Famous Hair Culture reviews

Amazing
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHNovember 7, 2018
Loved working for this.company.
Fun loving
Provide education and extra training
Offer discounts for family!
Overall great Experiance working here.
Regis, Famous hair
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Learned how to work at a very quick pace. Hardest part is dealing with stubbron customers and co-workers that do not clean. Most enjoyable is making clients happy and feeling better about their appearance. Typical day is hair cutting, perms, color, waxing, cleaning up after others and yourself, counting register at night and again in the morning.
Pros
The higher your sales, the more money.
Cons
Part time has no medical insurance.
fun, productive
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 25, 2018
fun place to work, meeting new people and learning different personalities, Making people look and feel great is always a great feeling, This place still pays minimal wage plus commissions.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
Great place to work with hair, clients and co-workers
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Great environment, great people, something you really have to be into doing for a long time if you plan to go into the hair industry. Kept me going was the co-workers I worked with, great attitudes.
Very fun atmosphere
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 28, 2017
Although it was a fun and exciting atmosphere the management was awful. I engaged with many clients and met their expectations to the fullest. I learned many things working here comparing to the area of town, since I had just moved here.
productive and fun workplace
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAAugust 27, 2017
I learned everyday from surrounding stylists. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the clients & making them happy. A typical day was quick paced.
This was a dream job
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 15, 2017
I loved everything about this place you could 40 hours or more the pay was more than enough to feed a family and the employers cared about you and your loved ones.
Pros
the amount of business
Cons
haircuttrey left the stste
Good work place
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Loved working with my fellow employees. Was a great place to work and the manager was a very good boss to have. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some customers but over the years in costumer service you learn to deal with it well.
Customer Service, Haircare Services
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 25, 2014
Managed Salon,
Open and closed establishment, performed hair services, sold haircare products

Management was supportive

Hardest part of job was trying to convince employees the pros of the company, company culture

I learned how to order supplies, how to supervise

I enjoyed service customers
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Distance from residence
Very productive and busy fun workplace
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHAugust 2, 2014
Always busy at work I learned a lot working there new hairstyles and learned a lot about the products we had to use on the clients.
Management was great to work with they always lended a helping hand if you needed it co workers were good to work with we helped each other out if they needed help.most enjoyable part of the job was doing our clients hair and making them look good.
Pros
could move up into management positions
Cons
had only so much time to work on your client
Steady paced
BEAUTICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 20, 2013
You saw different people everyday so no day was alike. I learned to listen to others and communicate in different ways. Management was ok. My coworkers would help if needed.
Pros
Base pay and some benefits
Cons
Paid on a sliding scale so if you had one slow day it would bring your pay back down
productive and fun place to work
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 10, 2013
ive learned about a WIG project, widely inportant goals..it helps you to focus on two main goals inside your store
Pros
commision
Cons
short breaks
lack of professionalism
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2013
just plain unprofessional!!! some co- workers were ok,... others no mannerism. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
Very Productive and exciting workplace.
Licensed Stylist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 12, 2013
A typical day a work is very busy. Its always a very productive day in the salon, you learn a lot of this. Learning how time management is one of the main things you will learn in this work environment. You will also learn to deal with different types of product. Its very important to know your product so you can recommend and upsell. Our management is excellent, we all work as a team when needed, everyone follows directions as giving, everything is explain in detail, and help is giving when needed. The hardest part of the job is not being able to perform what the client want because that's not what they need. Its very important to educate the client on what's needed. The most enjoyable part about the job is interacting with different people and your coworkers. You learn different things everyday. Making your clients happy when they leave your salon with something they were able to get will also bring you much joy. Working in a friendly environment make things much easier and more enjoyable.
Great group of ladies to work with.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCMay 23, 2012
I loved working at Famous Hair the staff was a joy to work with. It was like home, I formed friendships with everyone through out the years. We also worked as a team and we were very eager to help one another out.
Pros
worked as a team
Cons
pace slowed down tremendously