Family Security Credit Union Employee Reviews

Terrible work atmospheric
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mobile County, ALMay 20, 2019
Company has an high turn over rate. Their training program does not teach you what you need to know. Unable to learn due to lack of staff. Employee work environment negative. No time off for health or personal life.
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALFebruary 20, 2019
A great place to work but I'm looking for Full-time hours. Co-workers are friendly and always willing to help. Part-time hours work right now for me having two part-time jobs. It is quiet at times, then it gets really busy. Love the work pace leaves you always on your toes.
Cons
part-time, no health benefits.
Not worth it
Teller (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALNovember 19, 2018
Management does not care about employees at all and the pay is lower than other area banks. It is not worth it. The job is stressful enough without having to be constantly short handed.
Pros
Insurance is good and resonable
Cons
Not enough help and bad management
Fun Place to Work
Bilingual Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 18, 2018
I liked working for Family Security Credit Union, but I left to work for another company because I needed more hours and more pay. It is a smaller bank.
customer service
Vault Teller / Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 15, 2018
managers dont fight for employees positions. the company does not allow you to make a mistake and re start probation if a employee makes a honest mistake
Pros
Cons
all
Great place to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALMay 5, 2018
It is a great place to work for. Everyone is very nice and helpful. Everyone wants you to succeed and become a better person. You can ask anyone a question.
Terrible company
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 4, 2018
Predjudice and cuthroat. They only care about themselves and will never grow or compete with other credit unions. Worse job in the world. Will never advise anyone to work here.
Cons
Growing in the company???
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 1, 2018
They talk of advancement opportunities but there really isn't any unless you live near the main office. You have to learn things on your own and there's not any real training to help you advance.
Pros
I love the members and helping people
Cons
Over worked and under paid
Let go without any idea it was even coming!
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  North AlabamaFebruary 26, 2018
Took a job as a teller after working as a teller at other banks and credit unions for years. FSCU has an outdated system and the training is just a little bit lacking although the trainer is very nice. Went to the branch I was hired for and was never really welcomed. It may have been me, may have been them, I don't know, but I do know I was never included in their family. The system they use is redundant and slow, so if you've worked anywhere else, it will be hard to unlearn technology and go back 15 years. Anyway, be careful taking a job with them, I left a job that wouldn't have let me go to go to work for a company that will fire you for no good reason. Seriously, the actual reason I was given on a Friday at 545 was " You're just not picking things up as fast as we'd hoped." Now, understand, I had not been told ANYTHING about doing anything better, had not been written up, nothing. So, before you leave a job to go to work for these people, you may want to have another job lined up.
Pros
They have a good BCBS plan
Cons
Ummm, they'll fire you without cause.
Very low pay and Horrible atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 25, 2018
Worked years for the company and decided to leave because the new fast food place was hiring at the same rate I was making with two pay raises. All management feels they are too good to help you with problems and then gets mad at you for making mistakes because you didn't have proper guidance. They also will pick on new people that don't 'fit' in making the turnover even worse than it already is. They expect way too much from you for the pay that they offer.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay Rate, Overall Atmosphere
Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALFebruary 10, 2018
I worked for the company for 6 months, only because I moved back to Georgia. The people are really genuine and care for their employees and their members. My branch manager was wonderful and very understanding of my personal life, HR are also really genuine and understanding of others. This is the first job that every one in the company actual treats you like a human and not just another addition to help benefit the company.. I LOVE MY FSCU family and truly miss you all.
Pros
Higher Management and HR
Cons
Fast pace but lacking in training
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albertville, ALSeptember 15, 2017
The head teller did not give appropriate training for a drive through teller. Training needs to improve and inappropriate treatment to tellers on the floor in front of customers and coworkers. Any issues should be addressed off the floor.
Benefits are great
Teller (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 24, 2017
Benefits are great everything else is not.
If you'd like to work for a company that strives for being inconsistent this is the place for you. Management is lacking, pay is even worse, advancement is slow at best.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Management
Ok at first
Teller, Head Teller, Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 18, 2017
I don't really have a lot to say about FSCU. I did learn a lot of valuable work related skills. It was a good job. Pay was ok. Work environment could be stressful on some days.
Just Okay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Gardendale, ALFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at Family Security, but unless you work at a Northern Alabama branch there is no room for advancing your career here. Pay was not great at all. The best part was the benefits and insurance (BCBS of AL and VSP vision insurance). Training was not sufficient.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
Pay, work life balance
Very friendly staff.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALJanuary 20, 2017
Very friendly staff, fun environment, great benefits. Everyone gets along. Nice dress code. Stress free environment.
Management role
Branch Manager Vault Supervisor Senior Teller II (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 2, 2017
Great coworkers and friendly environment. Most enjoyable part was helping customers with their financial goals. Hardest part of job was juggling too many jobs with no attempts by senior management to improve the lack of personnel.

What I learned most about management is how to better communicate with staff and customers and get positive results.
Pros
Work hard and advance quickly with good compensation for efforts.
Cons
Consistently understaffed and overworked.
great benefits, wish pay was better
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 18, 2016
The schedule is good, managers work with you as much as possible, GREAT benefits. The only downside I can offer is the pay, I wish it had been slightly higher for the amount of work done.
Pros
bonuses, free lunches, advancement, great benefits
Cons
pay
Bad
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 12, 2016
minimum training bad management outdated technology. majority of members are Hispanic so its almost necessary you speak fluent Spanish. infrastructure of company is old and outdated.
Great place to work!
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALMarch 1, 2016
At this job I learned to be very detail oriented because there is not much that is more important to people than their money!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Security Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Security Credit Union Reviews by Location