Family Home Health Services

Family Home Health Services Employee Reviews

A good company
good company. same problems all others, turnover, communication problems. depending on branch census has gotten low. pay is good. they use kinser EMR.
Horrible
Horrible people. Horrible atmosphere. Not a good place to work. Catty work staff and no respect for staff members. Horrible hours and expect jobs. Not great at all.
Typical Home Health Agency
Family Home Health is a typical Home Health agency. If you don't have a book of business already established, don't expect to get any support acquiring new business.
Productive work place with hard working employees
During my time there I have learned a lot and wish the best for the company. The patients are nice and the coworkers and kind and understanding. Working at Family Home Health Services was a pleasure.
Horrible upper management
The upper management was poorly informed or just had a Blatant disregard for Medicare rules and regulations. They promoted people who allowed the marketers to run all over the clinical staff even when the clinical managers are the one who are SUPPOSED to make sure the company stays in compliance. They are ONLY concerned with money. Not about making sure the patients get the care they deserve. Medicare has rules for a reason- to make sure those who need the care, get it. The upper management also promotes division not teamwork. They allow non clinical uneducated office clerical staff to treat others as though they run the office and when that person drives others away, it is excused. No accountability, no professionalism and no following any rules. This company should be looked into for the same issues that is bringing two other companies in the area in front of the justice department. It all starts at the top.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Nice place to work
It was a pleasure working with this company. Learnt so much this is foundation this is where it all started for me.
Got opportunity to save for retirement at a early age at 28.

Hours were flexible most enjoyable part of this job is being there for people who can't do it for themselves.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun environment to work ib
Family home care is an awesome place to work for. They treat you with the utmost respect and give u as many or as little hours as you want. I would recommend them!
Daily activities.
Job is 8 to 5 and if you do your job management leaves you alone. Business is family owned and management is uneducated and plays favoritism. As a PHC Supervisor, I was assigned 98 patients to see every 6 months.
Pros
If you do your job, you are left alone.
Cons
No raises
fun copmpany to work for
I really enjoyed working for this company. I would recommend this company to any one looking to work from home. If you are a people person this is a great company to work for.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no benefits
FHHS exceptional employer
I was hired by Family Home Health in 2010 as a Business Development Manager.
From my first contact with them, I felt this company was above the others. I had a phone interview, a meet and greet in person. Called to be offered a position, sent a overnight letter in the mail which explained everything to me in great detail about my job description, who I reported to, when pay day was, listed holidays, so much information that I was not even nervous about starting a new job. My orientation was 2+ weeks long, and I met many co workers, managers, HR staff, and I was warmly welcomed from my first day.

I knew I made the right choice joining such a great company.
Pros
The feeling of being genuine when out in the community talking about my company
Cons
Change in leadership is inevitable.
Laid back but no gaurantee or concern for your needs.
I worked with family first for 6 months. My input in regards to suggestions for improvement in patient safety to the office were shut down immediately and never made it to the families. Scheduling is awful. If you find some consistency in a case that's great but the minute you aren't on that case anymore, you are floating on your own with no hours or prospect of hours. There's no concern for your needs and i feel a large portion of that is due to overwhelming workload of office staff. There's obviously no room for advancement. Office staff were really nice and friendly but can't prioritize you and just want to get off the phone when you call.
Pros
Friendly staff, relaxing
Cons
Suggestions ignored, scheduling, not a priority.
Great start to my career
I highly recommend working for Family Home Health Services. I really enjoyed my employment there. It was a great start to my medical career. Great family atmosphere.
Pros
People
Cons
Family Home Health has a cut throat culture, without room for advancement
Visit patients in their own homes, evaluate and implement plan of care or revise of necessary, medication pill box fills, medication administration, wound care, wound vacs, medical-surgical visits along with a couple of psych nursing visits.

No room for career advancement,

The hardest part of my job was not seeing room for advancement,

the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing patients within their own home/environment .
Pros
1:1 nursing visits
Cons
not enough visits, culture was cut throat
Family Home Health does not promote a nurse friendly environment
Family Home Health does not promote a nurse friendly environment.
Everyone is stressed to the extent that the nurses are not supported.

No one listens.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
The TA's are experienced and do an awesome job!
Worst communication, unqualified manement
Unqualified manegment which puts the staff and patients at risk. Unsafe work environment. Toxic employees. Improper documentation.false Insurance billing.
Good company
Great Company to work for.I have nothing but good things to say about the company and those who work there. Home health is a tough business and the team is always willing to help.
I love caring for the elderly
I am a good caregiver I love my jobs I can meet all needs for any client I am a devoted worker and was never late for any jobs I can do whatever is needed for family's I have done Any job
If you are in the right inner circles it is a good place to work
Most of the work culture at Family Home Health is good. It really depends on which branch you are working with and who your reporting manager is. My manager had a tendency to pick a favorite in the area and if it wasn't you things were more difficult.
Pros
good clinical team in my area
Cons
poor management in my area
hardest part
This job was excellent for learning hands on, fly by the seat of your pants. I was able to practice critical thinking skills I have been neglecting since leaving critical care. Downfall was many nights of typing and care coordinating at home. On call hours were often required on top of a full work day. Safety was questionable at times.
They are very reliable
They are very reliable,
Call you when needed

Inform you when needed

Effective communication

They are very accommodating and will help you when needed

Solve problem right away
Pros
Reliable
Cons
Delay in answering calls
Great Place to Work
I was working for Family Home Health part time & remotely from home. I was paid fairly & mostly only dealt with the Office Manager & General Manager as I had my own key to pick up or drop off time sheets or any other info needed. I came into the office during regular business hours for yearly or quarterly inservices & the field staff & office staff were very friendly & courteous. I would definitely recommend working there.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
Part time- so no paid benefits or paid PTO
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Home Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7