Fanatics, Inc Employee Reviews

Lot of long hours
Picker (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHOctober 16, 2018
You work 10 hour days 6 days a week during peak season..very rarely is it temp to hire position mostly only work anywhere from July or August until a few days before Christmas then pretty much everyone is laid off...if you pick you walk alot of miles a day anywhere from 5-7 miles a day
Pros
60 hours a week, lots of walking
Cons
Pay was decent
Upsell upsell upsell
Floor athlete (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2018
Our manager hosted as sad as merchandise as we can and we always did and we always helped each other out whenever we have you no technical difficulties or we didn't know how to sell a product we're always there for each other but sometimes I feel like our manager or store manager or anybody else who is higher up on our lead support as we wanted but they did always treat us right
Fun work enviornment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256October 6, 2018
The Job wasn't bad but they hire people that are not competent and expect you to deal with all the stupidity in the business. The job itself is not bad is the people you have to work with that will have you dreading getting out of your bed to go to work each day.
Pros
sports fans dream
Cons
terrible moral
Great envirinment to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
You can learn a lot about sports and teams you can be cross train in different departments.you can also move up in different departments as a team you meet a lot of different team mates that's willing to help and train in different departments as well as the team leads and supervisors helping you gain more at Fanatics
productive and fun with lunch room and basketball for your break
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHSeptember 27, 2018
it was a fun loving place to work with great coworkers and management. everyone helped each other. if you didn't know exactly what to do or where to go anyone working would work with you to help you learn everything you needed to know when working there.
Poor Work Life Balance for Hourly Employees
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2018
You work for a company that does not value their hourly employees that do the majority of the work. The hourly employees get a 30 minute lunch break while supervisors and managers get an hourly lunch break. You sign an offer letter the dictates your work schedule but they change your work schedule and hours to fit the need of the company no matter how it may affect your personal life. You have no choice but to accept their decision or quit you job. When you bring up your concerns to management they try and use key words and tricky phrases to make you think that they have your best interest at heart. But if you have ever had a job and have been in positions of authority then you are way beyond the mind games they try and play with you.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Does not care about their people only the bottom line
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHSeptember 26, 2018
My first warehouse job. I really enjoyed it. The hours and the pay was very good. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the job. And I met some really amazing people while I was there.
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2018
I really enjoyed this seasonal job. Also I would go back for seasonal work anytime I can. The warehouse is fast paced and that is something I really enjoy.
not hard work. works with you to find what dept best fits you.
data entry, putter, returns, picking, inventory (Former Employee) –  Dresden, OHSeptember 11, 2018
the work is easy, honestly do not think as a temp. that there is a hard job in the place. some positions have a lot of walking, others a lot of standing. the environment is great besides leaving the Building. the security is odd to me. they don't check you coming in the Building but they make you go through metal detectors, bag check, pull out pockets and lift pant legs check before leaving the Building.
overall this is a place for everyone to work.
it's your choice to talk to people make friends, or be alone. you pretty much get a choice if you want to walk a lit or stand a lit. because they are willing to move you around dept. until you are satisfied.
Pros
easy work.
Cons
lower pay than their other centers. wont work around family and 2nd jobs.
Overall
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company and the workers. Don't make one mistake, Senior Leadership hires there friends and will replace you if they deem you do not fit, not if you get the job done, just don't like you.
job enviorment was great
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHSeptember 5, 2018
I had been working seasonal for about four years and if I was ever hired on it would have been a great job. the pay was really good for the work. the only department I feel like the employees are overworked is in picking it is so hard on your body to do the picking.
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
no advancement
Nice Company - However HR is HORRIBLE !!!!!
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Nice Company, Good Pay, and you get days off. However HR is Horrible. They are Power Hungry and want to control EVERYTHING.
I seen the inner workings of management and HR was the worst part of Fanatics. They have horrible communication skills, and some HR reps are not nice at all. HR changed policies all the time and almost never followed the rules that they set for everyone to follow. Many Supervisors and Managers were so sick of HR that they left. Its sad that upper level management cant see that. I left on great terms. I found a job and gave 2 weeks notice. I am glad to be gone.

I would never work there ever again because of HR.
Pros
Good Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Human Resources is Horrible
Day at Work
Outbound Athlete (Current Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHAugust 27, 2018
Clock in go to a meeting then go where they tell you to go. Labor shared a lot so you are not always in your own department. Start working and you have to meet a daily goal.
Pros
get to see all the new sports gear.
Cons
needs better communication skills
Poor Management and Disorganized Company
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 26, 2018
Management is very poor in understanding employee needs and have no leadership skills. It is complete chaos to work there with no process or procedures in place. Management blocks you fro moving up because they say they have to back fill your position first, which they never do. Schedules are a mess with no more set times of when to come in or when you will leave. No empathy for employees even when emergencies arise. By far the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Management, Advancement, Work Schedule
N/a
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
Hardest part of this job is keeping up and being on your feet all day but if you can get past the pain for 2 weeks it gets fairly easy and by that time you know the ins and outs of your tasks.
Fanatics A great place to work at
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHAugust 23, 2018
Great place to work at nice people really fast pace during peak season. Hires alot of temps. Close to home. Great Supervisors.This company pays very well.
Pros
really nice people
Cons
peak season
organized chill place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2018
Fanatics was a fun experince they reward you for your great work and make sure your on point.We used to hae different food trucks come up and serve up some of the best food there is.Very clean and organized.I learned that trying new things can take you very far and you over come many obstacles.I had a customer curse me out because i couldn't give her a refund on something she orders purposely but did not want to return,The most enjoyable part was when we were rewarded slushes on a very hot successful day for hitting our goal of calls
Pros
break room full of snacks, they reward us for good work
Cons
quick breaks, no food on the floor while working
Fanatics was a good experience for me.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2018
I was tagging clothes and branding clothes it was a good experience for me. I really enjoyed this experience with Fanarics it was something new for me.
Pros
Bring your own lunches
Cons
Paid bonus a s
Great Job
Lead (Current Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHAugust 20, 2018
This is a great place to work if you do not mind walking a lot. The people become like family especially after Peak when you spend 60 hours a week together.
Bad place to work for
Former member (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleAugust 17, 2018
Management is no good at all, work conditions are horrible, they hire people on drugs & drinking under the influence during work. Shootings, fights etc as well happens there. Police are always out there. Bad fanatics plant in Louisville( Fairdale).
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad Bad Bad place