Family Service Agency Employee Reviews

Trainee.
MFT&LPCC Trainee/Intern (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 6, 2018
Great experience working at school based sites where I learned a lot about the community in the area and learned a lot of clinical skills working with clients with various presenting problems.
The work they do is often
Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 26, 2018
Great contracts that are able to help people but very hard to keep contract. Management is very laid-back and very trusting of their employees lets you run your own groups very good place to work very nice people to work with
Pros
The client
Cons
Contracts being pulled
family service agency
Psychotherapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 14, 2018
Family service agency provides counseling as a united way agency. They provide individual and family counseling, domestic violence classes, anger management.
Fair company to work for
Advance Planning and After Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEApril 3, 2018
You get what you put into your job.

Pay based on commission and very few of the public walk into the office to pre-plan.

The hardest part of the job is generating leads.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public.
Pros
manage your own hours
Cons
commission based
Great place to learn the profession
Therapist (Current Employee) –  PhoenixMarch 3, 2018
Family Service Agency is not a "bad" place to work. It is a non-profit agency that suffered from poor leadership. Job security at this agency is a concern, as it is not in a secure financial state. Employees are not even offered automatic deposit due to the company's financial situation.
Pros
Accumulate hours for licensure fast
Cons
Low wages, overworked, agency-centered
Unprofessional
Medical Records/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Not the best place to work. Management likes to avoid helping when needed. Likes to over work staff. Under paid. Will post your job on line before they decide to let you go after working there for years. Unprofessioal and shady.
Pros
Pto and monday/friday work
Cons
no support management
Stressful place to work
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 27, 2018
Sometimes clients would cancel and i wouldn't know until i got to their home because my managers wouldn't call to let me know. I was doing very hard labor for only $9.00
The work culture is more like a small family
Licensed Professional Counselor (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 10, 2017
We all work together to help our clients. We also work together to help each other out knowing that we all have families outside of work. Opinions were valued.
None given
In-Home Program Supervisor - Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
None given at this time. Company has lost their In Home Family Preservation Program contract with Department of Child Services and people are being laid off.
Opinions regarding Family Service Agency
Marriage/family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CADecember 1, 2017
Management was great. Weekly supervision for therapists was excellent. Working conditions were sometimes poor. Working with students during school hours many times did not provide us with an appropriate setting to provide help for the students we were seeing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the juvenile offenders court system whereas I was part of the weekly court hearing. The judge would interview each prisoner as to what he or she was doing to change their life style. I was available to any juvenile offender who expressed an interest in seeing me.
Pros
Interesting work. Helping juveniles
Cons
School sometimes hindered us from providing counseling for needy students.
They still owe me wages
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2017
Company was managed so poorly it lost contracts and when they laid people off, several people including myself were not paid monies owed. I called, sent emails, went in person and was paid a little but not all. No advancement. Not honest. I would not recommend anyone work here unless you want to work for free
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
Management has no people skills
stay away
Family Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2017
The upper management is awful. They have no compassion for the employee or foster work-life balance. They only care about the bottom line and demand high billables without adequate compensation to their employees.
Helping Families in need
Credit Counseling Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 11, 2017
While at the Family Service Agency I worked with clients having credit problems. I was able to offer them credit counseling while also negotiating with their creditors to help them to reduce their financial issues and debt.

It was a rewarding job, helping people, but offered no potential for advancement.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No position advancement
Interns only...
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 8, 2017
This place (from when I was there) had no real full-time clinician positions. Instead, they just offered part-time clinical hours to any MFTI's that were available in exchance for clinical supervision. It's a good place for your practicuum experience...but if you want to get hired, go elsewhere.
Pros
Nice office building in Burbank
Cons
No pay as a intern
Visitaation Supervisor
Visitation Facilitator/Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 13, 2017
AT first very family orientated work place, we were all a team, towards the end the director was holrrible, mean and did not want to work with families so she began to shut the program down.
Clinical Support Staff/ Billing person (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2017
Good place to work, good people working there, Nice clients and good job experience. Good pay and over all a good place to go for services that you would need.
Organized, helpful, respectful
School-based Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 18, 2017
The schools I worked for had good principals and my supervisor was excellent. I gained greater skills in counseling. Management was available and helpful. The culture was fine. The hardest part of the job was trying to help students when parents weren't actively involved. The most enjoyable were seeing students excel.
Pros
The company I worked for was helpful and respectful
Cons
None that I can recall
Wonderful supportive group
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 30, 2017
I enjoyed working at Family Service Agency. They are a very supportive group. I enjoyed all of the programs that helped people and enjoyed all of the opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Positive environment. Supportive knowledgeable staff.
chill work place with drama not enough pay
suport staff (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72114April 9, 2017
Management is hardly involved, pay isn't great, HR Lady is not very helpful or responsive. too much work not enough staff. Agency is failing therefore many folk got laid off
Everyone is very kind
Helper (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Friendship is a major dynamic at FSA and I feel like I can call my co-workers my friends. The hardest part about working for FSA is getting shifts with hours that are compatible with your schedule.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Late hours