Family Matters of Greater Washington Employee Reviews

awesome
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2018
loved my job , great learning experience . As a case manager i made a difference in children lives. I was able to rekindle the biological parents with their children.
moderate workplace
Medical Billing Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 5, 2018
The workplace use to be fun, no one held accountable for work load and the business went downhill and management didn't listen to staff. make decisions based on numbers and not facts.
If they were still in DC
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2018
Wonderful staff, dedicated to serving the community. A cool place to grow as a clinician. Staff are always helpful and considerate. Community Support focused.
I've nevet had a problem. The admin. Staff were all nice to me. I would work there again if possible.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2017
I worked for Family Matters of Greater Washington. I found it to be a very nice place. Although, My job was not in that department. I worked at another office for Family Matters and had contact with my supervisor whenever needed.

Unfortunately, their contract had expired at the place that I worked and was laid off.

Overall, I had enjoyed working for Family Matters and did my job very well.

Sincerely,
Typical Work Day
Intake Clinician / Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 8, 2017
Stressful and the expectations were too high. I liked it until I didn't like it. Things changed very often and the lack of consistency was frustrating
Pros
Office setting and location
Cons
unattainable expectations from staff - low pay
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2017
This place is a very toxic and stressful place to work. Management is horrible from the CEO down. They could hardly keep their bills paid and employees are not paid on time.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work and very supportive work environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2017
Excellent agency and cares for the welfare of its consumers. The agency is consumer and patient focused. I would strongly recommend that social workers and mental health professionals work for family Matters of Greater Washington.
Pros
Parkind
Communication
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
The communication at this organization is lacking. The typical day of work is trying to schedule appt. with clients a lot in which have no phones or updated files.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Benefits
Good job environment
EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Family Matters. It felt like family. It was an intimate setting where we worked closely together. The enjoyable part of the job was to help the clients improve educationally so that they are able to pass their GED or high school classes.
Pros
Enjoyed trying to make the children's lives better.
Cons
Clients weren't always available.
I enjoyed working at Family Matters
Program Director/ Lead Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 27, 2017
This company gave me the opportunity to excel within the organization. Great employee to work with. Management team is excellent with working together.
Poorly managed Mental Health department
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2016
The Mental Health department at Family Matters has higher than average turnover because of poor management. Management responds to staff concerns with intimidation or indifference. I never got paid on time.
Cons
office culture, late pay
Ceo
None (Current Employee) –  Nonesuch Point, MENovember 18, 2016
CEO is toxic..there is a lot of turn over in this organization. CEO is not for staff. Don't get on her bad side or you will be fired or don't argue or dislike something with her husband or you will be fired....Need new CEO...
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Staff only hire who they know
Good people, very chaotic environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2016
Very chaotic and poor management. Supervisors are incredibly overburdened and have little time to provide direction and support. Good job for people who are independent and self starter. Very unstructured and you spend most of your time in the community. Pay and benefits are mediocre, nothing to get excited about. No job or pay negotiations.
Pros
Independence and opportunity for growth
Cons
Very disorganized, not enough supervisors, little support
Great experience horrible management
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 16, 2016
I worked for the Oxon Hill office and the program director is relentless by micromanaging and harassing employees. The culture is not healthy due to the insecurities of management. Experience was great with the job itself. Management needs training with interpersonal skills.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
great team, poor executive management
Programs Director (Former Employee) –  DCAugust 8, 2016
individuals working here are dedicated and loyal. No/poor leadership from CEO. good, hard working individuals leave frequently. Toxic environment created by CEO
Productive atmosphere and Culture is awesome
CSW (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 3, 2016
I currently work with this organization as a CSW.I have worked at other agencies but their management lacked structure and a means of moving forward.Family Matters promotes growth and obtaining knowledge to go beyond where you may currently be.
Pros
Great staff good work ethic
Cons
Pay and schedules
Productive work environment with opportunities for advancement
School-Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2016
Working for FMGW has been an educational and productive experience hat has taught me much about how critical it is to have structure, compassion, and patience when working children and their families.
Productive and serves the city.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2015
Non-Profit Severing the youth inside and outside the city. Provides a productive and fun working environment for employees. Highly trust staff members and works well with the family and children they serve.
Very friendly staff
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
Provides great service to consumers. Provides employees with helpful training's to advance their knowledge on and off the field.
Serving Older Adults
Ward 6 Lead Agency (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2014
Ward 6 Office
Great Team!
Providing comprehensive services for older adults
Pros
Great support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Matters of Greater Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Matters of Greater Washington Reviews by Job Title