Family Resource Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Life Skills Coach-Independent consultant
Professional Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2018
I worked as a life skills coach, independent consultant for FRC-Miami. They are dedicated professionals serving the underserved, empowering the disempowered, and assisting families.

I have high regards for them and their dedication.
Work environment sucks as a whole. There’s so much negative and evil sports working there. I would not recommend anybody to work here.!!
Child Welfare Full Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 25, 2018
The job sucks. Management is two faced. If you would die on sight I’m quite sure they wouldn’t care. There’s only two supervisors that care, the rest just care about their numbers.
Pros
Mileage, but then again that’s not really a pro.
Cons
Everything. Do not apply here
Workplace Rollercoaster
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy working with my staff because it is rewarding when we are able to assist families with services to help them to be self-sufficient and keep their children safe. It is the politics of the job that is the most difficult because there is no real support and they are looking at numbers and fail to realize we are dealing with families (children and their parents) and our recommendations weigh heavily. I have been in this field of work for over 20 years and this is the first time that I have even wanted to leave. We depend on each other as co-workers for guidance and support because it is not available with upper management.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
On-Call; Lack of confidentiality and professionalism with upper management
Very Stressful
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 17, 2018
It's a fast paced job and hours are extensively long. There are maybe 3 really helpful, informative supervisors there and the rest are horrible.In fact, those supervisors has at least one case manager quit every 9-12 weeks. Each unit consists of 5-6 case managers. There are always new faces at the agency as the agency hires new case workers to replace those that left instead of training or actually holding their supervisors accountable. In fact, those same supervisors have no idea how to manage cases of their own as they never took initiative to learn safety methodology as it was recently adopted by the state of Florida. Instead, they allow their pride to set in and instruct (not advise) their case managers incorrectly. Then throws them under the bus. I've witness it several times and often hear stories about it happening to the new case managers.

The court's demands in documents or tasks are very important and time sensitive. Service providers, schools, medical/dental facilities are also important and often make demands that conflicts with court documents, which makes the work even more challenging.

We used to receive a voucher for company shirts, sweaters, and cardigans but haven't received any in quite some time. Workers have to wait months before being reimbursed any monies used to carry out tasks for children on their cases. Obtaining documents from providers can take weeks. Case participants can be very aggressive. You will work 50 plus hours weekly and still get lip for not doing enough.

If you really need a job and have no spouse, children, hobby,
  more... or family and do not mind putting up with this stressful environment, then I would tell you to go for it at your own risk. The health/dental insurance is the best part of working here at this agency.  less
Pros
We have the best health insurance package on this planet
Cons
90% of the supervisors do not guide, assist, nor support the case workers in their unit, Management as a whole is very unorganized and communication is extremely poor.
A strength based place to work with great networking resources with community collaborations
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIMarch 10, 2018
I loved providing home visits to the community members with young children. Supporting families and children through ongoing lesson plans and developmental screenings was an exciting way to see families in their natural environments. Family values and child development fused together to strengthen our families and the community. I felt I was doing good things for my community and my family when I worked there. I needed more hours and benefits.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
no benefits
Loved what I was doing
Reflective Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 5, 2018
The company began with lots of energy and potential, just lost funding as our climate in life changes, we make adaptations. I loved my position and what was accomplished in the amount of time dedicated to this facility. Sad to see them lose funding
Very rewarding
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Started Family Resource Center as a half partner. No interviews just a lot of hard work. My partner (wife) and I developed a back yard dream into a multi million dollar organization. Thousands of hours on the phone, sending emails and mailing letters. Developing contacts with companies around the world. Picking up and delivering cargo. Warehousing products. Great atmosphere. Laid back but hard working. The hardest part was the 18 hour days. The final outcome was well worth it. Our charity helped tens of thousands over the last 28 years .Nothing better.
Pros
Helping others in need.
Cons
The position was extremely stressful
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Rossville, GAFebruary 9, 2018
As the center manager I was responsible for the well being of all children. As a place where most everyone is at poverty level as far as income. It became difficult for me to know how many of those babies would go home and not have anything to eat until they returned to school. Also, there was abuse at home for a number of the children, working with DFCS on a daily basis, knowing in most cases I could do nothing but report what was brought to my attention. It was stressful, I would have stayed though, if my daughter hadn't needed my assistance in starting up her own business. Which ended up lasting only 3 months.
Pros
Good people to work with, who worked as a team
Cons
limited to how I could help families in need
Great learning opporutnity
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Stuart, IAJanuary 19, 2018
Family resource center has allowed me to work more with people on the autism spectrum than from my previous employer. This was beneficial because this is what i am wanting to pursue for a career.
Pros
flexability
Cons
pay for respite
Lack of Communication with everyone. They have picks and chooses.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 15, 2018
Management is horrible! Lack of communication. They have a favorites and mostly hire their family or loved ones. It's not a fair place to work. Good pay, no hours or benefits.
FRC was avery relaxed enviorment to work in
Counselor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 30, 2017
FRC is a great company due to its case managers easy going attitude and laid back atmosphere the work schedule is what you make it You can work an a daily basis from 2 hours up to 24 hours
Pros
great enviorment
Helpful Non-profit Agency
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IANovember 17, 2017
This agency is helpful to people who may need services/assistance due to disabilities and/or life circumstances. Laid back place to work. Worst part of job is benefits. Best part is seeing the difference you can make in the lives of others.
Productive Environment
Office Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 30, 2017
Multicultural Environment, friendly employees. Constant communication with clients with different backgrounds. Most enjoyable part of this job is able to assist many clients in different ways.
Fun work environment
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Langley, WAOctober 25, 2017
It's a great place to work and volunteer. They do great things for families in need in the community and it's great to be a part of that. The best part is working with the kids.
Excellent job
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2017
This position included the care of children in the HRS system. This as a shelter for abused and neglected children.

I learned a lot about the foster care system.

The management of this facility was excellent.

The hardest part of this job is that the funding was determined by the state .

The most enjoyable was being able to help the children.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Gettingfunding from the state.
High work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Linden, ALOctober 9, 2017
I do not have much to say about the job I can hardly remember. I do remember that it was a program that help place high school student with after school jobs. I just so happen to work there in the actually office after school and on Saturday mornings.
supposed to be non profit but some individuals seem to profit
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VASeptember 28, 2017
company advertises that they help communities but they dont always do as they claim they receive alot off donations and community support then just pull out of certain areas also seem to pick and choose who they help i was overworked and very under paid even though i went over and above my job describtion
The case managers are team players.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 26, 2017
The case managers in the Family Resource Center at the Summit County Juvenile Court put their heart and soul into their jobs. They are all team players.
the work place is a fun enviorment to work in
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2017
A typical work day is working in a stressful environment with high case loads and demanding job assignments. Some times you may be in the field more than half of the day, other times you may spend all day in court waiting for your case to be called. Some days you are in the office doing paper work..it just depends on what kind of day it is for you, The most enjoyable part of the job is reunifying the children with their families. You learn to work with different people and cultural backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is having to keep the children away from their families until permanency is reached,.
Nice place to work and teach.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSSeptember 17, 2017
Was a very stressful job teaching 20 kids every day that were at risk students. But, the interaction with students and seeing that the task at hand was mastered was very fulfilling.

I learned how to be patient and kind when dealing with students who were out of hand. These kids were resilient and my work with them always paid off.

Our management was okay, a lot of the skills that they did not have were compassion and direction.
Pros
A nice place to work.
Cons
Lack of compassiono and direction.