Family Heritage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
this company is awesome
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
But you must be willing to work hard for your money, commission only. You'll be sounding may of your day going door to door so be well prepared for Texas heat..
Pros
flexible
Cons
Lots of time outside
Best Opportunity In America
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64118June 22, 2018
The culture is very professional and positive. Ongoing training is provided to grow your business in the way that works best for you. The bonuses and rewards are outstanding.
Pros
Great product, great company to work for.
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 18, 2018
My time with Family Heritage was wonderful, They truly care about their customers, and their employees. They make you feel like family and provide a fun, welcoming working environment. If you get the chance, go to as many meetings as possible!
Like vacationing on the titanic crossed with a gambling addiction.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2018
Initially very positive atmosphere followed by the cold hard reality that you are left alone to sell what is undeniably a challenging product. A good trainer is crucial to your success, as well as a bit of luck at the very beginning. I found myself holding out longer and longer in hopes of getting my big break and it never came.

Be careful of how much time and money you invest in this potentially disastrous career move. You may end up like me realizing the ship is sinking and you kept waiting for a better life boat.

Almost a year in and I lost money, didnt earn a dime.
Pros
Flexibility to choose your hours, good sales experience
Cons
Everything else
Flexible business, great opportunity, unlimited income potential
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 3, 2018
FHL offers a great business opportunity. They allow you to run your own business, and do not stand in the way of your production. The policies are a great deal for people and offer a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
great stories only
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2018
these people can talk it hours out in the streets talking to strangers on life supplement policies you only got paid if you sold a policy and it wasn't much it based on commission i put more money in the company then i did on a pay check i couldn't afford it
Overall, great company if you plan on taking 10 years+ in insurance.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHMay 25, 2018
Great management, Compensation is pushed on the upwards management's side. The company really needs to push the compensation on the entry level side since there is definitely a learning curve with the job.
very enjoyable group of people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
Regardless of where I go or what I do, Family Heritage will always be in my heart, and the friends that I made there... I will always love. You meet the CEOs all the way down to Customer Service.
Cons
dry spots where there isn't enough sales.
No leadership
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOApril 29, 2018
This job is a joke and leaves you to fend for yourself with no training. The company promises a month of training and I received 5.5 hours of training the first month and a half. They give no direction and when you ask questions you get some cookie cutter motivational sayings instead of real useable answers. They provide no benefits and their base is a joke.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no leadership which equals no money
Good Place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 23, 2018
Great company, product, and vision. Completely commission and you get paid for how hard you work. Harder you try the further in the company you can and will advance
Great boss and fun people to work with
Cook (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIApril 6, 2018
I learned a lot about how the kitchen works in a care center. The food prep, the different diets, the baking for holidays. Working on the tray line and reading the residents cards to know what foods to give them was a challenge.
Pros
Furnished uniforms, Had parties for the residents.
Cons
The sadness when a resident passes away
Not for me
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 6, 2018
I could not get behind the companies processes. I did not feel comfortable selling the product. This is why I did so poorly when I was with them. The people were nice. I still talk to some of them today.
Pros
you control your schedule
Cons
Hard to sell the product if you don't believe in it
Find your last career here
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2018
Family Heritage is a great career. Plan to work hard, develop a lot of tried and true sales abilities, and be mentored by some great leaders. All of the promotion is done from within so leadership knows what they are doing. You can and will make good money, but expect to work hard and expect to develop yourself immensely mentally.
Pros
Fun people, good career, good company aspirations
Cons
It is a grind :)
Great Company if You're Self Motivated and Want to Make Unlimited Money
Recruiter/Trainer/Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 3, 2018
Everyone's typical day is different. You design your schedule. If you want to work 8-5pm, go for it! If you want to work 12pm-9pm, go for it! You have the opportunity to excel and be promoted at all times, it just depends on how hard you work for it. Hardest part of the job is being alone most of your time. The coworkers are amazing people, but you only see them every so often. You need to be able to work on your own and motivate yourself. The most enjoyable part is that you get paid for how hard you work. There's also a ton of recognition, and soooo many free trips if you work hard enough. They're a blast and the people who work there are amazing.
Pros
Free vacations, flexible hours, great coworkers
Cons
Working alone, sometimes odd hours to reach people at home, no benefits
Great company to work for but stressful.
Insurance Broker -Georgia (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 6, 2018
Its all commision base. Flexible, and offers great company trips. There room to be promoted to higher position, and to make allot of money if you can work long hours, and basically all day.
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
Stressful, No sales means no money.
Flexible independent relaxed environment
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2018
This job is commission only. You are responsible for creating your own leads and making your own schedule. We have a sales meeting Monday & Friday mornings then the rest of the time you are on your own to make sales. I enjoy having the flexibility to attend family activities or go to Dr. appointments. I am free to do as much or as little as I need.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No base salary, no benefits
Family Heritage
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHFebruary 21, 2018
poor management; inconsistency with policies.
I would NOT recommend this unless you enjoy doing cold-calling.
There was also required phone conferences aka "pep" talks that you were subjected to each morning.
Awesome Company to work for
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Learned a lot working here with insurance and securities. Is a very good company to work for, never had a problem achieving my goals. Can be very stressful with the selling aspect of position.
Pros
Trips
Cons
Sales
Not easy, but worth it!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2018
This job is not for everyone, but it's done wonders for me. It's commission based (no salary) but every sale they advance you 7 months commission upfront. If it were easy, everyone would do it and the pay would be hourly. You have to be tough minded and a go getter. If you are, there's no problem!

You also get risiduals for life after 5 years. That means you could quit after 5 years and get paid the rest of your life on every policy you sold in that time. It's awesome!!

I had zero sales training and they taught me everything; plus you have such amazing support from your team. There's a clear cut promotional track that anyone can hit with effort. Also, the product is beyond amazing.

Again, you must be willing to put in hours, be coachable, and work when no ones watching you. Building wealth doesn't come without sacrifice in the beginning.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, great training, advanced commission, paid trips, flexible schedule
Cons
No salary, must be tough minded, cold-calling at first
cult mentality
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2018
Door to door sales to rural farmers and lower income people. You have to use a prepared script based on emotionally scaring people and insisting that they make a decision right now. Pressured to work long hours often till 10:00 pm. You have no mileage allowance but they want you to cover a wide area to reach people who have not been approached. Watch your commission - I had to ask where my commission check several times. High turnover and burn out rates. I would stay away from this job.