Family Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

take co-pays
make appointments
Medical benefits
401k
I really loved this job, but at the time management was not good. She was very immature. She would go out and party with her favorite employees
Pros
Great job
management needs improvement
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Management needs improvement on working with the employees vacation and sick time. Management needs to work on actually working by the policies and not to what their own believes are.
Pros
Cons
Supervision, management, work over loaded
Medical Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2017
a typical day at work would be to come in and check my TIN's, make sure i don't have any special projects and if i do not i will pull my work for the day and make sure i process 100 claims for the day.
Pros
benefits, flexible with time and a relaxed dress code
Cons
system did not always work properly, lack of communication
Best Job Place Ever
Temporary Front Office MA (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 16, 2017
I learned how to process a patient and how to make sure the patients were happy and to go back to the clinic for their next appointment. I learned how to give a good customer service.
Pros
I loved to always have something to do and never stop
Cons
There were no cons in this job
Receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 10, 2017
Good place to start your career, to get experience, very helpful and friendly staff. Good benefits. Opportunities to advance in the company. Good training.
Workplace Culture
Medical Assistant (Cross Trained) (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 25, 2017
One of the best places I have ever worked at, the patients, providers, staff all where definitely amazing. In my first 4-6 months I got the opportunity to learn and get hands on training with OB, pediatrics and family practice. I have to say with this company there was definitely a lot of room for growing opportunities.
Medical assistants and Physicians are fun, loving, and caring
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia ca school siteSeptember 13, 2017
If you work in Visalia at either one of the two story buildings. Those places are very demanding, strict, stressful, and supervisors are on top of you for a very little thing. But when they are not around, this is the place to get great work experience. You get into so many things, patients, equipments, injections, medications and so much more. It challenges and keeps you on your toes. No time to sit and be bored. So much to do and get done. There is opportunity to move around to different positions. You deal with so many different cultures which makes every day a different day. This company has one of the most best benefits around. If you are not a multi tasker and get over whelmed with a lot of things going on at once then I suggest going to a smaller facility would be best. You will still learn a lot but the smaller facility's dont see as much clientele. It gives you time for no stress, no mistakes.
Pros
some times free lunch, Benefits, ability for advancements
Cons
no grace period at all when clocking in, Do not question supervisors, They get offended, Supervisors don't explain why you have to do something, They will give you an order or if you ask for something that doesn't work for you, they tell you to bad, they don't know what to tell you and that you have to figure it out your self, Instead of trying to help you find solutions
Stressful and demanding
Front Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 24, 2017
All though I did learn a lot while working there, management lacks skills to be able to lead all team members. They just demanded things to be done without taking into consideration all present motives and tasks needed to be done. Many reasons were made up to deny vacation/time off and overtime was demanded when supervisor needed someone instead of offered.
Pros
Great team members (excluding management), great patient interaction
Cons
Management, long hours, denied vacation, overtime demands
Great place to get experience.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goshen, CAAugust 8, 2017
Working with Family Healthcare Network was exciting at first. It was a great place for me to expand my knowledge on the medical assistant position. I was somewhat discouraged because management as well as some of the medical assistants didn't follow policy and somehow was missed by hire management. This lead me to feel comfortable enough to break rules, which was foolish. I felt that along with myself there should have been others let go as well.
Work enviroment is very poor and stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orosi, CAJuly 26, 2017
Rude patients, that will get you into trouble especially lie to get their way, just to be seen or say you denied them service. Not only that the manager stresses you out, and working environment especially because the ma's tend to TRY and want to get you in trouble for not.being quick even when being new they stress you out for the same reason because they dont care, and the manager always take a the feed back from the ma's even if you disagree with them, you will get a talk just because of the feed back the manager got from the ma's and even if you explain where your having trouble , they don't care at ALL.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment
Good and Bad
Physician Assistant - Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Cutler, CAJuly 6, 2017
A mix of good and bad gread for new grad and the lad who got their fam in the neighboorhood. Otherwise the wheather will melt your face off as you spend another weekend catching up on prior-auth forms.
Pros
great for new grads
Cons
bad weather
Great place to work and meet the people in the community in which we serve.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 13, 2017
I have learned peds and how to autoclave while being employed by the company. That you have to work as a team and be willing to accept change because it does happen a lot.
Good company to work for
Medical Assistant (MA) Front Office (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMay 17, 2017
Typical day was checking patients in by verifying all their personal information and run their insurance and to take a copayment if necessary. I learned how to help patients with no insurance get onto state programs to help them maintain their health.
good place to work and grow
Sr. Network Operation Secialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2017
I learned a lot throughout the 3 years I worked here.
A lot of hands on learning and a good atmosphere to come to work everyday. My supervisor and manager are great people to work with and learn from.
It was a good place to learn.
Custodian of Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CaliforniaMarch 1, 2017
I worked for the company for more than 30 years. The most rewarding part of the job was working with staff and patients. The most difficult part of the job was not receiving enough staff support as the company grew and expanded; this made completing projects and meeting deadlines difficult.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours and many Saturdays
Family Healthcare Network
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 6, 2017
The pediatric providers are awesome to work with. The hardest part of the job is when the staff is short and you are working by yourself with 1 provider. I learned so much working at Family Healthcare Network. Unfortunately we make mistakes that we will never be able to fix.(Like in my case) But I will always hold dear the beautiful friendships that I made working there. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I made a difference in somebody's life to the point where they only allowed me to administer their Vaccines. I recommend Family Healthcare Network as a place of employment.
Great first time job
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2017
The company offers many great incentives and awesome benefits. Hours can be difficult if you are in need of something with set normal hours. Management could be better as well.
horrible
Front/Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Over worked, under paid, Supervisor and management belittle you at any opportunity and allow patient to treat you like garbage.
High stress and poor managers
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 2, 2016
Was going to apply for a position and after hearing and witnessing the way the front office manager talks to her staff....I will never go back, nor could I recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Benefit package
Unenjoyable
Navigation (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 20, 2016
I did not like the management. As a company very biased and unfair to employees. The company as a whole did not have very good customer service skill and employees were unprofessional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Healthcare Network Reviews by Location