Family Insight, P.C. Employee Reviews

Supervisors Sub-par
Clients mother (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 9, 2018
While the job is wonderful, the office management is not capable of completing their responsibilities, maintaining professionalism, or helping make a difference in peoples lives.
Growing pains
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2018
70/30 split terms for contract clinicians is appealing but it comes with a cost at Family Insight. While management of its community-based mental health business is impressive that was not the case for the year I was a contractor for the new Outpatient Services in Richmond. Administration for contract clinicians was inconsistent, disorganized and indifferent. As evidence I'm still waiting for payment for clinical services provided in March 2018 despite repeated assurances that payment would be forthcoming (it's September now). My experience is that 60/40 terms are well worth it for better administration at other practices.
Pros
Training, compensation terms
Poor management
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Va officeAugust 15, 2018
Very poor communication with manager, very clique like employees in management. Unprofessional and lack of communication. Hours are not guaranteed. Poorly ran office in Winchester location. Would not recommend to others. Lots of cancellations and scheduling issues which makes it hard for you to get paid.
Pros
Didnt see any while there
Cons
Management, no hours, no communication
Amazing place to work
QMHP-A/C (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 12, 2018
Great company to work for. Staff and employees are very helpful and team players. They care about their clients and it shows in the way they provide services.
an opportunity to use my skills
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20109July 8, 2018
The ONLY drawback is that if the client doesn't show, my salary is impacted. Otherwise, there is strong cohesion and anybody is willing to help out at any time.
Pros
friendly, strengths-based approach to EVERYTHING
Cons
if the client doesn't show, my salary is impacted
Not the best
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 6, 2018
The income I made did not include mileage or gas. Otherwise, I would still be there. Management was supportive and you can make your own schedule. Time off is easy to adjust for.
Pros
scheudling
Cons
pay
Great company for ABA
Director (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 13, 2018
Great ABA team: dedicated to the client's success
Supervisors are friendly, knowledgeable, & approachable.
Lots of opportunities to grow & show independence if you have ideas of programs or activities for the company to participate in.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, fun team, opportunities to grow
Nice folks
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2018
I was only there for a short time., but the staff I met were nice and friendly. The work was hit or miss in terms of client participation, but once your clients were all on track and dedicated, it was smooth sailing. There were great opportunities for additional training.
productive, collaborative environment
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 4, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work! The management staff is knowledgeable and helpful to all hard working associates. The team truly cares about the clients they serve.
great staff and flexible hours
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 12, 2017
great work place to grow. Good staff and excellent supervision. I would recomment it to anyone.The training and orientation were adequate and the support was also very good. Your caseload was gradually increased so as now to be overwhelming.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
location

Want to know more about Family Insight, P.C.?

Ask a question
great place to work
Intensive in home Counselor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2017
I am ready to transition to a different job not doing in home work. This is the only reason i am looking for something else, I would highly recommend this company to anyone working in the industry
Best Place to work!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2017
This job/career is not for everyone, it takes a skilled clinician to navigate the population that we work with from a clinical and professional standpoint. Pay is competitive and the bonus structure and incentives/benefits are excellent. The supervisory/management team are supportive, readily available and understanding. They will help you grow clinically and professionally in all areas. The team understands the importance of self care and encourages community events. We work as a team! If you want to grow in the mental health field this is the place to be!
Pros
Support, competitive pay, bonuses, communication, opportunities for growth
Cons
community based counseling work isn't easy and not for everyone
Positive work place with good energy; we know our work matters.
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 6, 2017
A typical day is busy as we move between clients in their homes. A lot of highway driving is required. There is regular supervision and supervisors are always available to help with any crisis or problem. We are a large cohort of counselors and do have fun together. Trainings are clinical in nature and always helpful. There is room for an individual counselor to be heard. We feel supported in our work.
Pros
quarterly fun group events, sometimes breakfast is provided
Cons
It requires a lot of highway driving.
Ok Place to work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 29, 2016
Hours are not guaranteed. Managers are hard to get in touch with at times and seems like a hassle to bother them. Clients conatantly cancelling and pay is dinged for it. Bonus not guaranteed. Drive your own car paid minimum wage for travel time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay and hours
Unstable organization with weak leadership
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAAugust 10, 2016
Supervisors treat employees as though they have no professional counseling experience. High turnover rate. Supervisors have limited knowledge of ethical standards and confidentiality. They seemingly make up their own rules regarding confidentiality and boundaries. Indirect pay is minimum wage.
Cons
no health benefits until 3 months of employment, unprofessional supervisors and counselors, high turnover rate
Good experience
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 7, 2016
This is a great work environment. While working here, I learned a great deal of transferable skills. It may be difficult to receive full time hours.
Corporate Agency - Mental Health
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 22, 2015
Privately owned mental health agency with multiple locations opening within 1 year in VA. Directors in several locations are NOT licensed or even licensed-eligible (BA degrees), which makes no sense in a highly regulated field and very problematic for any ethical licensed clinical supervisor focused to maintain their license. Therefore, non-clinical management is very production-oriented with little to no training for new staff just to get the "billable hours" goal of 500/weekly & profit sharing while telling licensed staff "this just needs your signature." High use of low-end credentialed leadership team is indicative of business model conflicting with virtuous ethical clinical model. I encourage and licensed clinician to be aware & be informed!
Pros
Good initial impression & offers benefits
Cons
leadership team lacks clinical credentials, benefits are very costly, don't follow VA regulations, production-oriented, poor communication with cliques among small staff that transitioned from another agency
Great Working Experience
ABA Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  VANovember 5, 2015
Provided ABA therapy to children with Autism in there homes. Also provided counseling and education to the families. Completed all paper work including updating graphs, and data sheets accordingly. Enjoyed watching the progress of my clients.
Pros
Progress/accomplishements made by clients
Cons
Lack of support from supervisors.
Positive approach to mental health support/skill building
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 8, 2015
freedom to set my own schedule
comprehensive documentation/reports
diligent efforts to ensure effective support/training
co-workers: very helpful and supportive
paperwork/revising reports
working one on one with a diverse group of clients
Pros
liberty
Cons
scrutiny
Great company
Office Manger (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA.December 12, 2014
Work very hard everyday running the office. Manage many different operations within the office on an everyday basis. Job varies from day to day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Insight, P.C.. Our community is ready to answer.