Famous Brands Intl Employee Reviews

General Manager
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  albany, nyDecember 4, 2018
Daily tasks included making sure each location had the appropriate amount of yogurt pulled and toppings prepped for the day. Also had to ensure that all yogurt was prepared for the school pick ups, if it was the applicable day for pick ups.

On truck order days, had to make sure to set aside time to order and receive in trucks.

Coworkers were great, the owner had no clue how to run the business and often would suggest ideas that cost more money than it made.
Pros
Free food from Five Guys while on the clock
Cons
Owner
Fun job at a yogurt shop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAAugust 29, 2018
Was my first job, was a fun experience too. It was a very fast paced job that required the employees to run the shop alone during shifts. Grateful to be thrown into such a stressful environment without experience for such demanding situations because I was forced to learn how to maintain control and provide friendly productive service for customers. Also, free yogurt, so...... there are worse jobs. ;)
Good first job
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2018
a typical work pace for morning and night shifts tends to be slow but relaxing, giving you time to get all of your tasks done. Normally mid/afternoon shifts are focused on cashier work. Management is very good with positive conversations and helpful supervision, making you feel more comfortable compared to some other jobs. The hardest part of the job would be the cleaning but that is all food places, so really its easy. i enjoyed this job due to the relaxed environment.
Pros
discounts
several things
Portrait Editor/Inventory Supervisor/Seller (Former Employee) –  Littlerock, CAAugust 28, 2018
I did several fundraisers in high school, most of which were under Famous Brands. the brands included are: Great American, Mrs. Fields, and Jelly Bellies. I was also apart of yearbook so had to work with the yearbook brand as well.
Pros
I got prizes
Cons
was short on the time frame for selling, sometimes took forever for orders to come in.
Positive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington,NCSeptember 12, 2018
Coming in to work every day smiling. Your always happy with your co-workers happy everyday. When you work hard to achieve a goal you always celebrate your accomplishments in a different way than others.
Pros
Free food, positive attitudes
Productive and fun
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 10, 2018
Typical day at work depends on weather, it can be super busy or super slow. Management is decent, but good overall. I've learned a lot from when I started with treating customers right and being there with an answer even if it takes me a while to find it.
Simple tasked work place that encouraged self manangment
Shift Lead. I (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 15, 2018
A typical day at TCBY included cleaning, serving customers, and leading the staff through shifts. I learned to manage shifts throughout the night as well as enhance my customer service skills. The workplace was easy and the members got along well. This was an easy job and overall benefited my work ethic.
Good brand
Sales Assistant (Summer Work & Travel Program) (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 2, 2018
The TCBY is a good brand but the management in a store was horrible. Hard deliveries, long lines sometimes, but the products we were selling was very good
Bakery. Very good quality of baking products.
Supervisor-Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILJune 25, 2018
A great place to work.
It was a bakery atmosphere. Love the baking aspect .
Cookies, cakies, and brownies. Quality baked goods. Loved the aroma it created thru the mall.
Pros
Free sampling.
Cons
No benefits.
Fast pace,
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 1, 2018
This was a fun place to work. Enjoyed baking and decorating the cookies and brownies. Also enjoyed the shakes that we made. Opening and closing of the store was good as well.
Muy bien hamboente de trabajo con muy buena gente
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 2, 2018
Muy bien ligar para aprender so re el servicio al cliente
Pros
Seguro medico, dental y de vista
Cons
Problemas para ir a descanzo y problemas con coordinadores
Updated systems
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2018
They are in desperate need of an updated Point of sales system. Also they seem very unorganized with what is available for owners and unwilling to change or update protocols.
Average Job
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simsbury, CTMarch 14, 2018
Depressing Environment, The epitome of Wage Slavery. Nothing is ever good enough. Not enough hours for the tasks required. I had to work off the clock to make management happy.
Pros
Slightly above average pay
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Self Employeed
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 10, 2018
The company was fine to work for. Not very supportive. I owned a franchise and ran the business myself.

I cleaned all of the machines. Was responsible for ordering inventory. Worked all day helping customers. Hardest part of the job was working by myself. I am a very outgoing person and found that part very lonely.

Customer service was my favorite part!
Not a very supportive environment
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 21, 2018
Declining to comment. Not a very supportive environment concerning: Job Work/Life Balance
great environment
Shift Supervisor - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 15, 2017
great place to work, fun environment, great co-workers.

Responsible for waiting on customers in the store and drive thru, making products, running the cash register, stocking products, store cleanliness, delivering nightly deposits to the bank and balancing/recording end of day sales figures. Also responsible for store opening and closing duties.
first job
Baker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 18, 2018
great for my first job in high school. its in the mall with flexible hours and includes tips. i thought it was pretty legit................................
its a slow but quick pace job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 24, 2017
the customers were overall great but the management were very selective and would great a lot of drama within the company. some of the employees were very nice and easy going but a lot wouldn't like the management team and leave within a few weeks.
Pros
some good people
Cons
very poor managment
Be warned
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2017
My experience with Mrs. Fields should not be an be reflected on the company as a whole. I believe the reason why I hated that job and had a miserable experience is due to the management, not the company. I worked in a franchise, not a corporate location which would probably make a huge difference in management.
Pros
Free cookies
Cons
No breaks, poor management, terrible work environment
Would not recommend
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
Worked for this company as a general manager. Operations manager is a piece of work. She will lie, over exaggerate situations and will talk down to you as if you're a child. If you want any health insurance or Paid time off its non existent. This company would be much more successful if they treated employees as human beings with compassion and hired an operations manager with a better attitude. You cant expect people to give a company 100% effort when they are being mistreated. Go else where with better pay and better company values.
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
Upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Brands Intl. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about