Family Health Centers of San Diego Employee Reviews

Don’t waste you time there
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2019
Work there for 3 years and felt like just a number, co-workers are great but management is awful. Go there for experience not a career. Also do not work for city heights.... people there are great but some management are worthless!
Overall good work environment
I learned various aspects of project management and analytics. The company has a great team workplace culture along with it's high standards for healthcare.
Official response from Family Health Centers of San Diego
November 11, 2019

I am happy to hear that you learned new skills and knowledge while an employee of FHCSD. And thank you for recognizing the value we place on teamwork and exceptional high standards of patient care. Both are very important to the success of our employees and patient outcomes. Thank you!

Not enough minorities (black people)
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2019
My experience was very bad, I'm of afican decent/native American and I never in a work place felt push aside and used like I was nothing being lied upon and majority of my coworkers were Hispanic and let me just say this they shouldnt still be able to run a healthcare service and continue to treat people (black people) the way they do. I felt very uncomfortable.
Official response from Family Health Centers of San Diego
November 11, 2019

I am so sorry that your experience was not great at FHCSD. We do make every effort to ensure all employees feel safe and comfortable at work. Our Leadership, and our Diversity and Inclusion group, are always open to suggestions to continuously improve the work environment for all. Please feel free to contact me directly, if you wish to provide me more details about your experience, so that we may address any concerns. You may contact me at 619-515-2321, or trishb@fhcsd.org.

Very low pay
CPT1 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2019
The company is flexible with hour but very low pay. Not enought people from all races. Im the only black person at my location. Not a very busy location.
Great place to work 👍
Substance Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2019
I've worked here 2 years and I love it..I do wish the pay was more competitive. My yearly increase does not keep up with the industry. It's a filling job with a great work culture.
Fast paced and attention to detail
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 8, 2019
The employees here were difficult to get to know. I just do my work and keep my nose out of other peoples business that doesn't concern me and slowly but surely they are getting to know me and like me. I have never seen a department so focussed. They are ALL hard workers and great team players. You have to show them you are also. If you don't understand or speak Spanish, you might have a difficult time working here.
Large structured organization
Human Resources Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2019
Great company to work for long-term. It is a very large organization with many locations and opportunities for advancement. Very clear levels of hierarchy and duties.
I like working here and e joy being here
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2019
I think ita a great place to start and get a lot of experience , however, the paid ita not enough and they have some poor management which could make you to look for something better.
Pros
Healh inauranse, vision, dental, pto
Cons
Poor management
Horrible management in the Security Department. Security Manager answers to Security Supervisor.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2019
1.If you have any life outside of work this is not the place for you (kids, night life, 2nd job, any responsibilities)
2. Required to work MANDATORY Saturday shifts from 7a-845p.
3. Required to be on call for 24hrs a day for 1 whole month (results in no sleep)

This company was the worst experience I ever had, it’s unethical against employees.
Great place to work family oriented
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 20, 2019
Busy place, continues flow of patient throughout the day, excellent management , well culture oriented, one of the hardest part is no being able to provide for all the necessity of the community, but is very rewarding to see patient get well
Great organization to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Park, CAAugust 12, 2019
Workdays are stressfree, management takes very good care of the employees in general. Every department has a direct lead you can report to. Patient flow is constant, and there is always something to do.
Pros
Flexible hours
Not a long term organization
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2019
Leadership does not communicate, teach or communicate a lot to their staff. You often get a lot of work passed down to you not in your JD. A lot of favoritism and that’s the only way you can grow.
Overworked
MEDICAL ASST./CERTIFIED LAB TECH (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2019
It was a horrible experience. Overworked in every way possible. The work stations are not ergonomically set up properly. The clinic Director was cool but every other person in management act like they stuff don't stank. The culture as well is horrible.
*Pls read*
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2019
STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM THIS PLACE!!!!! It is all fake and temporary. They only care about numbers, numbers, numbers and push QUANTITY over QUALITY!
Pros
None because its fake & temporary!
Cons
QUANTITY is what they want NOT QUALITY!
hard working
Infection Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2019
hard and rewarding job, you get to work with all backgrounds, is a multicultural organization and non-profit, no you dont have to be worry about making money for them, just take care of your patients and do the best you can for them
Pros
great benefit
Cons
slow career grow
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillcrest, CAApril 22, 2019
Really easy job, really great doctors to work with. I have gained a lot of experience working here, and i think i can use the skills i learned and use it to further my career
Pros
1 hour lunch, Payed holidays
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Great place to start
Patient Service Representative Call Center (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAMarch 27, 2019
I was a PSR call center very busy job but I learned a lot! Its a great company to start a carreer in the medical field. I definitely recommend this company.
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
Life balance
Call center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2019
Worked at the call center for about 9 months
Pay was poor . Minimum wage for the amount of work we did and stress of management and customers .......
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2019
Liked helping out people fro the community and they really appreciate you helping them feel better by giving them the treatment needed. Feels good when they remember your name and face.
NonProfit
Executive Assistant/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2019
A great support and resource for those the underserved community. The mission is one to be commended. The organization is growing and more and more services are available to those in need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Health Centers of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Health Centers of San Diego Reviews by Location