Fannie Mae Employee Reviews

Sr. Loan Servicing Specialist - HAMP (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed every day at Fannie Mae it was a great company to work for. The culture was outstanding. And the work I did with MHA/HAMP was very rewarding.
No Thanks
Corporate Tax - Tax Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Mae, WASeptember 23, 2017
All in all I would not recommend someone work at Fannie because of the uncertainty around if the government will even keep the agency as a mortgage originator.
Cultured
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 20, 2017
I was there for an internship, the team I was with helped me be very well equipped for my future career. When you ask for help , everyone is there for you. I felt comfortable everyday, not out of place. A nice cultured environment.
Pros
management listened
Cons
Job activities
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Support Specialist II/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed being able to help individuals with keeping their homes. Being able to act as a middle person for the consumer with the banks. Helping consumers!
Pros
Moral Boosters
Cons
Managers
Job Advancement
Training and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Mae, WASeptember 17, 2017
Job Advancement throughout G4S is a great element on the Fannie Mae account. All of management has started as a security officer a throughout the years made it to project managers, policy specialist, operations, technical and communication support. The workplace culture is very friendly, a typical day is customer service and ensuring policies per client request are followed.
Balance is Key!
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 15, 2017
A wonderful work/life balance; Management promotes an open environment for expression of ideas and "Best Practices". All levels are given the opportunity to share ways to do things better.
great for contractors
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2017
a different assignment each week
learned alot about the mortgage industry
mgmt. fair and engaged
as a contractor you feel more like an outsider
they respect your role as a contractor
Work, Work place
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 14, 2017
Had a good manager who trust people for the work that was given to them. I was a contractor at Fannie Mae and i don't know about the benefits. A place to learn new things.
Large bureaucracy with uncertain future
Manager, NPL Sales (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, WASeptember 13, 2017
A typical day at Fannie Mae depends completely on the work you do there. The capital markets areas are fast paced and stressful. It has a large IT department that is trying to reinvent itself from a traditional management to a more Agile based shop. The benefits are very good but it is hard to get promoted since the company is shrinking. The fact that the company's future is uncertain due to the conservatorship is a real negative.
Excellant
Portfolio Manager & Sub-Servicing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, great culture, diversity many opportunities for advancement and career moves. Management is excellent, great training and guidance.
Pros
Excellant
Average
Governance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Different, but interesting. The training is very informative, excellent instructors. Never a dull moment. Be an agent of change, and overall be flexible. Sometimes things change at the last minute.
Na
Business Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 7, 2017
Working as a Contractor, it has been a learning experience. The working hours are good, they have excellent benefits for full time employees. Wish contractor would get some of those benefits.
Excellent place to work
Business Analyst III - (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Fannie offered many opportunities, benefits were great, location was good, family was important, great place to work and grow. I would go back to Fannie given the chance.
Pros
Can be stressful, not forgiving of mistakes.
Cons
Very difficult to get employed at an FTE
Loved this place!
PROJECT PORTFOLIO MANAGER/SENIOR ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 6, 2017
I didn't want to leave, but our entire group was RIF'd. It was a great place to work, lots of opportunities for growth, supportive management, etc. I'd still be there today, if I'd had the choice.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits, supportive environment, great lower and mid-level managers (not much direct contact with upper management)
Fast paced work env, supporting many application user teams with job issues, and trouble shooting and resolving environment issue
Systems Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, MDAugust 31, 2017
Monitor, resolve, and manage Autosys and IBM user and environment/ Netcool requests and alerts, including server issues, failures, and alerts. Using MyServices and Remedy to review, manage, execute Autosys incident and change requests, including JIL/jobs loads, deletes, and updates; creations, setting up Universal and Unique Autosys jobs Alerting, creations and updates of Calendars; addressing server issues/ physical hosts, virtual machines, server setup/ definitions and decommissions; issuing Sendevents from the command line (force-starts, on/off ice etc..); profile link creations and updates; and investigate and resolve job failures. Restarting the Autosys systems/ instances and services/ applications and scheduling servers when they drop. Used JAWS and Workload Control Center to run reports and view jobs logs. Utilized MyServices and the Remedy applications to review, manage, execute IBM incidents and change requests, including IDMS and ENDEVOR migrations; data file copy loads; system IPLing; starting and shutting down tasks; investigating failed jobs, restarting, cancelling; perform CA7 job schedule updates or changes; demanding and releasing jobs for execution, holding jobs, etc.
Pros
working remotely at home, 3 - 4 work days
Cons
very hectic at times
Worked there 27 years
Systems Analyst V (Principal Systems Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2017
Working in several lines of business kept things interesting. I accepted a voluntary package to leave, otherwise I'd still be there. A great place to work.
credit verifier/auditor
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
I typically audited the calls and credit card information to ensure no mistakes was made while the data was being entered. I also dealt with customer concerns and any customer issue. The workplace culture was awesome the hallways was lined with trays of candies. The work enviorment was relaxed. the best part was ensuring customer satifaction the hardest part was resisting the candies.
Fannie Mae
Internal Auditor II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2017
Fannie Mae is a great place to work. There's alot of change. They have great benefits. They invest in their people. Its has a lot of wonderful attributes.
Analyst
Senior IT Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2017
Work day can be normal or very long it depends on the issue.
Hardest part maybe troubleshooting issues you don't see or can't find the root cause.
Staff does get training on new technology
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
long days occasionaly
I worked for CGI, and my client was Fannie Mae
Unix Application Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 23, 2017
I worked for CGI, and my client was Fannie Mae. CGI was a good place but they are a sub contracting agency. Only so much they can do. Fannie Mae decided to move my project internal without adequate warning.
Pros
CGI offices are good
Cons
Fannie Mae is misleading and deceitful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fannie Mae. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval