Family Leisure Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Sub-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 8, 2019
I would recommend Family Leisure to those who want to learn the trade of building pools. They also deliver at home “leisure” activities such as pool tables, shuffle board and much more. Overall great place to work.
Really good managers with great intentions but service was all kinds of messed up with no pay
Crew Leader/ Pool Builder (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJanuary 28, 2019
Service would leave you out til 10 at night while on salary during summer time and most of the time was there fault for forgetting something or not rescheduling.
Bad management at the time.
Lead man of installation crew. (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALDecember 9, 2018
Was young and would easily be pushed around by management and wasn't a very organized business. very hectic everyday.got fired due to the fact i wasnt provided enough men to do the job at hand.
service manager
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 31, 2017
Prepare employee schedules, customer service, track all orders, schedule deliveries. order inventory , stock inventory, shipping and receiving, and problem solving all service and delivery work orders.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
poor management and employees
Continuous work
Lead installer of hot tubs/playsets/pool tables (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2017
Typical day includes reviewing the days line-up from paperwork, loading truck according to line-up, traveling across Arkansas to customers' address, installing product, collecting mileage payment and returning to warehouse to load next job.

Your day ends when you complete your line-up.

Building a pool table was one of the most difficult skills to learn; however rewarding once mastered.

Management is very laid back as long as the jobs get done correctly and customer is satisfied.

The best part of the job is working at your own pace and not under a supervisor all day.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lack of benefits
I wrote a review earlier.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 18, 2017
Nice store. Nice location. Nice high-end products. I was given extensive training for every product that was sold. From umbrellas, to spas.You could not sell a product before you went through training. The spa and pool training took several weeks each. Good training by the general manager.
Pros
Talking with people all day was great.
Cons
Commissioned sales
Good benefits, exceptional work environment, caring management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2017
I've been working with this company for some time. The experience is and has been a pleasant one! The managers and more seasoned employees have always been very helpful if I had a question about something. I have found the owner is fair and sincere. My managers are equally as fair and reasonable to deal with. And, the staff is all around a great bunch of people to work with! The hours can be long but very profitable. The culture, though it is a sales job, is unlike any other that I've seen in previous sales jobs I've had before. The staff want to see others succeed and are pretty genuine about it. Everyday is a teaching experience and any of my questions I have were received eagerly and are welcomed. They have continued training on previous and rollout products. Even if you're tenured and have learned some things about it prior you have refresher training throughout the year with the knowledgeable representatives from the actual manufacturers. This company is, as a whole, a place that wants there staff to be successful and a pretty good job overall.
Pros
Continued support and training, benefits, open door policy, team building success coaching
Cons
Hot in the summer, longish hours
Stay Hydrated
Pool Installer (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNAugust 22, 2016
Build 2-4 pools a day with 3 other crew members in the heat, everyone got along and we were paid by job. hardest part of the job was putting the wall up and the most enjoyable part of the job was when it was finished.
laid back completely enjoyable first job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 11, 2015
it has its constant problems with execution of its own procedures in day to day tasks but overall a very successful business. i got a dollar raise after proving myself to be a competent worker come to find out 4 months later "it didnt go through"or something"" which was not only very unprofessional but highly frustrating. they gave me inaccurate back pay but i took what i could get as i was just happy to have my raise recognized. other than a few problems every now and then i am happy to work there overall. its a smaller business with a large niche clientele with little competition which makes it very valuable.
Pros
easy day to day
Cons
problematic execution of orders from management
Very easy job but will not make any money
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 26, 2015
I loved the job because it was so easy, mostly everyone was easy to work with they were lazy but i like i said the job was easy so it was ok doing the work by yourself. Everyone in the office always made something out of nothing and stress over the smallest things, you do have job security but a chance of advancement or moving up in ranks it will not happen there the pay is very small x-rays is very small and you have to look at least 20 years to making 20 bucks but as tight as family leisure is they will fire you before they pay you too much.
Pros
45 minutes to an hour lunches, can clock out as soon as you finish your work, don't have to talk to anyone
Cons
Will not give a pay raise, $12 an hour is a major loss to them
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2015
This job is great for those who are wanting to go back to school. Family Leisure is great for working with those with a school schedule. The environment is fun and relaxed to work in.
Pros
The owner appreciates his employees very much.
Cons
The owner makes sure that we have lunch every saturday
Great Company
Family Leisure Seasonal Help Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2015
Great Company to work for. I learned a lot from them. Basically, how to conduct credit screening and basic bookkeeping skills.
Fun workplace with pool tables and shuffleboards
MNGR- MARK STANT (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 3, 2013
A typical day at work is signing in on the rotation list. My Sales Team and I greet our customers as soon as they walk in the door. I have learned so much about different products that we sell. It is an every day learning process. There are so many products and so much to learn with each new item that comes in, I find it very exciting. The management isn't the best I have seen, but it isn't the worst either. The hardest part of the job is any repetitive lifting of furniture. It may be hard, but I do enjoy rearranging and making thins look just right. My co-workers are fun and very helpful with any situations that I may have questions about. The most enjoyable part of the job is making my customer happy. I get them the product they want and ensure that I do everything I can to make them smile.
Pros
bonuses, spiffs
Cons
11 hour work days 5 days a week
steady pased job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  antioch tnJuly 10, 2013
i would walk in turn on computer grab papers out of file and start calling customers to schedule their order. if no orders to be filed yet i would call previous customers to ask if they enjoyed their package. i learned more about maps and locations. i learned about pool parts. management was ok.they couldve been more organized. the hardest part of the day was when the phones would start ringing and there wasnt enough people to answer them. what i liked about this job was that i got to meet many different people everyday. i like that i got to work with a computer. i did like the fact that i got to learnd about pools and how hard they really are to maintain
Pros
free lunch on saturday
Cons
employees favor
great place o work
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2012
family friendly environment, great and busy days that o by so fast you dont even look at the clock.
Pros
great place to work