Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc.

Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Love this job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Absolute love it spent 3 years there everyone is so nice and the bonus are great the higher ups are great warm feeling programs . I recommend a lot of ppl as their first career change my supervisor was supper nice .
Everyone got along a lot of activity’s for the guys most of the guys turn into family I made some
Wonderful friends I would
Never forget
Pros
The indivuals we served
Cons
If you don’t kno anyone don’t expect to grow
Rewarding Employment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYAugust 27, 2018
I have learned a lot through this agency regarding the developmental disabled environment, community and way of life. This company strives to makes their lives equal as it should be and it is rewarding to make a difference in someones life.
Horrible place of work
management (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 25, 2018
This place will use you and abuse you. Make promises and not keep them will make you come to work on your death bed. You can put in 90 hours a week and the moment you need a day off its a major problem. Upper management are cut throat its all about what team you are on. You stand next to the wrong person at an event and your boss makes comments “you were playing for the other team”. The AVP level should be wiped out and completely replaced if they want a chance at saving this place. CEO is great but needs to get the upper management level corrected.
Very short staffed
Residential Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 21, 2018
It is very stressful to deal with burn out and short staffing
They do provide training but depending on the location it may not be realistic. Nursing is a hugh issue in the program, there is not enough of nurses.
Non productive workplace
Forensic Case Manager / Day Hab Specialists DSP (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 13, 2018
Non productive workplace
Friendly co workers
Horrible management
Horrible pay
Horrible job security
Horrible health care
Do not work here !!!
Do not work here !!!
A personally rewarding place to work
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYJuly 26, 2018
This agency services people with disabilities, mental illness, day hab programs, arts, theater, etc to mention a few services. Having the ability to provide my professional expertise in Business has allowed me to service our individuals with best quality items & services in a cost conscious environment.
Pros
Flexibility, Training, Values, Management, Ability to interact with everyone and experience the successes of our individuals
A Leader in the Field of Human Services
Administration (Current Employee) –  Nassau County, NYJuly 17, 2018
As far as non-profit organizations go, Family Residences (FREE for short) is run in a very efficient way that positions it for expansive growth. This growth has allowed for FREE to provide consistent opportunities for internal growth and promotion. The only downside, however, is that operational work within the residential facilities at FREE, as with other human services organizations, is demanding and time consuming. It takes a special type of person, and you cannot be in it for the money.
great people
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYJuly 17, 2018
coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Worked with "differently abled" people which was very satisfying. Learned new skills while working for the CFO and the CLCO.
it was a long time ago, a lot might have changed
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
my experience with them was a while back. They have grown and expanded. at this point i can't formulate much of a perspective if my experience with them ended in 2007.
It was good
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYJuly 4, 2018
Until you werent needed anymore. Once you were not needed you were ignored. no matter how hard you worked, once you were no longer useful you didn't matter.
Pros
The guys you help are amazing
Cons
the staff is jaded.
Family Residences and Essential Enterprises (FREE)- great service to their individuals
Applied Behavior Specialist (full time) (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 23, 2018
As a behavior specialist at FREE, my typical day consisted of traveling to one of 6 locations that I was assigned, and sometimes multiple locations within the same day. I would write, edit and update behavior plans and psychology related documents including: psychiatric summaries, consents and levels of supervision forms etc., as needed, for the 75 or more individuals to which I was assigned. I would also provide behavioral training, crisis intervention and in-service the staff as needed. Furthermore, I also attended annual, semi-annual and interdisciplinary team meetings pertaining to the individuals to report current information and progress. I also kept records which included daily data collection and ABC(Antecedent, behavior, consequence) program notes. I would also provide counseling and develop educational goals and materials for specific individuals as needed.
At FREE, I learned to multi-task and prioritize various objectives, while collaborating with managers, supervisors and direct care workers to ensure superior quality and service for the individuals I served. The workplace culture was relaxed with much autonomy provided to the behavior specialists. Any questions or concerns were communicated at monthly supervision meetings or as needed. The most difficult part of the job was ensuring individual and staff safety during a behavioral crisis. To improve efficiency, order and safety during a behavioral crisis, I practiced crisis drills regularly, which helped staff feel more prepared and led to better outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing
  more... individuals make progress behaviorally, socially and within various areas of daily living skills.  less
Pros
autonomy, great supervision and leadership
Cons
funding issues
Eh
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 19, 2018
I did not enjoy working at FREE. Management was inappropriate and grossly unprofessional. The hourly rate was not sufficient for the amount of work expected to be done.
Good
Assisting residents (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 4, 2018
I made some really good friends and built some really good relationships with my clients during my time at FREE. Like any company, they have their ups and downs
Good job for young men and women but not a place to retire at .
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYApril 19, 2018
Good job to start off in the mental health field but due to the lack of good management and staffing issues creates a stressful environment. Company doesn’t practice what it preaches.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Not enough staff
Unfair job responsibilities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYApril 12, 2018
Rules are bent and broken for some but not others. Play by the rules, and you'll end up fired or they will make your life so miserable that you end up quitting. A real shame because the individual are amazing and they end up suffering due to terrible administration.
productive and nice very frendly staff
Assistant Manager/Cook (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 12, 2018
very
busy nice environment love my co workers good manager I enjoyed working for free I enjoyed working with mentally challenged children and adults it just wasn't enough pay for a single parent
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough pay
a decent place to work and you will get attached to the individuals served there.
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 6, 2018
very busy fast paced most days as a supervisor. some management don't believe in helping supervisors out in crisis and on the other hand some do, just depends on who you get. Hardest part of the job is the high demand of the supervisor to be many things to all people, in some cases with no assistant to help relieve you. Upper management sometimes turns a blind eye until you are at your wits ends.
Pros
Get to meet all kinds of people with all levels of abilities.
Cons
as a supervisor- covering call outs, doing reviews, long hours some days, unrealistic deadlines and demands.
Very Rewarding
DSP (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYApril 3, 2018
Working with the individuals and making their quality of life better makes what you do better. The guys in the program and how happy they are to have you as staff, make the job worth it.
Productive and fulfilling mission statement.
Manager of Contracts, HUD (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 3, 2018
Various Federal, state and local government contracts requiring keen attention and constant monitoring. Excellent communication skills and knowledge of database management as well as knowledge of basic accounting principles a must.
Pros
Easy to reach job sites.
Cons
Short lunch period.
Happy
Direct Support Professional/shift leader (Current Employee) –  Southold, NYFebruary 27, 2018
i loved working fo them it was one of my favorite positions. the company offers good benenfits good employment opprotunities and you can work when you want

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about