Fannie Mae Employee Reviews

Found 1,004 reviews matching the search See all 1,008 reviews
Great Company but Layoff often
Mortgage Insurance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Fannie Mae is a great company to work for but they layoff often so its hard to establish your career with the company due to reorganizations. It's a fun company and management does listen to the employees, benefits are great, plus tuition reimbursement is offered.
Management is beginning to focus on the employee
Vice President of Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2019
Current and previous management has invested a lot of money and time on the employee including investments in two new buildings and an open work concept.
Pros
Good pay and solid mission
Cons
consensus environment/decisions take along time
My Experience
Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 13, 2019
Overall experience depends how you have been dealing with the situation. For me it went great. Except few ups and down. In general the company does allows you to sync in the environment while keeping the right pace.
Pros
Independent Environment
Cons
May be need to get little more better in terms of structure development
Great Company
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Great company to work and learn meantime about Lending procedures, rules and regulations. Very demanding job as an UNW and working a fast paste environment. Had to UNW at least 16-20 loans a day when working as an UNW.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Fast working environment
FM experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 13, 2019
Overall it was a good experience. Co-workers were very accommodating and helpful. A lot of highly intelligent people work for this company which makes it very competitive.
Good Placeto work
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Good place to work however some manager do not know how to follow the policy. Texas location is great.

• Verified compliance in Retail and correspondent banking activities engaged in by various business lines as they related to jurisdictions outside the United States including cards cash, and foreign/domestic wires
Pros
flexible work place
Cons
Call in with sort notice
Good overall experience
AVP - Attorney Firm Management Manger (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2019
I learn a lot while at Fannie. Management was keen on growing in knowledge and providing big picture of corporate vision. Interactions between departments was encouraged. I was able to sharpened by management organizational skills. I was able to develop excellent business relationship with client around the country.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Too many meetings and bureaucracy.
good
UAT Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2019
best place to work. Learned how to lead and manage a team.The guidance.
The working hours are flexible in fanniemae. Working env is best as well.Nice place.
Exciting workplace and company culture
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Great place to work with some of the best people in the industry. They really go out of their way to make you feel a part of the time and they have very generous pay/bonus structure as well.
Great Place to Work
NETWORK ENGINEER IV (Former Employee) –  Urbana, MDJanuary 28, 2019
I worked there as a consultant for about a year. They were a good bunch of people. They really wanted to keep a good work life balance. They assisted me as a new contractor without question and were very supportive.
Productive and Fun filled environment
Director - finance data and project management (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2019
Great team comaraderie with good learning opportunities.
Opportunity to build a brand new team of talented data focused members.
LEAN principles are applied in day to day work, making the structure easy to follow.
Pros
Great peers
typical work day
Sr. On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 26, 2019
It is very relaxing place to work. They provide you with laptop so you can work remote. Good place to learn new skills. They hire College students both intern or graduates.
Worse Place Ever!
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2019
Very bureaucratic. Discrimination. Racism. Backstabbing. Lack of career progression. Too much pretense.
I have over 15 years of experience and this is the worse place I have ever worked for. It almost gave me depression. Manager was very horrible and director sided with manager because they were buddies and friends from the same regions.
There were a couple of lovely people but when you are unlucky to find yourself in a bad team, that is the end of you.
My manager did everything to put me under the bus. I was not given bonuses and merit raise because it was redirected to be given to my manager as his promotion even after I had been working in an understaffed team for months and even after I helped train new staff who joined our team.
I am happy I left that company. I would never work for Fannie Mae....even in my dreams, I would never.
Pros
401k matching.
Cons
Too much bureaucracy
Extremely Toxic!!!!
Administrative Support IV (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day includes dodging the many bullets and knives being thrown front and back. Extremely cutthroat and riddled with unethical behavior and activities.

Federal Housing and Finance Agency has it's work cut out! This environment needs to be "cleaned" and revamped for the sake of the housing industry!

Stay as far way from here if you desire a peaceful workplace; it's impossible to have here.
Benefits
Cons
extremely cutthroat
management need to walk the talk
SDET Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 24, 2019
things are done more for check marks rather than for people or company advancements.

management needs to stop making all the decisions and "..saying you are empowered"
I felt empowered to make decisions, but hindered by governance and compliance requirements.
Business Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2019
I was very happy at Fannie Mae, but left due to concerns over potential layoffs. Across my tenure I was challenged to learn new areas of the business, but this knowledge did not result in opportunities for advancement.
Foreclosure Specialist V (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work. Great life work balance. Most enjoyable part of the job, knowing you have made a difference and have contributed to the companies mission.
Cons
Place to work for competitive environment and opportunity to learn new technology
Technology Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 17, 2019
- Cultural diversification and respect for all races, ethnicity and background
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Opportunity to grow and learn new technology
- Market standard benefits
- Hardest part -- being competitive environment sometime hard to have life balance. Workload burns the other life such as family life
- Being a GSE company, regulating entity does not allow to sponsor team building events. In another words no budget for fun events.
A great place to work
Lead Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Fannie Mae offered an environment, conducive to a healthy work place. It's a workplace that offers a fast paced environment. The company has many resources and knowledgeable people to assist w/ resources.
Pros
Great resources.
Cons
N/a
Good Place to Work
Systems Analysis Lead (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 16, 2019
Good Management and willing to help employees learn new technologies and implement them in projects. Gives weight to employees ideas and help them to implement the ideas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fannie Mae. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight