Fannie Mae

Fannie Mae Employee Reviews

United States1,355 reviews

Found 1,355 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,362 reviews
maemortgagefanniemaefnmabalanceculturecontractortechnology

Amazing pay and even better culture

Featured review

Fannie Mae selected this as a representative review
Signing bonuses, yearly bonuses, AND yearly raises are given, no matter the position. I am very much encouraged to take time off, and will even get reprimanded if I respond to emails while on vacation. I have support from all angles and levels of management, and they make me feel validated and important enough to where I can always speak up in the prescience of upper management in meetings.I really cannot complain about even a single aspect. They care about their employees’ well being and even let us decide whether we want to be completely remote (and even work from anywhere in the country) or come in any days.

Pros

Bonuses, yearly raises, Pto, culture

Cons

Sometimes it’s busy I guess?

Okay

Nothing specific. Largest mortgage GSE. Some departments are better than others. Work culture is okay, better than the other mortgage GSE. Huge employer.

Fannie Mae insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Amazing work life balance

Fannie Mae is a great place to be professionally and personally for development. My managers were very attentive, but gave me the space I needed to focus unless I asked for help. It was definitely a flex schedule so you have to have great time management skills and be able to push yourself!

Pros

Great people and pay and benefits - if you have a great team behind you things are great - but don’t step on political land mines. Overall great place except for some managers not easy to handle

Cons

Politics and management

What is the best part of working at the company?The benefits , and the ability to collaborate across different business units with very little red tapes. I love the fact that I work for a company who is so active in our communities What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not having a clear path to a promotion despite getting amazing reviews, a the top 1 ratingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I love the culture, we get lots of opportunities to get together and celebrate the various successes. It is a little rigid at the VP level, but I think it has to do with who you report toWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Super busy since I manage all Accounts Receivable activities both Corporate and REO. I am always on a project rollout as a Product Owner lead because of my knowledge, and I would think also based on my work ethics, and my ability to get along and coordinate with other business units

The Fannie Mae mission is important and I'm proud to have worked there.

When the pandemic started, Fannie Mae went immediately to remote work. Upper management and the CEO continued to reach out to the employees and helped keep morale up, while ensuring that the employees still felt connected. The colleagues that I worked with were engaged and always willing to help make me more successful. Fannie Mae was a very good place to work.

Pros

Good work environment, a CEO that led with humor and a real sense of decency.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement can be few.

Love Fannie!

I love the culture, hybrid work options, work/life balance and commitment of management to employees. The company has done a lot in 2022 to add benefits and compensation for employees.

nice place to work

new building ,good office. brand new headquarter bldg. restraints inside . govt agency feel and security. nice fellow employees . I liked benefits retirement

Pros

education

Cons

city location

Great benefits and workplace

Team culture is friendly and benefits are good. There aren’t many trans employees in the tech side, but I hope to see more apply in the future. Teams are very accepting and make effort with pronouns.

Great work life Balance

I dont have anything to say. Fannie Mae is a great company to work for. Great work life balance and pay. I would recommend this company. I would go back if i had the chance.

Great Work Life Balance, Great Team

Team is very kind and helpful, work is not so challenging, which makes for boring tasks at times, but work life balance is stellar. When there are interesting features to work on, work gets fun again.

Great learning environment

Good maternity benefitsGreat learning environment : lots of smart people, get to know everything about mortgage finance, if you are inquisitive enough

Great mission, great place for management - not so great for associate level

The heart of this company is fantastic. The mission of the company - essentially to help people become homeowners and lower the racial housing gap, is an extremely important mission you can feel good about working towards. Most of the company’s Management Committee are hard working, well-meaning, honest people. The problem is, their intention gets lost somewhere around middle management and as a result, the associate level for the most part does not believe the hype. Most associates are overworked and underpaid, and with the company still working under a conservator, they don’t have ability to approve any company wide pay/benefit increases. Culture is toxic and dysfunctional in many departments and HR does not seem an effective support mechanism for employees - as a result it appears the company is hemorrhaging really talented employees. This is just my view from many years experience in the Marketing and Communications department. It could be a different experience elsewhere in the company - which again is a good company with great intent.

The benefits

The benefits were good included 401k. At the time Fannie matched dollar for dollar. The health insurance by Aetna cost was reasonable and the coverage was great

Exciting mission, dismal culture

Favorable compensation and benefits, but the work culture is extremely toxic. Rude emails, forced collaboration with uncooperative people and everything is re-worked to death. High turnover means something is not working.

Great work/life balance

I enjoyed the teamwork and management while I worked at Fannie Mae. The job tasks provided always kept me busy and engaged. The benefits were amazing.

Good Benefits Bad Company

Benefits are great Pay isn’t up to parVery discriminatory Say they focus on diversity and inclusion but only a few actual diverse departments Hard to get promoted

good work place

Typically no interaction with co workers. only thru emails. you spend your day as you please There a gym in the Dallas location and fun activities. no assigned desk

Meaningful Work, Inclusive Environment

I’ve been a full-time employee for a few months. Projects are interesting and meaningful, and my co-workers are talented, smart, supportive, and collaborative. A great place to work.

Excellent company with great benefits

I absolutely loved working at Fannie Mae. Great company that always cared about Work Life Balance and that has a great purpose. However, in the last few years, focus shifted from employees to trying to go public again, hence cutting into compensation for people and budgets, therefore causing folks doing jobs of more then one person.

Great culture and place to work.

It's a wonderful place to work and the culture is awesome. Management, benefits, and work-life balance are all great. My advice to new employees would be to take advantage of networking and or training opportunities. And look for opportunities to move around every few years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fannie Mae. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fannie Mae.
Powered byComparably