Famous Enterprises (Famous Supply/JFGood/PPHI) Employee Reviews

Busy but fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2018
My typical work day is fast paced, hands on, and I learn a lot from the people I work with. We make it a point to have fun at work, while making sure our work is done and the customers are taken care of. It's like working with a big family every day.
Pros
We have pot lucks on a regular basis, my managers understand what I do, & it's like a big family here
Cons
Long hours, sometimes stressful
Work hard for the money--really hard.
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 17, 2016
the pay for driver is abysmal, considering they send you to the most dangerous delivery spots imaginable. I have delivered to the sides of mountains, down closed in alleys, to people's homes, to dangerous job sites. DOT should inspect their equipment and truck loads. COnstantly shipping out materials the trucks cannot handle, and always over weight. Two times I was sent out with physical issues (pancreatitis and a bloody ankle due to transporting their sheet metal) and the management didn't care. Get the delivery done, even if you get sick on the run.

Oh, violating the federal hours limitation rule is okay too as long as Famous gets the products delivered.

The day I had to hand load about 1000 pounds of sewer pipe by myself in the middle of a snow storm in their Akron warehouse was the day I knew this was a really really bad place to work.

The hardest 2 years of my life.

Oh, did I mention carrying plumbing pipes made of steel copper and iron by hand, with no help?

Trucks are in major disrepair, and workers are driven till they drop.

So, do you really even need to hear more?

Yeah, it's that bad. WHy do you think they keep running ads for drivers?
Pros
Lunch time?
Cons
Low pay, cheap owners, bad management, dangerous delivery routes