Family and Children's Association

Family and Children's Association Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews

Supportive staff with a focus on positive culture

Worked there for over 7 years. Worked my way through 5 different programs. Always had supportive management staff within the specific programs who are supportive of your growth. Very good work/life balance and A LOT of PTO. HR is supportive and makes you feel validated with any issues. The professional and personal growth you can experience is well worth it. Tough time leaving.

Amazing clients but rigid work schedule

As an in home counselor your, job depends on the families weekend and after school availability. This was very limiting for me as I have children and need a steady 9-to-5 job with 40 hours. The program doesn’t allow for more than 19 hours. I loved working with the clients, I really make a difference in their lives. I just wish the program was structured differently.

Pros

Ability to work remote

Cons

Per diem not full-time, lots of traveling to clients

Family and Children's Association insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

I felt great, giving back to kids in need of help in all areas.

Overall, great place to work at. The kids are the most important part of the program.You have to enjoy working with kids for this job. Full time or part time you'll enjoy what you do.

Pros

Actively busy with the kids. Planning events 'outdoor activities etc.

Rewarding but stressful

Love my coworkers and supervisors. Short-staffed in terms of support services for the children. Sometimes clients are waiting months on end prior to receiving services. Overall a good experience though.

Great work atmosphere

The program that I worked was a great place. I loved the closeness of co workers who all worked together to get the job done in the right way. Everyone taught each other

Pros

Understood work/life balance

Cons

Program closed down

Great place to start out

* A great place to develop social work skills. You get to work with youth in developing independent living skills. This requires home visits, and facilitating weekly workshops for them, including food and transportation. * The culture here is more inclusive and friendly than most - you'll see the president of the company at the annual Thanksgiving dinner here.

Pros

Free food occasionally, great work environment, management cares about employees

Cons

Late nights when workshops are held, long periods of driving

Family and children’s Association

Fully involved with families looking to have great outcomes for their children. Always looking for ways to bring families more together and give the parents skills they need to take care of their children.

Fun and Caring Staff

FCA provided a great learning environment for a student intern. The staff were helpful and provided great insight into the social work field. A recommended resource

N/a

per-diem staff can make their own schedule, and get cases assigned close to their house making it a smooth and convenient transition, and very flexible

Working for the People

Great place to work. Good work/life balance. Flexibility with schedule and benefits are great. Health Benefits need some improvement or renegotiating, but otherwise great Loved my co-workers. Work was also fun (in and out of the office).

Disaster: Manipulative & Misleading

I would never recommend anybody to work for this agency if they are going into the Mental Health field. This agency is horrible and it was the worst 2 months of my life. There’s a lot of things I can say that’s bad about this company: Pros: Pay is good. That’s the only thing that’s healthy & good about this company. Cons: They don’t want you to work “on the clock”, pick & choose what to pay you for, they don’t want to pay you for every mile of traveling you do they shave off your mileages to rip you off, they say they have an “open door policy” but they don’t, they say different information in person & in email, controlling environment, your not allowed to go to HR about anything even if it’s pertaining to employee benefits everything has to be spoken to your supervisor first if not you get scolded for it, even if they don’t know anything. Just an overall disgusting environment

Outstanding

Excellent I.had to relocate to a different state concerning family members health. However, if this situation had not occurred I would be there now.

Very good.

It was a great experience to work there. Staff and Director was very exceptional. Sorry that the program closed due to budget cuts. I truly miss the time and client experience that I came to know and work with.

I have been working for the agency for 10 years since 2009. Started as a UOC/Universal On Call. Made alot of hours at that position Started in 2015 in a new CR. Very happy but miss those extra hours. Would the opportunity to apply for 42 hrs instead of 36 hrs per pay period. But a pleasure working for FCA. A lovely and supportive agency to work for. .

A place for the champion

Productive ,excellent and enjoyable place to work. Nice and effective management system. Good staff training and development program. A place to work

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Great experience

My time here was short because it was grant based, but i loved it. The experience i got taught me a lot, and coworkers were always willing to help out whenever needed.

Decent work environment.

Great experience. Great coworkers. Low pay. My time at Family and Children's Association was great for gaining experience. Pay was low with little room for advancement.

great palce to work for.

family &children's is one of the greatest non-profit organization in Nassau County, NY. great staff and supervisor wonderful place to gain knowledge and get support.multicultural workplace. I gained a lot of experience from my CEO and my supervisor, they were always there to help each one of the company employee .always smiling and how fast they used to respond to client's conflict. great place to work.

great place to work

FAC is a great place to learn. Management is always willing to help and guide you in the right direction. the clients we work for are grateful and amazing

Great Place to Work

Great atmosphere to work. You will gain valuable social support experience. Staff is collaborative and working with the clientele is rewarding. Flexible work schedule

A good place to work, but not a career.

The agency provides numerous benefits to it's employees, and the culture is very accommodative and positive. The only real gripe I have with my specific program (PINS Diversion), is that there is little long lasting incentive to stay in the program. There are not raises, and because of the size of the program, there is little room for advancement. Although the agency is overall pretty remarkable, these positions seem to be starter jobs for those looking to become licensed and then move on. In short, great place to work, great pay for what I'd consider an entry level job, but little opportunity for advancement so there is not too much incentive to remain a long term employee.

Common questions about Family and Children's Association

Answered by current and former employees at Family and Children's Association

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family and Children's Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits