Famous Footwear
62Average

Famous Footwear Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA5 reviews
A small environment for big room for growth
A typical day of an Assistant Manager is either opening or closing the store. Handling the cash at the beginning or end of the day. Taking the cash to the bank and filling out those forms. Completing online-in store orders, helping customers, and making sure employees are doing their job properly. I learned a lot of management skills and how to be an effective assistant manager. I also learned how to think on my feet. Management while I was there was great, but it's not so great now. The culture of the workplace however was very negative, and many of the employees would complain the whole time. The hardest part of the job was definitely the customers who just wanted to make everyone else's day worse. The most enjoyable was completely tasks and seeing your sales numbers go up.
Pros
Great way to grow in management, customer interactions
Cons
Complaining coworkers, nasty customers, customer stealing
not supper busy, but still always messy
customers aren't too bad although there are some rude ones. managers kinda seem to put the work on others. they don't recover very well and usually i was stuck cleaning. the best part though are those few, nice customers.
Pros
discount on shoes and they aren't too strict
Cons
very tiring, end up cleaning myself
Not the worst place to work for!!!
This place is ideal for those who prefer a laid back environment where you can give some individualized attention to you customers. The no pressure environment makes this place a pretty good company to work for... until pay day!!! That part may have improved in the years since I last worked for Famous Footwear. But If I was down & out of a job, I would definitely apply for a job here again.
Pros
No pressure, laid back workplace
Cons
menial pay, salary
Retail management
I was in charge of running a retail store for a chain company. My job included hiring, training, maintaining a clean and customer friendly store environment, loss prevention, daily paperwork, and selling products.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough training
SHOES... love seeing new styles
Love shoes.. love seeing the new styles... this was only a short term position.
Job seekers rely on your experience.