Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

not for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 7, 2018
I management i had was not management at all and it was not like a proper business at all, it was not organized and there were only four employees for the hole couple of months i worked there
Pros
you worked with candy
Cons
everything
Work Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Fannie May. I learned a lot of customer service skills, how to work in a fast paced environment, and a lot about the products. A typical day would consist of helping customers, stocking, fixing displays and working the cash registrar. I would not specify any parts of the job as "hard". The most enjoyable was working and meeting new people/customers.
Exciting
Processor/ Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 14, 2018
Working for Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.is a great job experience. The job is very laid back along with the atmosphere at company. The managers are very down to earth. So anytime during my duration working for the company management had no problem with taking care any problems I had that came up.
Pros
Free Candy
Cons
N/a
Supervised 10-30 stores in the confectionary business.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  MN,ND,WI,August 22, 2018
Business was very cyclical. Heavy traffic during hoilday seasons.

Date code supervision was necessary with a food product.

Small stores ran on minimum staff.
Fun to work at. A lot of free chocolate and Friendly work environment.
Cash Analyst/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 15, 2018
Stress free environment. People are great to work with. computer programs very user friendly. Benefits are good. Guaranteed full time hours and paid holidays
Great place to work.
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 13, 2018
Job was educational if you want to know about how a company functions in the food manufacturing industry. My boss was the greatest. My co-workers were great people as well.
Pros
Free chocolate to eat while on the premises.
Cons
Free chocolate to eat while on the premises, could adversely affect your health.
Stressful place to work
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 11, 2018
I loved working here but felt I was treated poorly and taken advantage of. Inlet to have a child in 2013. Due to unforseen illness and setbacks with my daughter I did not return for 14 months. When I was offered a job, my pay was much lower than when I left but my duties didn't change. I had to bid on a different job a year after to make more money, but it was still less than what I was making. I was finally making what I was making in 2013 when they let me go in 2018.
My workplace
Shipping/Receiving /Picker/Packer/Assembly Line (Current Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHJune 4, 2018
I enjoy the workplace and its atmosphere. The workers at my job make my job fun and easy. My co workers give me strength to do my job to the highest standards and give a 100 plus to all I do.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fannie may
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMay 23, 2018
we prep by going into the break room and drink our coffee to warm up next when were done we go out and our supervisor preps us about the day and tells us the safety rules and falls risks then tell us what project were working that day. we go work then about 10:30 we take our break, then we come back break around 11:00 then we work again then at 1:30 we go to lunch then like around 2:30 we come back from lunch then we start to work again intel 4:30 hit then we are ready to clock out for work but you can stay intel about 6:30 to get over time in if you want but over time is automatically $14.10 a hour every hour of overtime.
Pros
sometimes they put out free chocolates
Cons
short breaks
Quincy Mall
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working in the mall and in the retail business as well as the hotel industry. I met regular customers tat became part of our Fannie May family. I enjoyed the daily duties of retail and the new items that arrived every day..
Work review at Fannie May
Sales Associate, Customer Service and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 15, 2018
I totally enjoyed my job at Fannie. My Manager Kim Brown was very caring and compassionate and always willing to teach her employees the right way of performing a task.
All the free samples i could eat and a very good discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak LawnMarch 12, 2018
Working at Fannie May was nice. You could have worked the hours you wanted but Fannie May has seasonal highs were you would be able to work 40 hours per week then during the summer you were lucky to get 4 hours. I left because of lack of hours available for me to work.
Pros
flexible hours and close to home
Cons
at times to much and most of the time not enough hours to work
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMarch 6, 2018
Terrible place to work. To room for growth. Racist no training. Mandatory overtime all the time. No respect from managers. No voice. Don’t care about our safety
great buisness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILFebruary 13, 2018
enjoyed stocking merchandise and sales.
learned how to manage money, count the register, drop daily earnings to bank.
most enjoyable part of the job was making customers smile
Pros
free chocolate
Cons
too much chocolate
It was a fun place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  17000 Rockside RdJanuary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fannie Maes The job wasnt stressful it was really laid back as a matter of fact I would love for them to hire me in as permanent the management team and the entire staff were awesome.
Pros
Everything was ok
Cons
I have no complaints
all around fun place to be employed
Cook (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoy working for Fannie May Confections, Inc. There, as an employee, you are given a chance to see reward from the little things you have done on a daily basis.
intertaing fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 15, 2018
interacting with great customers, the sales associates in my store were great hard workers, the store excelled, was fun and enjoyable. just wasn't paid enough.
Pros
fun store
Cons
pay vs work put in
Overall Great
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720January 14, 2018
Hours were great and was very easy to split work and personal life. You really get to know the people you work with. Overall, would recommend to anyone.
Friendly treatment and good work environment
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 14, 2018
The company offers the opportunity to learn daily.
Supervisors and managers treat employees with great respect.
There is a great variety of cultures and that gives the opportunity for a different and entertaining learning.
Pros
Flexible schedule for part time employees.
Cons
Some employees work much more than others.
Healthy team environment
Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Managed a good team of 6 who all owned their jobs. Learned a good deal of hands on accounting with responsibilities that included journals, reconciliations, rent accounting, audits.

There was very little turnover in the accounting department as most people enjoyed their jobs and contributed to its success. Over the 7 years I was there, many changes took place from a corporate ownership standpoint, but the accounting department handled each change well.

I learned very specific accounting skills while there that included work with deferred revenue and proper amortization and tracking of prepaid expenses. I personally handled audits from sales tax collection to year end financial.

The culture at Fannie May was pleasant and healthy, with departments involved in planning and executing seasonal office open houses and events.
Pros
self motivated workplace
Cons
occassional stress from period close requirments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about