Fannie Mae Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
REO Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. Wonderful people and great culture. Great benefits and great perks. Hard work but great pay. Met wonderful co workers while working there.
Productive and easy going enviornment
Compliance Credit Risk Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
Laid back and self paced work culture. The department I worked required minimal supervision and no micro management. Everyone did their duties and were accountable for their own portfolio management.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Hard to move to another department
opportunities
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mae, WAJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work, learn and grow

Learned a lot about the housing market and Mortgage Back Securities

Many team and functions at the company, you can learn a lot
Demanding envornment
Production Support Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 16, 2018
I loved the job I was doing but the management needs to learn how to balance work/life for the employees. The demand and stress on the production/application support is very high.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
In production/application support the environment can become toxic.
Its A Laid Back Place To Work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 16, 2018
It's A Wonderful Environment . It's Easy Labor Job Not To Stressful Or Hard On Your Body.Make Great Money Just Alot Of Time At Work. The People are great
Pros
Good money
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Experience at Fannie Mae
Analyst and Senior MBS Trader (Former Employee) –  Mae, WAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Fannie Mae, with the largest benefits being the fact that I worked with a great team on the market desk with individuals that I liked and respected. I also learned a lot about my specialty during my time at Fannie Mae. My primary reasons for leaving were (1) my daily commute from the Virginia suburbs to Fannie Mae's DC location, and (2) my perception that Fannie Mae too often promoted from outside the company and that I faced very slim prospects for promotion into management. However, on net, I have no regrets about my time at Fannie Mae and would still be there if another great opportunity had not crossed my path.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, challenging work
Cons
Lack of internal promotion and advancement policies and practices.
Stressful
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 12, 2018
Lack of diversity. Senior Management was not concerned about the work environment of their team. It became a toxic work environment with some reorganizational changes.
Place sucks
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2018
Fannie Mae is completely mismanaged. The biggest problem is people there are almost like government workers with the entitlement and knowledge they won't get fired. The tech organization is poorly run and lack of focus. I would stay far away from them as a company.
Pros
Cons
too many things to say
Productive and knowledge gathering environment
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 10, 2018
Very good working environment , each day learned lot and delivered task. Management was very good and friendly. workplace culture was very good.Not much hard time faces because of co-workers are very helpful.
Great to gain experience
DevOps/AWS Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 10, 2018
I loved my time at Fannie Mae. I found most co-workers were very driven while also friendly. You really have the opportunity to make a difference here. You build your own path. I had a close working relationship within my department. We worked well together and there was always support, so I never felt like I couldn't ask for guidance or help.

Keep up the outstanding work, thank you for your efforts!
Pros
I have been working at Fannie Mae Less than a year, Fannie Mae offers challenging work, and outstanding management team and co-workers, the right tension between personal autonomy and management oversight, related to project and routine work
Cons
I found None
Great company
Cyber Security Specialist - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 10, 2018
I was given several opportunities for advancement over the years. The company makes every effort to improve where needed based on the satisfaction surveys.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weekends and OT always expected.
Passive Aggressive Popularity Contest
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 6, 2018
Tough place to work, decision style is more by "whimsy" than based on previous actual experience. Top performers are the ones that make "easy" look "hard".
Pros
Pay, they pay 30% above local average
Cons
Too many
Great Benefits
Strategy and Insights Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 5, 2018
Offer great benefits and work life balance. Advancement opportunities can be driven by internal politics. Nice new facility with opportunity for a relaxed work environment.
New workplace, great teammates.
QA Manual Tester (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 3, 2018
It was great working at Fannie Mae. I learned a lot from the teams I worked with. My supervisor gave me plenty of work, and provided me with extra whenever I asked.
Only interetsed in Salary, Fannie Mae is your Company
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
Good Pay and I believe that’s why people stay for so long. Its not the quality of the work, but the pay. Some departments are flexible with Work from Home benefits, while other departments aren’t as flexible.
Inclusive company but not including. Upper management lacks communication to employees, they lack people skills and they will “throw you under the bus” whenever it benefits them. The company lacks respect for many of its employees, as well as, value. There is no teamwork and little collaboration amongst the teams resulting in many employees/managers looking out for themselves. The attrition is high, impacting little to no training or some jobs not continuously being done. No structured mentoring program. Limited growth opportunities. No vision/strategic plan, therefore the company hire folks into positions with limited or no job scope and soon after release them due to budget constraints. Frequent organization changes or restructuring ( 2 reorg’s in 1.5 years) Finally, this company is extremely cliquey. As an experience manager working at other Fortune 500 companies, I have chosen to leave and return to a company that promotes communication, structured, enjoyable and respectful work environments.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Managers lack people skills, no clear work structure (alot of loosely, goosey), no mentoring programs, poor internal communication between upper management and staffs, limited growth opportunties and the company lacks repect for its employees
Great opportunities
REO Sales Representative / REO Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 2, 2018
Would still be working there if they had not relocated our team. Fantastic place to work, great culture, great opportunities. Management was easy to work with in the REO Sales division. Was able to work from home.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 1, 2018
Promote diversity as a company as a whole. FP&A team experiences heavy turnover due to lack of better management in the Finance Division. Well paid job in DC area
coorporate jobs
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2018
Great place to learn about mortgage business. I worked as a contractor and it was hard to get a permanent position but it was great in helping you grow
No comment
Application Quality Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20170June 23, 2018
I liked Fannie Mae as the system in Fannie Mae is well documented. Technically and technologically good. But one thing I did not admire, was too much of similar kind of people. There was no diversity.
Technical Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 22, 2018
Can be stressful at times, but compensation and benefits more than make up for the long hours.

The people (in my group, at least) were very friendly and easy to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fannie Mae. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

83out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fannie Mae.

Powered by Comparably