Family Insight, P.C.
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

Family Insight, P.C. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Turnover has been extremely high turnover rate and the pay is higher at other companies for the same job. There’s also a lot of driving and if a client cancels you need to make up those missed hours for the week.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Driving, pay
If your client cancels, you don't get paid. The hourly sounds like a lot but you don't get 80 hour pay periods. Never even a 40 hour work week. Waste of invested time. Just don't. My advice is to Walk away then RUN, Sprint and keep going.
Pros
None really.
Cons
The entire position.
I worked at the company for a little over a year. It is a good place to get started in the ABA field as a behavior tech or a registered behavior technician. I learned a lot from my time at the company. They do train you and will offer more training if you need or request it. They have a good pay rate if you have your RBT credential. You do have to drive a lot from house to house.
Pros
Drive time pay, Supportive and helpful supervisors
Cons
Lot of driving, Drive time pay is only minimum wage
-did not let me know prior to employment when appointments get canceled, YOU the technician, don’t get paid. - I left company- they still owe me three weeks of pay. They have been difficult to get any answers. I do not recommend!
Little to none support from supervisor. Cases not scheduled geographically close to each other in any manner. Coworker's are very friendly and often helpful.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
My supervisor is very helpful and my co-workers are truly the best teammates. They make the process so easy and are always so ready to help when needed.
Pros
Great team efforts, relaxing atmosphere
Cons
Hours are not fixed, loss of wages if a client cancels and you can't make it up.
Not a steady income, the insurance isn't really good and the turnover rate his high. The management is ok could be better, however if you're looking for skill building then this company is for you. Clients often cancel so you either have to make it up or deal with losing money.
I have had such a flip flop of a time in the ABA department. Our location is fairly new and we had lost our BCBA director within the first two months of employement (I say we because a bulk of us were hired at the same time). Our new director is nice - the supervisors themselves are great; it's corporate that is sleazy. For the most part, they do not care about the needs of their employees and are always looking for ways to cut costs and save money - this is shown by picking a low tier health plan and then saying that the health plan will soon be replaced by an HSA (which is NOT a health plan). I did not get a day time client until towards the end of the year, and somehow it was seen as my fault that I was not meeting my 30hrs, which mind you is very hard if you don't have the clients to do so since most children are over the age of 5 and are in school full time. I think that if this location had a clinic, it would thrive, but I still do not like corporate.
Pros
Being lucky to have healthcare at all, working with cute children
Cons
CEO and Corporate do not care about the individual lives of employees, driving all over the place, tedious paperwork
The ONLY drawback is that if the client doesn't show, my salary is impacted. Otherwise, there is strong cohesion and anybody is willing to help out at any time.
Pros
friendly, strengths-based approach to EVERYTHING
Cons
if the client doesn't show, my salary is impacted
A typical day would consist of seeing scheduled clients 1 to 3 hrs. a session depending on the severity of their case. Your schedule is flexible but that is not always a plus when clients cancel or they are simply not at home. You do learn a lot working with the families on how to apply therapeutic techniques and as well as working with different backgrounds. Group supervision was informative because you get to hear about all the other cases other counselors may have as well as meeting employees you may not see on a day to day basis. Individual supervision which occurs every other week was somewhat helpful. A big negative ( I guess) when working as an in home counselor was your hours are not guaranteed. If you do not see a client you do not get paid. Speaking of pay...... you only get paid ONCE A MONTH which is the 2nd Friday of every month. PRODUCTIVITY is a must with this company. Low productivity =no money for the business, that at times seemed more important than providing counseling to a client. Lastly, When providing in home counseling , various companies pay you according to the severity of the case, meaning by levels. Level 1,2,3. This company pays you the same hourly rate no matter how sever the case may be. Their hourly rate is under $30 an hour. Other agencies pay waaay more. You do not receive mileage reimbursement but are paid minimum wage for time travel as well as attending meetings and completing paperwork. .
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, group supervision
Cons
Low Pay, Start up company, Wear and tear on vehicle, Hours are not guaranteed, get paid once a month
Friendly and team oriented atmosphere with great schedule flexibility and support in the development of treatment plans and other required documentation/paperwork. Great independence and autonomy as a service provider with useful supervision and feedback regarding implementation of particular counseling strategies and interventions.
Pros
Professional autonomy
Cons
no company benefits