Famous Footwear Employee Reviews

Found 1,264 reviews matching the search See all 1,298 reviews
Good company for experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2018
This is a good job for experience. The advancement is slow and most is determined by analytics that fluctuate on customers entering the store and completing a transaction. Management was average with little to no teaching moments on how to improve, only “do a better job next time...”
Typical Retail
Assistant Manager, I (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 17, 2018
Retail hours with sometimes short staffing due to allowable payroll hours. District Management needs to support retail store managers when new layouts are space restricted.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
retail hours
Productive work place
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 16, 2018
It was an okay job just like any other retail job. Good emloyees but not a lot of hours. The job was worth it for the manager position but half of the team was not always on the same page and we ll do not work the same day so it was hard to be on the same page and make sure what had to be done got done
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAOctober 15, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Famous Footwear. I was able to learn how to talk and assist customers and learn how to work a register. It was a great environment to work in.
It was a easy job to handle
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
It was always a regular day. I learn how to work in customer service. Managment was good with certain mangers other wasn't to nice. Hardest part wasn't really a hard part to it. Enjoy part is be able to keep the store clean.
Overall great work enviroment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
highly recommend to anybody looking for a retail position. every day was new day, from helping customers to different projects around the store.company provided some of the best training in the industry
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Famous footwear was a great place and excellent experience. I learned how to communicate with people i also learned how to micro manage my time. It was an great experience
Pros
Learned how to manage my time
Cons
To far of a drive
Typical Day
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60502October 11, 2018
Very busy when it is near to holidays or back to school or during the summer. Once it is very slow, hours tend to go down. Tasks are very easy and store usually gets busy.
Pros
A lot of hours during holiday season and summer
Cons
low in hours once seasons are over
It's Fun at times...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 9, 2018
The vibe of the store depends on the location, over all my managers are great! What sucks is that there are no raises, cool thing is that they pay mileage....that's about it.
okay place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 8, 2018
when i worked at famous footwear i hated my manager and a employee that was currently working there at the time. I hated dealing with her she made things so difficult for me
No work life balance, long hours, stressful
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNOctober 8, 2018
Store managers must work basically all weekends and holidays. You are expected to make up for low budgeted hours by working more hours during slow periods and sending your hourly employees home. You then are expected to work more during peak season. Expect to work 60 to 70 hours a week often with no breaks and you will be paid for 40. If you don't have a family I guess it is doable.
Pros
401k, employee discount
Cons
awful hours, store managers often work 60-70 hours per week
Job for high school or people not trying to make a living. Only store managers get money.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 8, 2018
Store associates are not paid enough, assistant managers are not paid enough when expected to do the store managers job. There is no opportunities for advancement. Also, when store gets robbed no resources to help associates get counseling or followed up with to see how employee or customer is doing.
Pros
Discount on shoes, working with public
Cons
Poor pay, benefits, no raises for a year and that isn't what your told in an interview
Was a good job for the time being.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 7, 2018
It wasn't a bad job. I just wasn't a big fan of selling shoes forever. It was a good environment when I worked with good people. It was a pretty laid back position as well.
Overall positive work setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 5, 2018
I worked as a cashier and also assisted customers on the floor. Most difficult part was trying to reach your accessories numbers. I enjoyed my coworkers and managers here.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Meeting numbers
Requires a hard worker
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 5, 2018
Been with the company about 3 years and have done a lot within the company. It's a wonderful company to grow in but it is also a company that if you work too hard the always growing expectations can be daunting and really hurt that work/life balance.

My biggest complaint is the loss prevention. Even when you're at your best with connecting with customers there are still those who get product from you.
My second complaint would be towards our Payroll, running larger stores on the bare minimums is easily the hardest part of the job. It is hard to succeed when your team consists of merely 4-5 people for a large establishment.

Our teams, when we worked big holiday events, store openings, or just had an inventory would come together and we would always have a lot of fun! Not many jobs can say that they can have fun during an inventory but Famous really does make it enjoyable.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Lots of fast paced work and a lot of balancing priorities.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIOctober 4, 2018
working at famous footwear is very fun and enjoyable, working with customers to fit their needs or wants with shoes, socks, insoles, etc. the scheduling is also very flexible.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Assistant Manager and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 1, 2018
You will learn what it takes to run a successful business. There is no room for lazy employees as there is always something that needs to be done; serving customers, putting out stock, and cleaning. As a store manager you are doing all of the above plus training employees, managing store numbers, inventory, paperwork and any other tasks given by home office. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting out the shoes and seeing the new products that come in and meetings with the other store managers are fun but that only happens twice a year. Store managers will need to be extremely productive and have a good team in order to survive.
Relaxed, customer service job
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 27, 2018
A mostly slower environment. The job included completing tasks around the stores and it focused strongly on customer service. Easy job to learn and develop skills.
Competetive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUSeptember 27, 2018
During the time being employed by Famous Footwear Guam, I was on my twelfth grade year of high school. On a normal day shift I would come to work and immediately do a radio check for our handheld radio communication. I would then go to the sales floor and fix my area of operations for that day and make sure everything is squared away ready for customers to enjoy the store. I would then help out customers with getting products of their choice and making sure that the customer is happy. Lastly at the end of the work day I would clean up the area and help out my coworkers to complete their sections as well in order to finish the close of business day. I normally worked 15-20 hours a week and I was labeled as "seasonal/part-time". With this being my first job I've learned that team work is always needed to make the working environment a safe and better environment to be in.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 26, 2018
A slow pace job that allowed you to get familiar with retail experience. Famous Footwear was a lively place to work at, with an excellent team to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Footwear. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight