Faneuil
51Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Faneuil Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
I was at this position for 2 years and NEVER got a chance for advancement, the pay was extremely low and management was all types of messes. Was treated horribly by both managers and attitude was very negative. Very demoralizing for employees. I was VERY happy when I was offered a different and better position elsewhere.
Pros
5 minute drive from my home at the time, did meet great customers
Cons
The people who hires and do the training at the office is so nice. They are friendly and very courteous. The only thing is for the corona Virus i just worked two weeks i hope they reopen back up i will work there again
Cons
No training. Employees work 30+overtime. Filthy environment. Share bathroom in booth with opposite gender. No locks on bathroom and forced to use others booths. Not allowed to leave for one break,
Pros
Meet lots of commuters
Cons
Low employee mrale
It is as bad place to work. Compensation is very law compared to the work performed . work environment is not so good. It is highly stressful. I do not recommend it.
As a toll collector we were responsible for assisting drivers on the toll road with directions and nearby sites. If anything went wrong it was the toll collectors issue until proven it was not. Management attempted to assist but the prime company always refused to fix or repair the issues.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Very friendly stuff
Fun workplace area

Great management

Very hard working personal

The job is very enjoyable and the community is like a family and very helpful.
Was not properly trained then suddenly received a call saying I was being let go for "paperwork errors". I was not even told that anything was not correct in the first place. Lack of communication and understaffing is a huge issue. Every manager had a condescending tone when spoken to.
Pros
a job
Cons
about the worst job you can find in the area
A typical work day toll collecting was very easy. I simply sat in a office and collected tolls as cars drove by. I didn't really learn anything but enjoyed how easy the job was. However, the job would get boring since I just sat and collected.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
very boring
A typical day at this job start at 5am dressed up in the company's uniform. A specific booth is assigned to you with a certain amount of money. then you must drive to your booth pay the tool fee and start your day by collecting tool fees and applying customer service courtesy . Depending of your location, you can have your lunch break as early as 6:30am., What I've learned from this job is punctuality, Money management, focus more on what is important, Good management lacks a little bite. The workplace is really friendly but the hardest part of the job is not knowing where you'll be each day especially on snow days
Pros
relaxing job
Cons
poor salary, early lunch break, lot of driving
The only positive is that. You're always Talking to patrons, Some of them I met were very good and friendly. But the work itself and the management are completely senseless. No benefit,poor organization. They expect you to drive your vehicle to and from the toll boot. No mileage etc
Pros
Cons
A complete waste of time
Love interacting with people, so this job is easy. I have gained great patience working with agitated people as well, so it's easy to put a smile on someone's face.

Hardest part is trying to get the customer to understand waiting in line.
for the majority of the workers with the company there is little to no chance for advancement, at least in the program which I managed. very low worker satisfaction also.
Pros
good benefits for the upper eschelon employees
Cons
bad benefits for lower paid employees
most workers at Faneuil were low paid hourly employees who were contracted through Faneuil to work for the government. very stressful for these employees with little to no chance for improvement.
Pros
fairly easy job
Cons
no raises for entry level position
Don't ever work here. It's terrible and they preach promoting from within but I have a bachelor's degree, have worked there for over 6 months in the lowest position, and still haven't even heard about a slight chance. They expect you to be there even when you're not scheduled, and they don't fix your schedule. Very terrible place to work for, absolutely awful benefits, and no respect for employees.
Pros
hahahahaha yeah right
Cons
everything
Good as a temporary job but not a good long term job. Does not give raises but allows employees to rise in ranks after a long period of time
Assisting with setting up new account for ezpass, the company does not advise of your length of service in a interveiw
I would not refer anyone to work for this company for various reasons