FAMILY TREE FARMS Employee Reviews

productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 6, 2019
typical day under hot sun picking fruit
work place culture
the hardest part of the day is working under hot sun for long periods of time
filling boxes with fruit
Cons
short breaks
Liked the work environment
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 26, 2018
Temp to hire work nice atmosphere and working conditions liked the staff there and working was fun and a new learning experience good to get your foot in the door
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Temporary work
Friendly place to work
grafting/picking (Former Employee) –  Dinuba, CANovember 24, 2018
Nice family owned friendly and safe work environment staff is well trained and fast paced.i would go back to work for the company next season if given the chance to go back.
Pros
Fast paced
I didnt enjoy it. Bunch of drama with workers. The supervisors are rude
Fruit packer (Former Employee) –  Dinuba, CAAugust 20, 2018
I didnt enjoy it. Bunch of drama with workers. The supervisors are rude. Too competitive in the meaning that employees fight for the fruit to make more boxes or theres lazy people that just add drag.
Was excited to get a call to work here. Was looking forward to long hours and alot of overtime as this is what i think most people think of come the s
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAAugust 4, 2018
I was excited to get a call to start work here. I was looking forward to long hours and overtime. As i yhink most are when the season comes. Thry promised it to pick up but never did and then gave assigned days off so the work week and paycheck got smaller. I understand nature is unpredictable but i feel like they were dishonest to keep people hanging on hoping for work they knew wast coming. Since i left 3-4 weeks ago it has not picked up...smh
Cons
Just not knowing
It was pretty easy at a good work pace
Clerk Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAJuly 12, 2018
A typical work day get their 10-15 minutes before clock in time or sooner because finding a parking spot was hard sometimes. Management was tough sometimes, but understandable. Workplace culture both but mostly hispanics, but made it nice because almost every week their was a pot lot with lots of delicious food. I guess the hardest part for everyone is always the last hours of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the check at the end of the week and the over time of if it was peace work we would get pay extra.
Pros
Free food
Cons
seasonal job
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Dinuba, CAJune 28, 2018
This year 2018 was my second season working in the blueberry department. As I mentioned it is a cold storage quick paste and standing for a long amount of time.
Fun, friendly with other friendly people.
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, CAJune 26, 2018
Working at Family Tree Farms was a good working experience. That was my first job. We would pick fruit from six in the morning until three in the afternoon. We would take two breaks throughout that day. The first break was thirty minutes and our second break would be 15 minutes. The hardest part about the job would be the weather, we are fully clothed in one hundred degree weather. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendship you make with other people in the job.
Pros
Take little breaks as many times as you feel like you need.
Cons
The weather, Outdoors.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAMay 6, 2018
It was nice working with them. They are pretty understandable with personal situations.

They give the necessary breaks so people can rest. Supervisors are very helpful.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Fast paced and extremely physical
Packer/Grader (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAApril 5, 2018
My job started off the first week with 12 hour shifts five days a week and was exhausting for myself. I was under the impression that if i worked over 8 hours on a daily basis that i would be getting those extra hours in overtime and i was apparently mistaken. The way they calculate their overtime hours is they add 8 hours from each day worked in a week and whatever hours are left after the 40 hours are what they pay in overtime.
Review on Family Tree Farms
Farm Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pierce City, MOJanuary 30, 2018
The managers are great. Everyone is friendly and understanding, I left to become a welder but its a fun job for a teenager or someone who's trying to earn some cash!
Pros
Great Management
Cold Storage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CA 93654December 20, 2017
Enjoyed the staff and supervisors were extremely helpful. Hardest part of the job was the hours and 6 day weeks but they pay well so it all evens out.
Working at Family Tree Farm
PALLETIZER (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CADecember 13, 2017
This is a family owned business that packs the fruit they grow. I worked for them at the end of the fruit season this year. I would have continued if possible but the season ended.
productive and respectful workplace
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Reedley, CAOctober 12, 2017
managment is great and respect.
i enjoy going to work.
workplace is very respectful
the hardest part of the job is the hours 2am-10:30
most enjoyable part are the people i work with.
Pros
People i work for are very friendly and helpful
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Dedication Required
Assistant / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAJune 22, 2017
It is a really good place to work if you have really good dedication. We work really long hour and get constant double time. The job is seasonal so during the winter theirs is no jobs.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Seasonal
great packing house
Packer (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAMarch 31, 2017
very welcoming floorladys and co workers Always showing positive behaver and ready to learn on packing new fruit
always on time and stay productive .
Hard work teaches discipline and science behind agriculture.
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, CAMarch 16, 2017
It's an extremely physical job. It is also very stressful on the human body. Heavy work hours. Overtime is expected and required. This job taught me discipline and how to enjoy the little things in life and strengthened my morals. Also gave me a greater drive to improve my self in all Areas. Also taught me how to work on plants and how to appreciate the science behind agriculture.
Pros
Fruit
Cons
Extreme working conditions
very productibe environment
Packer-Sorter (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAJanuary 23, 2017
The supervisors and everyone would focus on the employees need and would make sure they were happy and stress free to work harder and to be more productive.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Goshen, CAOctober 25, 2016
It is a very good job! It is an enjoyable job but can get a little rough at times. The work community was also very good and helpful. A lot of hard working, a lot of hours, and a lot of money!
Pros
Money Maker
Cons
Long Hours
Productive work place
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAOctober 21, 2015
Placing finished packed product onto pallets ready for shipment. I learned hard work is appreciated. Management is good keeping everything flowing smooth. Co-Workers were fun to work with and productive. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new people from other towns.