Famous Footwear

Found 1,851 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,903 reviews

Famous Footwear insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun place to work, but low compensation

Everyday I learn something new at Famous Footwear. I enjoy meeting new customers that walk through the door. Some days are slow and some very busy and productive. Unfortunately, store sales managers and assistant sales managers are not paid much for the amount of daily tasks we take on to run a store.

Best job i’ve ever had, loved my coworkers.

I have worked so many jobs and usually left due to coworkers and the general bad vibes. This is the first place I’ve worked that genuinely makes me excited to go to work and the days fly by quickly. The job is pretty easy and it’s fun to help people pick out what works best for their anatomy and style.

Pros

Good discount Good environment Customers are mostly nice

Cons

I buy way too many shoes

Good management.

Short timer, fun environment. Good management, if you have good customerService skills you should like it here. Wasn’t here long but enjoyed my time here.

Easy Starter Job, Not Long Term

Ok place to work, small work enviorment not too many employee's. Simple and easy job to be able to learn quickly. There isn't enough pay for assistant managers and minimal raises.

Pros

Job isn't hard, easy to get along with employee's

Cons

Low pay, too many long shifts, no work-life balance.

Lot of good and bad with any job.

If you're looking for a job in retail, and you don't want to be completely turned off by the fact that everyone can buy shoes anywhere, this place is decent to work at.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Flexibility to create the dynamics amongst your team and for your market area,

I have no desire to go back to retail. The work life balance simply does not exist. But if I was going to do retail I do recommend Famous Footwear. It is a great company, with great communication and ideas. They offer good benefits and job security.

Pros

Good discount, and benefits. Great product to stand behind.

Cons

Retail management work life balance.

Stuck

Upper management is lacking. They promote people that are new to the company instead of people they promised promotions to. The pay isn’t live-able unless you are a store manager. Store managers stay with the company forever so there’s barely any room for advancement.

Pros

Co workers are. Maternity leave. Sick and vacation time.

Cons

District Management is out of touch. Pushing credit cards. No advancement.

People interaction an service feels good to help someone

Famous footwear should add commission to sales as a accentive to boost worker morale an also take input from associates to boost sells. To keep from having to cut employees hours

Pros

Commission

Good starter career.

Good starter career. A lot of opportunities to move up. Great staff and management that work with you and help you succeed. Always worked around my schedule and didn’t make me feel bad when I moved on to a forever career

I love working for Famous. I’m a Store Manager and my DM supports me and is always there for me. The benefits are great and so is the pay. I have a great team

Pros

Pay Benefits Paid time off

Cons

Having to come in at any moments notice

The manager I worked under was demanding, judgmental, uncooperative, and non responsive to the needs of the store.

This was not a fun environment.Upper management was difficult.Too much was expected to be accomplished in too little time. Upper management was extremely critical.

Pros

Cons

Extremely Critical Upper Management

Chill place but they dont care about you

It's a chill job. However if your ok with being pressured to make goals/quotas just so your store manager and general manager gets their bonus. You get no incintive to make these goals everything is for your store manager, no bonus, no commision. If you ask them why you need them they will straight up tell you the reason I had my associates tell me this and how that brung down their moralal. I always told them dont worry about it. Its not right or fair that the under associates dont get anything for their work. Also the pay is awful for an assistant manager I made the base pay of most other stores base pay for regular associates. The company doesnt care for your saftey or health. I had pink eye and felt really bad and they knew yet the manager still made me come in because they didnt want to stay. I get they were short staffed but still thats a risk to everyone and literal pain for me.When off the clock you are still forced to wear a mask even if your vaccinated but customers dont.

Pros

Sometimes they give you a $10 lunch Chill environment Co workers

Cons

Pay Company System Policy About everything

Not recommended

No work life balance. Severely underpaid for amount of work. Company going in the wrong direction. Not recommended to work for. Expect to work well over 50 hours a week. Better job opportunities out there. Would stay away

n/a..company is ok. can't complain. the company is awesome.

n/a...i like the job, managers are great. the company allows me to do what I like and have a great work-life balance. i can also balance school. carefree environment.

Fun, fast paced work environment.

Working at Famous Footwear was fun but also had its share of negative things. As a store manager you are expected to but the store first in your life. Work if the need arises and figure out your home life later. 60 hour work weeks arent desirable being a salaried employee. Also Famous prides themselves on integrity yet if you leave the company and don't live in a state that requires it, they WILL NOT pay out any unused PTO. Ive had to eat over 50 hours of PTO because staffing and business needs didnt allow me the time to use said vacation hours.

Pros

Free lunches. Great discount. Benefits are good.

Cons

No break if you're the only scheduled manager. Also loss prevent is crazy.

Provided a safe and fun work environment.

I worked here for about under a year. It was a decent job that paid good at the time. They’re very good at teaching you the right work environment to be in. Management wasn’t too great but could deal with it.

Pros

Learning, environmentally friendly

Cons

Little to no breaks, sometimes too much work put on one persons plate

Rp

it was beautiful and wonderful in every possible shape or form possible literally the best work place best everything from the walls to the floor to the chairs

Over worked, an extreme unnecessary amount of responsibility put on you, anything and everything is pretty much your fault

This was most likely for my specific store but 99.9 percent of the time I was doing at least two other peoples jobs on top of my own. Was clearly stressed and struggling because of it and management didn’t care or try to help. Was forced to force customers for personal information. Was forced to force customers into buying insoles that’s weren’t necessary. Basically sales wernt the best and it was because we were getting robbed so much and the company (instead of getting security cameras) made the employees work harder to compensate for us getting robbed because they can’t “afford” security cameras. This wouldn’t be a big deal if they weren’t losing thousands of dollars each month. All HR did was find temporary solutions that never worked for a big problem. So to recap all that we were expected to have over the top sales while also compensating for the thousands of dollars worth of products being stolen while doing multiple activities that are day long tasks as well as two other peoples jobs to top it off, and helping and checking out all customers.

Pros

Cons

Too many

great workplace if you are favored

steady day and you will only receive hours if you are personally friends with the manager. easy job i loved my job until i was being mistreated by a new manager.

Pros

tasks

Cons

treated unfairly, pay, hours

overall its good

It was my first job and I started when I was 17. I really enjoy my coworkers and my managers. We have a lot of regulars that come in on the weekends and around the holidays. The store is in a very busy area, it's a shopping mall outside.

Pros

great co-workers and good managment

Good for short term not long term....

Raises are every 15 months and just keep you at cost of living increase. New people hired in are sometimes hired in at a rate higher then longer term employees. Payroll is continually cut and more is added to the workload.... should never have management running a 6000 sqft store alone for multiple hours due to the lack of payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Footwear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight