Famous Dave's Employee Reviews

Hard to balance life
Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 20, 2018
I love the people that work there. When management changed it all went down hill and lost spunk. Things changed without people knowing inspected you to know without teaching. But overall it made me become a stronger and harder worker and more independent.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No healthcare no organization
Wish they didn't close
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 18, 2018
This was the best job I've ever had. The franchise closed in my city. I was a manager. I knew this food in and out. Worked from a prep cook up. Great company. Will always cherish my time there.
great people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 15, 2018
the best part of working there was that everyone got along and got the work done no matter what but was always a fast paced environment. Food was always hot and fresh made daily not much was frozen got a good deal of cooking bbq here for sure
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 13, 2018
Very pleasant work environment.

I liked working A lot of hours.

Discounts on food.

Team members were good to work with

Overall, a good experience.
Good management team
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
Good work place. Work environment is good management team is great. Great training as well . Good pay as well as medical benefits would work there again and recommend.
Pros
Medical
Benefits
Famous Dave’s was a positive learning experience.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 31, 2018
Famous Dave’s was a great company to work for. I started out as a server and management noticed my hard work and dedication and prompted me to management in less than a year.
fast paced
lead / maintenance (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 30, 2018
greeting customers starting off with dish in the am moving on to maintenance in the afternoon along with food prep and take out customer service as needed.
Fun
Grill Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117July 25, 2018
Good place to work when working with the right staff. Fast paced and you get free food. But people always called out a lot so sometimes you would be working multiple stations.
you can make $ if you work for it.
Server (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 23, 2018
if you work hard odds are you get tipped better, than if you were being lazy. Customer and coworkers notice when you slack off and don't help.. do the cut work right the first time. If you don't want to work go home.
Pros
discounts
Cons
should be free weight gain, so expensive but so good
good place to work in the summer
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 23, 2018
During the spring/ summer months is when Famous Daves is a good place to work. That being said you will work the hardest during those months due to the people coming in for BBQ cuisine and refreshing lemonade/ tea. The management is pretty easy going if you do your job and are reliable. Hardest part of the job is staying upbeat due to the heat, and the most enjoyable part of the job is that the restaurant does not stay open late.
Great part-time job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 22, 2018
Great for part-time work,.. pretty fun working environment... when i worked there they only hired part-time staff for insurance purposes, which isn't enough to provide for a family..
Hostile place to work in
Server, Host, Bartender (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2018
Management is horrible, if you dont sell you get threatened with getting your days taken away. One manager favors women. Ive been there 4 years and hate going into work. To much work for what you get paid. Theres nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Little money, bad attitudes from management
Productive fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work at full of energy.You never stop learning. Best manager ever. Great spirit company. Going home because you miss everybody. The employees and guest.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay ok. Bonus great
It’s a fun job, but stressful
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRJuly 20, 2018
Famous Dave’s culture is all about teamwork and providing the customer with a full awesome experience, but it’s too stressful sometimes because of the rush. Sometimes people thinks it’s our fault that the restaurant doesn’t have something and blames us. We live out of tips, having a salary of $2.13 (and sometimes just earning $20 weekly), and people doesn’t consider that. Sometimes it’s unfair.
Cons
No benefits
Great co-workers, poor management
Server (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 13, 2018
I have been at Famous Dave's for years now. It's a promote within type business, which I find is fair. Lately the (new) manager (who I feel does a poor job) is hiring off the streets, not giving the hosts/take-out an opportunity to be promoted. We are very short staffed, and once you become a server, there will be no more promotions. They have had the same five bartenders, they get paid more hourly and they don't tip-out hosts or expos. They keep everything they make. Servers and bartenders use the expos but servers are the only one's who tip the expo. The people you work with are good people, people who you make friends with and want to see outside of work. Management is poor overall, there is no backbone or authority when something is done incorrectly.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, short staffed (always working) poor management
Fun, relaxed, family-like environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 11, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I have been part of the Famous Dave's family for almost 8 years. This was my first job in high school. They really are like my second family.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Can be slow at times
It was ok there
Cook/Prep/catering (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2018
It is an ok place to work. I learned a little bit about a different style of cooking. The staff was ok to work with the management or should I say the new management I'm not to find of.
Feels like family
Server (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 2, 2018
Working here has always been fun, everyone gets along really well. The problem lies in that you only make money if the restaurant is busy and people are tipping well. Otherwise, you are basically working for free.
Liked the job. Not enough $
To go (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 28, 2018
I hate restraunt jobs .... people are rude ... but it was overall a good experience and i love bbq... i cleaned tables then moved to to go.. alot more hetic
Pros
Good people
Cons
Really busy
Great company to work for
Full time waitress (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working in many areas of the restaurant learning the food Prep and cooking. Good managers and food also. Great company to work for and experience.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
not alot of income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Dave's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight