Famous Footwear Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,180 reviews matching the search See all 1,213 reviews
Don't be afraid to work hard
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 15, 2018
Working at Famous was hard but rewarding. I enjoyed meeting customers and meeting sales goals. I enjoyed the recognition I received when I did well and the bonuses I earned from hitting my goals. I trained, recruited and hired all my staff. I enjoyed choosing the personalities I worked with. I learned that diversity is the key to success.
Pros
Advancement, good pay, bonuses, benefits
Cons
salaried manager, retail
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 15, 2018
I started working at famous footwear when I was 16 years old. I learned a lot while working there, the management team is phenomenal. We were one big family, I would recommend working at the store on 91st and Northern.
B+ rating to work here
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gillette, NJAugust 14, 2018
working there after school and on the weekend it was painful some days and some days it was easy had a great time a work made all my sales goal and it was slow at first then it kinda started to pick up a little bit here and there but this is a good place to work at for someone who is 14-17 years old
wouldnt work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2018
Overrall not for me. people were treated as a number and the customer were constantly manipulated into giving information and buy things. The job itself isnt very difficult but the stress put on it is
Fast paced busy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2018
Working as an Assistant Manager in a retail store can be somewhat challenging, but I was able to do my job throughout all the challenges faced everyday with a smile and care. I learned a lot from this job gaining valuable information which will help me in the future.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Pay
Relaxed and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAAugust 12, 2018
I walked in to buy shoes for my previous job and said that I don’t get paid enough to buy these expensive shoes the guy told me they were hiring I had an interview a couple days later and had the job! Going from fast food to retail was pretty different but I caught on fast! The environment was very relaxed until my boss had been let go and it hasn’t been the same.
Pros
Flexible schedule, breaks
Cons
Slow pace hours that sometime occur
Awesome Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Working at Famous Footwear is so fun. The best part about working here is the people that you meet! The manager is super cool and your assistant managers are awesome!
Great place to work and able move up in the company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2018
Management displays great leadership. I like that the company hires within, always room to move up in the company. Very flexible schedule. Easy to make requests, does their best to work with your availability. As long as you give notice they are willing to switch or find someone to cover your shift.
A busy place with a good manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 8, 2018
The corporate reach was a bit to rigid and shallow for my appeal. My manager coached my well and gave me the tools to succeed while being very forgiving and promoted my place in the llearning curve and pushed me to advance always. It was very busy and kept me on my toes and lots to be learned in such an environment such as people skills, knowledge of a company and its brands and wears. I was hard to be in a box a lot of the time but had fun selling and helping patrons and organizing the store.
Pros
decent pay, busy
Cons
rigid, unfair situations arise
Was a good job for a while
ASSISTANT MANAGER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Palouse Mall, Moscow, IDAugust 8, 2018
I was hired as an Assistant Store Manager, and was supposed to be in training to take over as Store Manager, but the existing Manager wasn't providing the training. When he transferred to open another store, a great Manager was hired in (he's still there!), but then there was no opportunity to advance unless I wanted to move hundreds of miles away.

Generally, the culture was good. The company put more emphasis on selling add-ons than I was comfortable with, but otherwise I found the job well-suited for me. Just not quite enough hours, benefits or pay.
Okay for a college student
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALAugust 6, 2018
Its an ideal job if you enjoy working nights and weekends. As long as your trained properly, its a good job. Tax free weekend and Black Friday is crazy! If you like retail, its a good job.
I Loved The Shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 6, 2018
It was fairly promising and rewarding to work in a shoe store. I gained experience as a sales associate, and also learned how to deal with people as well.
Pros
Discounted Prices for all the merchandise within the store
Cons
short breaks
great place to work especially if you're a college student
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAAugust 6, 2018
Management is great if you are willing to listen and take their advice to heart. Multiple ways to advance in company. Fun environment. Hardest part of the job is learning al of the shoes and whats popular at the moment.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2018
I enjoy working at famous footwear. It is my part time job. They are very flexible with scheduling. The store is a fun place to work. I also enjoy the discount you get.
assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 5, 2018
need better management
need more understanding
need better compensation
need more opportunities to grow
need more flexibility with scheduling........
A nice part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2018
if any customers needed help you helped them, if not you just straightened shelves and periodically check on them. Learned some good pointers in people skills. Hardest part was how boring it got when we were slow
Good discounts but horrible work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 3, 2018
It was not a friendly environment to be in. I typical day is helping people with questions and concerns. I really havemt learned anything, I was never properly trained. The management is a mess the scheduling is never in order.
Pros
Lunch breaks and employee discounts
Cons
Not a good work environment
fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 2, 2018
as a first time job it was not very nice. i didnt learn much off of their computer based teaching. the managers wouldnt train me on the floor and just kind of threw me out to figure it out for myself with no previous knowledge.
Famous Footwear
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 2, 2018
I started off as a sales associate, and later on got promoted to assistant manager. So really enjoyed this job. It was my first job and pay was great at the time for a college student it worked out perfectly. They worked with my hours. Everyone was amazing, it was like a huge family. It’s not commission based, but the pay made up for it. The job had its slow days and busy days. Definitely had rough days with customers, but overall the job was great and very easy in my opinion.
Decent job ruined by management
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 2, 2018
Pretty easy job with plenty of stressful days, forced to work 8 days in a row with no AC, hours cut when I wasn't able finish one last task.
Decided it's time for something better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Footwear. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight