance is only followed when there is a survey scheduled. The is a drastic ramp up in corrective action prior to a survey and compliance falls by the wayside shortly after.
Small Company with a Small Mentality
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2018
Everything at FHC is in the Stone Age. They talk about wanting to keep up with technological advances and changes in procedure, but are too scared to actually do it. Very strict atmosphere and no autonomy.
Bottom line focused
Marketing/Outreach Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2018
FHCSD is run like a tight ship by the CEO,with her significant oversight. This has led it to be successful and maintain a steady budget, but can be hard for others to feel like they have autonomy.
poor communication
provider (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2018
Management only cares about the number of patients seen, and not the quality of care.
Poor communication among various departments within leadership with preferential treatment given to certain employees.
Information you are given is often inaccurate or incomplete.
Pros
helping underserved
Cons
leaderships lack of understanding as to how to best treat patients
Exceptional in every way
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2018
I believe that the employees do have the attitude to be exceptional in every way, The patients become people you see everyday some remember your name because you went that extra mile to be exceptional, They remember the way that I address them and treat them. I learned that Family Health Centers is Exceptional in every way, The clinics have so many grants that patients can be seen even if they have no money or insurance.The First 5 program Helps pregnant woman and children up to the age of five receive free dental screenings and treatment.
The Hardest part of my job was not being affected when I heard patient crying because they are in pain or just need someone to talk too. To not let my emotions get away from me.I
New opportunities
Health educator (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaliforniaApril 12, 2018
Fun open an invite of place to work, plenty of opportunity to grow with a community, everyday add new task dealing with challenging new I'm just serve demographics.
Fhcsd is a well oriented place of business for staff and patient's
HIM Tech II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2018
I love working for fhcsd staffing and patients are a pleasure to work with. A typical day at work is easy and the days go by fast. It could be a little stressful at time,
Productive and Fun crew.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2018
It’s a great company to be part of. Amazing staff and doctors, everybody is very nice and respectful. Great place to work at, wouldn’t mind working there again.
It is a good place to work at
Medical Assistant Job duties consist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
I enjoy working at family health centers of san diego. It has given me so much experience with interacting with patients and also seeing a wide diversity of people and what they have illness.
Pros
Feels like family
Fast-paced work environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2018
The people who work there are enjoyable. The work environment is fast-paced and can be demanding at times. Staff are definitely under paid, but the benefits of the organization can make up for it depending on your current needs and/or wants. A great place to start off in community healthcare and for networking in local healthcare settings.
Job experience in the many positions at family health centers
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, CAMarch 14, 2018
I learned and experienced many things at family health centers. I learned how to properly open and close up a clinic. Multitasking and deadlines with trainings, paperwork and reports was important to the county program. In my experience I had to manage 3 different sub programs in the clinic for over 3 years. I excelled at customer service and I, as well as my manager, got many compliments on my work.
Pros
Paid time off, 401K, and benefits
Cons
More collaboration within departments, better management, more employee discussions with upper management, and workload to an employee
Good experience but too much paperwork
MFT Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
I got a lot of experience working with children and families but county paperwork is too much. I did like the flexible hours. However the company has to advancement for licensed MFT’s.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
Paperwork on nights and weekends
Fair
Nutritionist /Health Educator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2018
I would recommend this job but it is highly stressful and mangment only care about numbers. They double book the provider and they don't care about their patients.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
poor managment
Great place to start and continue your career
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 26, 2018
fast-paced, learning opportunity, a great place to start when you are just coming out from a Medical Assistant program. Great locations, you have to be ready to work hard and stay focused on your tasks.
Pros
great benefits and locations
Cons
management issues.
Incompetent managment
Physician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2017
Extremely incompetent management. Disorganized. Poorly trained staff (even the supposedly highly trained staff - including MDs).

Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving after done with work.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Good work environment, learned a lot from my trainer
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2017
Work atmosphere stressful at times. Great learning experience. Advancement in work place is hard. You have to know the right people. Not enough discipline or management or communication in work place.
Pros
Healthcare, lunch break, learning experience
Cons
Cut throat, favoritism
Do not work here
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2017
There was no room for improvement and the pay was poor. The management team has favorites and the important things are not dealt with in a timely manner.
Beware
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2017
They pay you. Other than that, find somewhere else to work. The management encourages a culture of spies; people report on each other and morale is horrible. It's like walking into a cold dark dungeon.Management lies, discriminates, harasses and then if you dare complain, you lose your pay raise for the year. Picture the mule getting whipped as it struggles to do it's job.
Pros
pay
Cons
cut throat, slave/overseer mentality
Alot of work and flexible
Parient service representive (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 12, 2017
Its a very good company to start off to your carrer. Get experience to be cross train. Have a great benefits and PTO accurency. Have many locations depending on your need. Have the opportunity to grow
Pros
Appreciation to employees
Cons
Management depending on department can be an issue for work flow