Famous Footwear Employee Reviews

good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 19, 2018
the job was okay you just help guests and make sure the store is up kept. just writing more because i have to reach the character minimum so yea here you go.
High demand for not a lot of caring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MAJanuary 19, 2018
I worked here years ago. The hours were meh, I was usually on call, a practice that has been ended thank goodness. One manager was OK and the other one was lazy and entitled. The district manager was and awful person.
Fun Job
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Cool job to work at. Enjoyed working here for 3 years. I made great forever friends here. Have customers sign up for reward cards, make your goals in accessories and you'll be good.
Great place to work and get experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Great way to learn about retail. Very focused and well mannered upper management team. They promote within. They give you days off that you need. Great DSM. Great team connection.
Better suited for a student who wants minimum hrs
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYJanuary 17, 2018
As I professional within the Footwear industry, many of the goals are unrealistic. As hours tightened we were often asked to push peoole out of the store at 9:00 pm. Very uncomfortable. No review or increases. Also strange. My store manager was a profiler, which I find deplorable and would be told to follow certain individuals on my walkie.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Better suited as a entry level position.
Wonderful Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TX 75165January 16, 2018
Working at Famous Footwear was the ultimate experience. The boss I had was amazing and real down-to-earth. The job can be very rewarding, and is great, as long as you want to work there. You get out of it what you put into it. It is not just a job where you greet customers and stand pretty. You have multiple tasks to complete, but it is a great way to use teamwork. You have to want to work in order to enjoy the job. I absolutely loved working there. I would go back if I could.
Pros
Employee discount, great store manager, fun atmosphere
Cons
Limited hours, multiple tasks in short amount of time
Good for people starting off as a first job.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Good for people starting off as a first job. Wouldn’t really recommend you work here if you intend to receive a lot of hours . Staff are nice to work with.
It was alright
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 15, 2018
it was alright, sometimes busy sometimes not. Indeed wants me to have at least 150 characters so the rest of this will not really be about the job at all
Ok
Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 14, 2018
Management was not the best nor the worst. The job itself was not something I wanted to continue in, in retail. Depending on the location the stores ran smoothly.
It is ok to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 14, 2018
worked for them for about 8 year It was ok nothid spectacular. You need to do lots of things yuor self like to take money to the bank in your own car and they do not page for it's milage

Want to know more about Famous Footwear?

Ask a question
Relaxed work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 13, 2018
My manager was very nice. anything i needed it was not a problem. i liked to pick up shifts just to have something to do. i really like pony's and horses.
Pros
ghetto
Cons
High class
Fun and Great Store Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Same ups and downs that came with retail. I loved my other assistant manager and my store manager. Unfortunately I had to leave for person reasons, otherwise I would most likely still be working there.
Would be an easy first job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2018
The typical work day is pretty relaxed. Helping customers is always enjoyable and it makes you feel good when you help someone find the right pair of shoes. The management in my store was okay.
okay
Sales Associate LTE (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJanuary 9, 2018
I was only a LTE, work day was fun, management was the only downer. The place is fun to work at with friends. I had a blast. The hardest part is floor changes.
Making Peoples Lives Better.....Feet First
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 9, 2018
At Famous Footwear, you will learn about insoles, shoes and much more. You will learn a lot from your guests, fellow employees and the DM. The work load can be heavy at times but there is a silver lining at the end of the rainbow.
Pros
Product knowledge
Cons
Lack of hours
interesting work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 9, 2018
Slow paced work environment. Management was all over the place with training, never fully trained in what I was supposed to be doing. However customers were amazing and always understanding when trying to locate product.
Fun, relaxed place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 8, 2018
If you like shoes you would enjoy working there. Great people and customers to work with. Things can get a little repetitive but not too bad. You can still work hard and get stuff done but you can do it in a fun way
Fast paced and productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJanuary 7, 2018
Assist in planning and preparing work schedules and assignments of employees to specific duties. Assists and supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records and preparing a record transactions or performs work of subordinates, as needed. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales. and record keeping procedures and practices.Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand. Ensure all reports, such as
Great work environment
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 7, 2018
I learned that retail is one of my favorite things to work in, my manager was great, workplace was nice and calm, hardest part was when it got super busy and we were all rushing to get things done, the most enjoyable was relaxing with co workers, a typical day at work was calm and relaxing and fun
Pros
Workers
Cons
Busyness
Overral good employer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 7, 2018
If you dont require guaranteed hours and specific schedule days and times this is for you. Store managers are considered golden and assitants/ sales people are expendable. Fast paced work environment with minimal staff per store.
Pros
Good pay as a whole
Cons
Not usually provided 40 hours per week Bonuses for managers only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Footwear. Our community is ready to answer.