Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My workplace
Shipping/Receiving /Picker/Packer/Assembly Line (Current Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJune 4, 2018
I enjoy the workplace and its atmosphere. The workers at my job make my job fun and easy. My co workers give me strength to do my job to the highest standards and give a 100 plus to all I do.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fannie may
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMay 23, 2018
we prep by going into the break room and drink our coffee to warm up next when were done we go out and our supervisor preps us about the day and tells us the safety rules and falls risks then tell us what project were working that day. we go work then about 10:30 we take our break, then we come back break around 11:00 then we work again then at 1:30 we go to lunch then like around 2:30 we come back from lunch then we start to work again intel 4:30 hit then we are ready to clock out for work but you can stay intel about 6:30 to get over time in if you want but over time is automatically $14.10 a hour every hour of overtime.
Pros
sometimes they put out free chocolates
Cons
short breaks
Work review at Fannie May
Sales Associate, Customer Service and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 15, 2018
I totally enjoyed my job at Fannie. My Manager Kim Brown was very caring and compassionate and always willing to teach her employees the right way of performing a task.
All the free samples i could eat and a very good discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak LawnMarch 12, 2018
Working at Fannie May was nice. You could have worked the hours you wanted but Fannie May has seasonal highs were you would be able to work 40 hours per week then during the summer you were lucky to get 4 hours. I left because of lack of hours available for me to work.
Pros
flexible hours and close to home
Cons
at times to much and most of the time not enough hours to work
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMarch 6, 2018
Terrible place to work. To room for growth. Racist no training. Mandatory overtime all the time. No respect from managers. No voice. Don’t care about our safety
great buisness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 13, 2018
enjoyed stocking merchandise and sales.
learned how to manage money, count the register, drop daily earnings to bank.
most enjoyable part of the job was making customers smile
Pros
free chocolate
Cons
too much chocolate
It was a fun place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  17000 Rockside RdJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fannie Maes The job wasnt stressful it was really laid back as a matter of fact I would love for them to hire me in as permanent the management team and the entire staff were awesome.
Pros
Everything was ok
Cons
I have no complaints
all around fun place to be employed
Cook (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoy working for Fannie May Confections, Inc. There, as an employee, you are given a chance to see reward from the little things you have done on a daily basis.
intertaing fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2018
interacting with great customers, the sales associates in my store were great hard workers, the store excelled, was fun and enjoyable. just wasn't paid enough.
Pros
fun store
Cons
pay vs work put in
Overall Great
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720January 14, 2018
Hours were great and was very easy to split work and personal life. You really get to know the people you work with. Overall, would recommend to anyone.
Friendly treatment and good work environment
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 14, 2018
The company offers the opportunity to learn daily.
Supervisors and managers treat employees with great respect.
There is a great variety of cultures and that gives the opportunity for a different and entertaining learning.
Pros
Flexible schedule for part time employees.
Cons
Some employees work much more than others.
Healthy team environment
Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Managed a good team of 6 who all owned their jobs. Learned a good deal of hands on accounting with responsibilities that included journals, reconciliations, rent accounting, audits.

There was very little turnover in the accounting department as most people enjoyed their jobs and contributed to its success. Over the 7 years I was there, many changes took place from a corporate ownership standpoint, but the accounting department handled each change well.

I learned very specific accounting skills while there that included work with deferred revenue and proper amortization and tracking of prepaid expenses. I personally handled audits from sales tax collection to year end financial.

The culture at Fannie May was pleasant and healthy, with departments involved in planning and executing seasonal office open houses and events.
Pros
self motivated workplace
Cons
occassional stress from period close requirments
Productive and intuitive
Warehouse Lead/Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJanuary 9, 2018
A challenging job with innovative and cultivating operations with room to grow. Over my time here we have moved into two warehouses and completely emptied out our other six warehouses while maintaining our deliveries to our retail stores.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime
no fun but its wok
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILDecember 27, 2017
type of day I have at work clock in at 5 am pick and do other task they give me until the day over sometime I stay after and help out the extra duties
Pros
free lunch
Slow pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2017
Fannie was a good company for someone who is looking to get a part time or first time job. It is very slow pace until valentine days where the stores could be really busy.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 26, 2017
I liked Fannie May because it always has a positive environment between customers and coworkers. It’s never too stressful. Never too busy. I get along with everyone here very nicely
Productive Face Pace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Stocking and selling candy, also supported other regional store services and customer needs where needed. Developed marketing and merchandising plans to enhance sales
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Short breaks and not enough money
fun environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 28, 2017
very fun place to work. the environment is relaxed and awesome leadership. Management is understanding and patient and team is reliable and knowledgeable.
Pros
fun relaxed environment
Cons
low pay and hours
Fun but stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2017
I loved working for them, and I would go back if I could, but managers that had more then one store where over worked and underpaid. They tried to appeal to the original audience but updated their rewards program to suit a younger audience.
A nice place to work for beginners
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 26, 2017
Fannie may candies is a nice place to work if you are just starting out. I was a manager and putting in over 50 plus hours a week, I was making less then the associates being on salary. I take pride in any job I have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.