Faneuil logo

Faneuil insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,303 reviews

Not happy with this one

I was at this position for 2 years and NEVER got a chance for advancement, the pay was extremely low and management was all types of messes. Was treated horribly by both managers and attitude was very negative. Very demoralizing for employees. I was VERY happy when I was offered a different and better position elsewhere.

Pros

5 minute drive from my home at the time, did meet great customers

Relax job

Relax job. Friendly colleagues. Bad managers. Poor salary. Unfair schedule. You do not know where you will work so if someone call sick you maybe put in their place

Toll Collector at dulles toll road

I used to work at a the dulles toll road but due to covid, the jobs are lost and toll road administration decided to go cashless which means permanent job loss. While working there, it was descent pay and easier job. Benefits were not good like PTO, health, 401K etc but in general the pay and hours were good based on the work.

yikes

extremely mismanaged and poorly ran company. zero support whatsoever and nobody understands what is going on. you're thrown into a barely related training for 3 weeks and then let go into the meat grinder.

Pros

Cons

yikes

It is a good comoany

The people who hires and do the training at the office is so nice. They are friendly and very courteous. The only thing is for the corona Virus i just worked two weeks i hope they reopen back up i will work there again

Cons

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Unsafe

No training. Employees work 30+overtime. Filthy environment. Share bathroom in booth with opposite gender. No locks on bathroom and forced to use others booths. Not allowed to leave for one break,

Pros

Meet lots of commuters

Cons

Low employee mrale

Poor company

It is as bad place to work. Compensation is very law compared to the work performed . work environment is not so good. It is highly stressful. I do not recommend it.

Contractor job

As a toll collector we were responsible for assisting drivers on the toll road with directions and nearby sites. If anything went wrong it was the toll collectors issue until proven it was not. Management attempted to assist but the prime company always refused to fix or repair the issues.

Fun workplace

Very friendly stuff Fun workplace area Great management Very hard working personal The job is very enjoyable and the community is like a family and very helpful.

Nightmare

Was not properly trained then suddenly received a call saying I was being let go for "paperwork errors". I was not even told that anything was not correct in the first place. Lack of communication and understaffing is a huge issue. Every manager had a condescending tone when spoken to.

Pros

a job

Cons

about the worst job you can find in the area

Jobs at Faneuil

See more jobs

Working at tolls

A typical work day toll collecting was very easy. I simply sat in a office and collected tolls as cars drove by. I didn't really learn anything but enjoyed how easy the job was. However, the job would get boring since I just sat and collected.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

very boring

Interesting place to work

A typical day at this job start at 5am dressed up in the company's uniform. A specific booth is assigned to you with a certain amount of money. then you must drive to your booth pay the tool fee and start your day by collecting tool fees and applying customer service courtesy . Depending of your location, you can have your lunch break as early as 6:30am., What I've learned from this job is punctuality, Money management, focus more on what is important, Good management lacks a little bite. The workplace is really friendly but the hardest part of the job is not knowing where you'll be each day especially on snow days

Pros

relaxing job

Cons

poor salary, early lunch break, lot of driving

Very crazy olace to work. Absolutely trash company.

The only positive is that. You're always Talking to patrons, Some of them I met were very good and friendly. But the work itself and the management are completely senseless. No benefit,poor organization. They expect you to drive your vehicle to and from the toll boot. No mileage etc

Pros

Cons

A complete waste of time

Love Interacting with people

Love interacting with people, so this job is easy. I have gained great patience working with agitated people as well, so it's easy to put a smile on someone's face. Hardest part is trying to get the customer to understand waiting in line.

bottom line based business

for the majority of the workers with the company there is little to no chance for advancement, at least in the program which I managed. very low worker satisfaction also.

Pros

good benefits for the upper eschelon employees

Cons

bad benefits for lower paid employees

bottom line driven company

most workers at Faneuil were low paid hourly employees who were contracted through Faneuil to work for the government. very stressful for these employees with little to no chance for improvement.

Pros

fairly easy job

Cons

no raises for entry level position

Terrble management who don't know what they're doing

Don't ever work here. It's terrible and they preach promoting from within but I have a bachelor's degree, have worked there for over 6 months in the lowest position, and still haven't even heard about a slight chance. They expect you to be there even when you're not scheduled, and they don't fix your schedule. Very terrible place to work for, absolutely awful benefits, and no respect for employees.

Pros

hahahahaha yeah right

Cons

everything

N/a

Good as a temporary job but not a good long term job. Does not give raises but allows employees to rise in ranks after a long period of time

N/a

Assisting with setting up new account for ezpass, the company does not advise of your length of service in a interveiw

Most unorganized job I have ever had

I would not refer anyone to work for this company for various reasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Faneuil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Faneuil.
Powered byComparably