Family Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Back office Front office Ma
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 8, 2019
Overall I like working with my coworkers we get along team work all the time, sad part about this company is poor management, they expect a lot from us, Poor patient care as well every employee there looks miserable. Make you work stay to cover other staff and don’t even get a thank you... ALWAYS SHORT STAFF.
Nice employee's, but management is the worse. They deserve better!
Navigation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2019
FHCN is one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had. The pay is horrible for the amount of work that is placed on you. The supervisors walk around baby sitting you with their ridiculous rules. The employees look so tense and the vibe is off. Step into the back office and you can tell everyone is only in there because they need the money. Oh and let me mention, it doesnt matter what position you apply for, they will place you wherever they want to place you.
No structure, or discipline for wrongfully accusing a person.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2019
Maybe this company is for a candidate who is nearly coming out of school ,but not to grow within the company unless u know how to be a brown nose or always tell on your fellow coworkers. Not a good place to grow within.
Family Physician Experience
Family Physician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 25, 2019
During the interview process asked them about family physician turn over. It's an important question that should be asked at any job interview. It will help you make the right decision.
Dispensary clerk
Dispensary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 1, 2019
busy work environment
customer service skills
Rapport with patients
team player
good work place culture
short breaks
working with a team and providers
Poor mangement
Medical Billing and Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 24, 2019
Not much room for advancement even though they lead you to believe otherwise. Management could be better. Pay could be better. More than half employees are unhappy working here.
Stressful workplace.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 17, 2019
As an employee this is the most stressful job I ever had, a lot is expected from employees. The pay could and should be better if they expect their employees to bend over backwards for them. Fresno has a lack of management and for some reason they don't stay with the company long? unexpected staff meetings, ridiculous dress code rules when the focus should be patient care. The organization is "non-profit" but to higher management patient numbers is a must because the grants I assume. There is a high turn around rate and HR, management don't seem to ask as to why. The organization expects the Fresno location to adapt to their ways no if's or but's and all the changes they brought has been stressful to many employees that caused a lot of the older staff to leave, the organization can also adapt or change their customs ways too and see that this location is Unique.
Benefits
Cons
Dress code, lack of management, stressful
Horrible management
Referral Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2019
management does not communicate with staff what so ever. Managers ask for feedback to improve the work environment and then does not take it and does whatever they wants anyways
stressful work environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 21, 2019
They expected more than what you were able to provide. There was a lot of preference for certain employees. I enjoyed what I did, I love providing excellent customer service to patients.
Supervisors were Lacking
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 20, 2019
I truly Believed in the FHCN mission statement however Sometimes people leave their jobs because of the way Supervisors treat them. I would have loved to of Retired there.
Poor place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 28, 2019
I am mis-treated constantly by management and my peers. It is not run well and I wouldn't recommend this work place to anyone I know. I am happy with my pay and benefits but nothing else about this position.
Pros
Decent pay and Benefits
Cons
Poorly run
Too much for little pay, management plays favoritism
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 23, 2019
This company gives no patient care what so ever, all they care about is meeting their numbers and getting the money. Management plays a lot of favoritism you literally have to kiss their behind for them to give you what you ask for. Otherwise they make your job very difficult for you. Management and supervisor gossip about everyone very loudly to where others can hear. All they do is kick back and laugh most of the time they can’t address any issues or help resolve anything. This job gives me nothing but stress so I’m job searching elsewhere. Don’t know how others have lasted there so long this place is a joke! I wouldn’t even reccomd my own family coming here. Employees are so bitter seem unhappy so I need to get out of here as soon as possible
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Worst company I’ve worked for
The company really cares about the employees
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 14, 2019
The company takes care of the employees and listens to feedback given to management. Departments work together often. The ceo meets with the employees yearly
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance is sometimes difficult
Busy and fast pace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 7, 2019
The company expects too much for a Medical Assistant do to without the proper training. Management is not the best and there’s a serious lack of communication. We would ask one question and they would just give us the run around. Some of the providers I worked with were not so friendly as well as the medical assistant. But the do offer good healthcare for the family and there are some people who are really nice to work with.
Pros
Good health care benefits
Cons
The more you know the more they take advantage of a individual
Good pay, poor teamwork.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 28, 2018
I learned a lot from my time at Family Healthcare Network, however there was not a great sense of teamwork amongst clinical staff. Most providers were nice and respectful, but there were a select few that treated clinical staff poorly.
Pros
Experience, Pay rate
Cons
Uniform
Incredible training and development opportunities
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 25, 2018
Coworkers and providers are driven to put patients interest first. Since growing into a major corporation they have lost touch with whsts happening on the ground and focus on profit more than people. Losing a lot of great employees. Pay is excellent and benefits are great. Unable to have much of a life outside of work though due to lack of advance preparation for new policies or changes implemented. MAs rarely get vacation approved and end up taking a leave after a while due to stress. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and make a difference in the community. Sadly it's not recognized by anyone, most of the time, except for by the patients.
Pros
Pay and flexibility of schedule
Cons
Vacation never gets approved
Fast pace working place
Navigation Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 21, 2018
I loved my job at FHCN just mangement is very poor. Scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling appointments for 100+ clinics. Very fast pace working place.
Not the place for an LVN
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CaliforniaDecember 20, 2018
It’s not the place for a nurse who wants to keep their skills. Instead of assisting physicians with procedures, doing wound care, or shots instead you are given the tedious foot work jobs, the supervisors who make $50,000+ plus a year don’t want, like: referrals, spreadsheets, taking patient complaints, making the monthly schedules, supervising the MA’s... LVN’s don’t last long with FHCN for a reason. Don’t waste your time working for them it’s a sweat shop for anyone who wears scrubs and it’s not work that utilizes the skills we have worked so hard to get.
Pros
Work Monday-Friday, paid holidays
Cons
Poor management, vacation time isn’t easy to get approved
Productive work place
CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orosi, CADecember 2, 2018
Assist patients and make their visit the most pleasant it can be, they are in because they don't feel well. Register patients and verify insurance wok them up quickly so they can get home and rest.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 26, 2018
is to see a patient be so happy and greatful we were able to help ease the pain. We offer emergency walk in services and that has helped so many people come in and get relief. I enjoy working with the staff as well.
Pros
benefits, 403b retirement
Cons
hard to take a break; very busy office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.