Famous Footwear Employee Reviews

Found 1,340 reviews matching the search See all 1,377 reviews
fantastic job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ALFebruary 18, 2019
This job is amazing, you have flexible hours and amazing manager. You are actually happy when you go to work and I enjoyed every day there. Famous is a job I would highly recommend.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
shortage of hours on slow months
Average work environment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 17, 2019
The job is fairly easy based on how you work as an individual. The work load isn't bad if you have great time management skills. If the company can get away from personal likes of personalities and focus on abilities of employees executing company goals it would be an awesome place to work.
Pros
Great competitive pay
Cons
Management holding too many personal grudges
Okay depending on management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 11, 2019
My store manager is fantastic and I enjoy working with my team. Other nearby stores seem to have high turnover which I feel is linked to their management styles. There is only one other store I would consider transferring if I had to. I feel salaries of everyone employed at the store level should be drastically higher. I feel my store manager understands me and our team members value but I don't know that corporate in general appreciates us as much as they should.
Pros
Healthcare, dental and vision insurance for full time management
Cons
No set schedule, raises not as high as they could be
Low Store Hours Available Made Workplace Unsafe
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 10, 2019
I was an Assistant Manager at Famous Footwear in Flemington, NJ for just under 2 years.
I liked my co-workers and my manager was kind, yet had a strong backbone.
The customers are very rude at this location. Frequently customers would curse us out or throw shoes at us. Loss prevention is a joke. Ultimately I left because although my store was one of the biggest stores in the state, continuously had good numbers, and no loss prevention equipment, corporate cut hours so short that we were often left with one staff member for each shift to watch the floor, run the cash register and make sure no one is stealing. It became an unsafe environment due to the low hours available for the store.
Pros
Flexible schedule, high pay for retail, autonomy
Cons
Low store hours
easy relaxing job
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I learned a lot about people and how to always treat them with respect no matter what. I created friendships with my associates which was nice but the days are very boring the store manager isn't good at all he's always talking behind someone's back which I don't respect.
Slow-paced environment with no advancement
Sales Associate/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Famous Footwear is an okay job to have when you are a student or an assistant manager. The manager I had was more like a dictator and micromanaged everything, but could not admit to her own faults. She has been reported numerous times but is still employed there doing whatever she pleases. I feel the experience would have been better if the store manager was different and valued her employees because she didn't there was a high turnover.
Pros
flexible schedule, discount
Cons
short/no breaks, no raises/promotions often, store manager
Great place!!
Customer (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHFebruary 6, 2019
Famous footwear has great product. Really cute shoes, for really great prices. I always find something I love there. They do there buy one get one half off and that’s the best deal they have.
Pros
Awesome discount.
Wasn't the best job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 31, 2019
It was an ok job but the market isn't as high for in store shopping. Guess we're set to high and want management to have the same goals as the sales reps
Pros
Shoe discount
Cons
No benefits
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 31, 2019
Famous Footwear is a great company to work for. It is a fast paced environment, however it is an easy job. The easiest part of the job is getting to know the customer and helping assist them in successfully finding the perfect fit.
Awesome place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 31, 2019
Enjoyed working there a lot. Good team, good focus, always something different and new to tackle every day. Very small team at my location, so we were close-knit and also had to take a lot of the roles/responsibilities upon ourselves to complete.
horrible manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 31, 2019
good pay but bad hours except during the holidays but could be very stressful, had some personal things going on and my manager wasn't very understanding although she pretended to be but later cut my hours so much i had to leave
Famous footwear
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lebec, CAJanuary 30, 2019
I've been working there for almost 9 years now and since I got hired on the first time till now it has changed a lot it was enjoyable to work there then rules let coming out for anything they didnt approve of i couldn't use my sick hours without being questioned on why am I using them when it should never be questions it is my own hours to use when I want.
Una compañía normal
Asst. Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2019
En mis doce años de empleo aprendí cómo lidiar con el público, fui cajera, recibía mercancía y las acomodaba afuera para la venta, hacia el schedule de los empleados aparte de mantener el payroll (paga).
Pros
Un trabajo estable
Cons
Necesidad de empleados
Working with customers was the most joyfull.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2019
Company changes are ridiculous. Every year expect new Dms who make poor decisions. Consistantly bringing bodies instead of experienced sales associates.Run.......
Pros
Customers
Cons
Disrespectful DM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Metheun, MAJanuary 28, 2019
The minute I started there I was fed lies. I was lied to about my hourly rate (which was actually decent, but was supposed to be higher), and lied to about the position I was being hired for (supposed to be an Associate Manager, got hired as an Assistant). Store Manager is the DM's pet and they are both jokes. This location was busy and the payroll wasnt bad, but it should have been better. I also covered in stores where they were alone until 5pm. Dont expect to move up in the company. If they have an open job that you want, they will tell you, you are on a trial period and keep you there until you threaten to quit for they don't have to pay you a higher rate, and then higher someone from the outside (Saw this happen a handful of times in multiple locations). Worked 6 days, 50+ hours a week, while the store manager would barely work his 40 hours, and the greatest thing was with those 50 hours I'd get to take maybe 1 break. The only reason I stayed was because I loved the staff I had. But enough was enough.
Pros
Time and a Half on Sundays, and My Staff
Cons
Schedule, Management, High Theft Store.
Workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJanuary 27, 2019
Very good environment workplace to be in good communication different ethnics groups. Good sales on holidays BOGO free and good charity events for kids
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
Favoritism
Paid what you're worth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2019
Associates do not listen to anything managers say, hard to get people hired on since no one wants to work retail anymore. Lots of customers are rude as well, for no reason
Pros
paid what you're worth
Cons
Lots of customers stealing shoes
Amazing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJanuary 24, 2019
This job was so much fun and enjoyable! The employees and customers made you want to come to work everyday. Being able to get to know your customer while helping them find a suitable shoe was such a blast and would defiantly recommend.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Enjoyed most of my time working for famous, the people were great. Retail life has to be wanted and know what getting into.
If don't enjoy people good or bad then it will be a detriment to your health. In the higher volume stores they need to give them more hours and a better store manager training.
Fun Retail Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Famous Footwear is a traditional footwear retail chain. They offer a pretty decent selection of styles, and the discount is a nice perk. If you have a good store manager, you can learn a lot about managing diverse teams and improving basic retail KPI's. I liked that Famous Footwear made strives to remain relevant and update their branding. It was much needed and definitely improved the associate experience.

My biggest issue was with the lack of resources to assist with loss prevention. Investing in security equipment would seriously decrease the amount of blatant shoplifting in many stores.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, defined culture
Cons
Loss prevention help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Footwear. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Famous Footwear.

Powered by Comparably