Family Priority, LLC Employee Reviews

Great Work Culture
Home Based Worker (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg/Newport News VAAugust 7, 2018
Fast pace work environment with great co-workers, supervisors and management. Personally, I thought the initial and on-going training offered were some of the best I have ever received. Supervisors and management do hold staff responsible for work including paperwork, but I like that, some other agencies seem to not care what staff are doing and that is not the case here. While there is a lot of driving the pay is great and more then makes up for that. Other home-based agencies I worked for had trouble providing enough cases however Family Priority is very good at assuring staff has enough work
Pros
Great pay and staff
Cons
Health insurance is very expensive
Not a forever job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 26, 2018
Management is horrible, you have to constantly watch your back. Families can complain and get their way. Not a friendly environment, A lot of driving and time not reimbursed.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
little to no training
Fast Pace Work
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  WilliamsburgApril 19, 2018
There is plenty of work, no lack of clients or needing hours for me. I have found the BCBA supervision to be great and overall working environment is face-paced, challenging and educational. However, the expectations are high and you cannot get away with falling behind on things like paperwork. I fave found the Director to be very kind, I had some personal issues going on and she helped me to feel very supported.
Pros
Supervision, Managment, Pay
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Flexible
ABA BEHAVIOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 22, 2018
Better pay then most companies for this job. Flexible schedule. Great if you have a family. Can work as much or as little as you want. Must be flexible.
Great Job in a Great Location
BCBA (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 10, 2017
Been working in Williamsburg for about 2 years now. Love the Job so far. The boss is concerned for all the employees and works to keep everyone happy and supported.
Lots of Qualified staff to work with. Really nothing negative to say even after working here for over two years.
Pros
Excellent Pay Rate, No Micro Management, Plenty of Support when needed/asked for, Free to make my own schedule, Flexible boss, lots of work space, actual office space, tracking sheet to help with timelines
Behavior technician (Former Employee) –  WilliamsburgOctober 8, 2017
I really loved working for this company. The only issue I had was that I was only working 15 hours a week and even with the competitive pay that was not enough for my family. I tried to be patient with them building my caseload, but that can take time that I didn’t have. However I will say th staff are very professional and welcoming. I would go back if I had a base salary to budget around. I really enjoyed doing in home visits with the families and not feeling the pressure of punching a clock doing the same daily tasks. This job was very rewarding and great learning experience.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Income fluctuations
Rewarding Job
In Home Therapist (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 14, 2017
Great training, great co-workers and great management. The work is rewarding. I have had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of kids and really feel like I am making difference.
I always feel supported. When challenging situations arise supervisors, management and co-workers pull together to help. I have been with Family Priority for 3 years and plan to stay for many more.
Pros
Supervision, Great Managment
Great Agency
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work. Room for advancement, great supervision and training. I have had the opportunity to use their tuition assistance program and it has been a blessing for me. I love my work and my co-workers.
Pros
Advancement, challenging
Great place if certified
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 4, 2016
The families I work with are the best part of my job and definitely the hands on experience. Wish there was more formal training and opportunities to advance
Pros
Hands on experience. Ability to speak face-to-face with BCBAs.
Cons
Pay fluctuates, hard to advance if you are not certified, more like supplemental income
Discrimination in case loads but great training
ABA Therapist/ Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 7, 2015
This company has some potential on giving you all the training you need in order to do you job effectively. They are awesome on making sure that you are fully equipped educational and training before heading out to these homes. However don't let there be a crisis where you may need assistance, due to simple protocol. No one knows what to do and in total oblivion. Sometimes making wrong decisions where they have been face with numerous actions from the locality services. Supervisions are given on a weekly basis, ABA and Mental Health supervision you are given direction order to guide you through your week. The case loads that in low socioeconomic status neighborhoods are given to African American counselors in the high socioeconomic status are given to the Caucasian counselors. Which makes it difficult to diversify your skills.
Official response from Family Priority, LLC
April 20, 2018

I do agree with the comments on the strong training, I totally disagree with the other comments. I think family Priority makes every effort to assign therapist's work that is convenient to their homes and/or other clients. This policy is meant to maximize work hours for therapists and is definitely not intended to foster discrimination.

Family priority is a great establishment to work for especially if your a people person
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 15, 2012
Working with Family Priority was wonderful. It was a great organization to improve skills and add your assets that were obtained through valuable experience achieved. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the families and watching them transform from dysfunctional to a equilibrium status. However, the down set of this job was when the clients didn't achieve the goals that were agreed upon on the treatment plan.
Enjoyable work environment with endless learning opportunities
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 3, 2012
Family Priority LLC provides intensive home based counseling to youth at risk of out of home placement. It is our goal to preserve the family unit with the health and safety of each family member a top priority. My typical day at work consists of reviewing the daily notes of each counselor to ensure accuracy and that they are in accordance to state licensure requirements. I provide assistance to all employees in order to track the necessary reports and case documents. I monitor all files to ensure they are in accordance to all insurance, county and Medicaid regulations. I have learned so much while working at Family Priority such as Medicaid and insurance billing, how to track the purchase orders from each county in Northern VA, and how to delegate responsibilities within the department. The management has made working here very enjoyable and has given me so many opportunities to grow within the company. I fully enjoy knowing that we are helping families to get through some very difficult situations, and preserving the family unit.
Pros
enjoyable work environment, room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Priority, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2