Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc.

Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Burnout central
management (Former Employee) –  bethpageDecember 10, 2018
If you want to get burnt out this is the place for you. Its all about politics and who’s face you smile into. You tell the truth about something and the vp level starts to attack you to demote you or force you to quit. They are vicious and vendictive. Jobs are based on who you know. You can do a horrible job but get a promotion because you whisper the right gossip into the asst vice presidents ear. CEO needs to really open his eyes to the two tiers workinf dirrectly below him because they are ruining the company.
Pitiful organization to work for: the disabled deserve better.
Associate Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYNovember 25, 2018
It was one of the worst organizations to work for as a nurse... there are extreme intense responsibilities with no managerial support: non-nursing staff were impossible to work with....and there was no understanding of nursing protocols. Horrible. In fact, I worry about the individuals’ health status due to incompetence and lack of empathy for health care needs.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
RN judgment is not respected and staff blame the nurses for everything.
Great Place to Work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYNovember 16, 2018
Staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and want you to succeed. They offer a wide range or services and are innovators of the field. Highly recommend this organization.
Program Coordinator-Day Habilitation Division (Former Employee) –  East Setauket, NYNovember 13, 2018
Been working here for over 3 years and have worked my absolute butt off yet constantly getting taken advantage of. If you’re a strong worker you’ll get taken advantage of and the other staff will slide. They are constantly making these higher up positions yet will not promote from within. The top are crooks.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Poor executive management, far removed from front line employees
good for college students
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Medford, NYOctober 29, 2018
this job is great for college students and graduates. not something to keep as a permanent job unless you can handle or have a passion for working with the mentally disabled.
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYOctober 16, 2018
A lot of the managers are young, under qualified and poorly trained which trickles down to the staff. It was a very laid back and unprofessional environment where the house lacked structure and discipline.They have a high turnover probably because their staff is underpaid compared to most other agencies. So they employ mostly young adolescents who are lazy and have a lack of interest in the job or they staff their houses through the temporary agency with untrained staff who are just fillers for the day. This makes it hard to have a routine which is essential in working with this population.
Great for relaxed environment, Bad for hours and pay
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Pay attention to when they say you have to fill in other places (double the work and same pay). Flex hours means flexible for them, not for you. The pay rate is not great, you need a second job to be able to sustain yourself. The work environment is relaxed and the people are nice. They do offer HR masters program at an awesome discount. They have many trainings and learning opportunities for their employees. Some houses are dilapidated and others are very nice. No lunch break really. You get only 2 holidays for the year and no time off except your 2 days in the week. You will most likely be working a weekend day. Rules change and management is only going to cover themselves.
Pros
learning, masters program, relaxed environment, cool people to work with
Cons
demands, pay, flex hours is only to accommodate the agency, rules change
Love this job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Absolute love it spent 3 years there everyone is so nice and the bonus are great the higher ups are great warm feeling programs . I recommend a lot of ppl as their first career change my supervisor was supper nice .
Everyone got along a lot of activity’s for the guys most of the guys turn into family I made some
Wonderful friends I would
Never forget
Pros
The indivuals we served
Cons
If you don’t kno anyone don’t expect to grow
Great job
Assist individuals (Current Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747September 15, 2018
I have learned a lot through this agency regarding the developmental disabled environment, community and way of life. This company strives to makes their lives equal as it should be and it is rewarding to make a difference in someones life.
Rewarding Employment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYAugust 27, 2018
Horrible place of work
management (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 25, 2018
This place will use you and abuse you. Make promises and not keep them will make you come to work on your death bed. You can put in 90 hours a week and the moment you need a day off its a major problem. Upper management are cut throat its all about what team you are on. You stand next to the wrong person at an event and your boss makes comments “you were playing for the other team”. The AVP level should be wiped out and completely replaced if they want a chance at saving this place. CEO is great but needs to get the upper management level corrected.
Very short staffed
Residential Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 21, 2018
It is very stressful to deal with burn out and short staffing
They do provide training but depending on the location it may not be realistic. Nursing is a hugh issue in the program, there is not enough of nurses.
Non productive workplace
Forensic Case Manager / Day Hab Specialists DSP (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 13, 2018
Non productive workplace
Friendly co workers
Horrible management
Horrible pay
Horrible job security
Horrible health care
Do not work here !!!
Do not work here !!!
A personally rewarding place to work
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYJuly 26, 2018
This agency services people with disabilities, mental illness, day hab programs, arts, theater, etc to mention a few services. Having the ability to provide my professional expertise in Business has allowed me to service our individuals with best quality items & services in a cost conscious environment.
Pros
Flexibility, Training, Values, Management, Ability to interact with everyone and experience the successes of our individuals
A Leader in the Field of Human Services
Administration (Current Employee) –  Nassau County, NYJuly 17, 2018
As far as non-profit organizations go, Family Residences (FREE for short) is run in a very efficient way that positions it for expansive growth. This growth has allowed for FREE to provide consistent opportunities for internal growth and promotion. The only downside, however, is that operational work within the residential facilities at FREE, as with other human services organizations, is demanding and time consuming. It takes a special type of person, and you cannot be in it for the money.
great people
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYJuly 17, 2018
coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Worked with "differently abled" people which was very satisfying. Learned new skills while working for the CFO and the CLCO.
it was a long time ago, a lot might have changed
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
my experience with them was a while back. They have grown and expanded. at this point i can't formulate much of a perspective if my experience with them ended in 2007.
It was good
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Old Bethpage, NYJuly 4, 2018
Until you werent needed anymore. Once you were not needed you were ignored. no matter how hard you worked, once you were no longer useful you didn't matter.
Pros
The guys you help are amazing
Cons
the staff is jaded.
Family Residences and Essential Enterprises (FREE)- great service to their individuals
Applied Behavior Specialist (full time) (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 23, 2018
As a behavior specialist at FREE, my typical day consisted of traveling to one of 6 locations that I was assigned, and sometimes multiple locations within the same day. I would write, edit and update behavior plans and psychology related documents including: psychiatric summaries, consents and levels of supervision forms etc., as needed, for the 75 or more individuals to which I was assigned. I would also provide behavioral training, crisis intervention and in-service the staff as needed. Furthermore, I also attended annual, semi-annual and interdisciplinary team meetings pertaining to the individuals to report current information and progress. I also kept records which included daily data collection and ABC(Antecedent, behavior, consequence) program notes. I would also provide counseling and develop educational goals and materials for specific individuals as needed.
At FREE, I learned to multi-task and prioritize various objectives, while collaborating with managers, supervisors and direct care workers to ensure superior quality and service for the individuals I served. The workplace culture was relaxed with much autonomy provided to the behavior specialists. Any questions or concerns were communicated at monthly supervision meetings or as needed. The most difficult part of the job was ensuring individual and staff safety during a behavioral crisis. To improve efficiency, order and safety during a behavioral crisis, I practiced crisis drills regularly, which helped staff feel more prepared and led to better outcomes. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing
  more... individuals make progress behaviorally, socially and within various areas of daily living skills.  less
Pros
autonomy, great supervision and leadership
Cons
funding issues
Eh
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 19, 2018
I did not enjoy working at FREE. Management was inappropriate and grossly unprofessional. The hourly rate was not sufficient for the amount of work expected to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about