Fantasy Springs Resort Casino Employee Reviews

A fun place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 22, 2018
This is a very good place to work, with benefits. Though pay could be better. Since we have to pay for benefits which can make the pay seem that much less.
it was a good place to work in
Hotel housekeeping houseman (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 15, 2018
during my time working i typically would have a day to day routine but management was lacking and sometimes hectic. In the work place coworkers were nice and helpful and enjoyable.
fun place overall to work at
Steward (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 30, 2018
great working experience staff is friendly and you get your 40 hours plus overtime theres plenty of benefits and your job is secured all year around the best part of the job was the friendly staff
benefits
Cons
raises
Fun work environment. Good co workers etc
Bellman (Current Employee) –  La Quinta, CAOctober 14, 2018
Slow paced work environment since I work graveyard. Great employees and good managers very relaxing job. Very flexible with my schedule. Free lunches
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Graveyard shift
good place to work with with afvancment oportunities
Lique Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 2, 2018
I've worked here 4 years and pretty much have no complaints excellent company. You get free lunch if you want too. There's an HR office if you need it and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Dinning room
Cons
Only one 30 min brake
Poor Managment and lowest wage rate
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 17, 2018
if you are salaried they want to work you unlimited, California labor law does not protect you because this is an Indian tribe. They will never pay market salary. They do not support any educational seminars or courses for you to learn more. Manager of the department is very unprofessional (worried too much that you know or can do better, if your education degree higher - you will be not "favorite" )
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very low salary
Public Safety Security or EMT
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 12, 2018
Fast paced, poorly compensated for workload. Honestly I recommend seeking similiar title else where. Its a large company and property for the understaffed department. Raise in salary will take almost a year and no exceed .50 cents in all reality. the longer you stay the better payed you will be.
Pros
Long term ok.
Cons
underpayed for workload
fun place to work
GUEST SERVICES REP (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 26, 2018
The only thing that sucked was it was like a High School. Upper Management likes to throw their rank. And its full of a brown nosing environment. But other than that I did like the job and would probably still be there if I was a brown noser.
Horrible
Server and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 18, 2018
Management and scheduling it’s horrible. It’s a great company to work for with amazing benefits unfortunately managements is the worst; a lot of double standards.
Pros
Free daily meal, employee appreciation days, discounts
Cons
Poor management, schedule, poor pay, no holidays off.
Casino resort
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Fast paced environment in a casino resort. High emphasis on customer service. Great opportunity for growth and advancement. Great staff and supportive management.
fast pace job
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 6, 2018
it was hard work, that I found I could not do a lot of anymore, it is fast and you have to be in shape to work there, the manager in charge came from a different department , and did not really know what she was doing
Pros
free lunch, and drinks, discount at the shops
Cons
to fast a work pace and to strick in the money room
Lots of overtime
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 5, 2018
A typical day was even paced, at times an occasional event would occur, but we were trained to handle these events. Supervisors were good to us handled customer relations when we were unable to help them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative guests that were inconsolable. At those times when they couldn't be calmed down or placated we kindly asked them to leave.
Pros
Over time was available at anytime.
Cons
Mandatory meetings
productive workplace
Cashier and Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 17, 2017
a day in the front desk at fantasy springs resort casino was very
entertaining with the variety of guests we had. I had to check people in and out as well as deal with guest issues.
Management doesnt care about the employees, only their own jobs
Compliance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 16, 2017
They will get rid of you if they dont like you for some little reason. Obviously if you work around money they are strict. However I had just started the job and was just learning the ropes and they let me go for no reason and posted my job online for $2 less a hour. So showed me they wanted to pay the least they could for the most work. They dont even have that great of food for eating lunch. Yes they give you a free meal but its not would you would think. Its mostly cold meats and soup. You have to go buy your own meal from other places in the casino if you want real food. Also everything looks old and outdated.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
bad pay, bad management and bad food
Busy place
Food And Beverage asst. Director (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 28, 2017
Very competitive position with a fast none stop 24-7 food services out-lets. 80 % employee turn-over rate highly demanding and work load. Fantasy spring Casino is well known to provide a warm welcome and guest satisfaction.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Over worked none stop 24-7 work schedule
amazing place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Indio, CA 92203October 10, 2017
It was always great working at fantasy springs casino.i learned so much from all my co-worker to my managers .i learned how to take control of a big crowed and managed to always make every customer overwhelmed .i don't believe there was something hard about working there.i enjoyed every moment of it.
Fun, Productive, Excellent
Bell person (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 4, 2017
Everyday is unpredictable, you will never know how your day will be going, but overall, it was fun, productive, and I was able to expand my knowledge.
Pros
Free lunch, Wide parking space for the employee, they take care of their employees by their employee activities.
Cons
nothing to complain about.
fun place to work, great meeting new people
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 11, 2017
Fantasy Springs has a pleasant work environment. It's a nice casino, clean and fun. A lot of celebrities visit Fantasy Springs and there is always something to do. The employees are great to work with as well.
fun place great enviornment fast pace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 9, 2016
I've worked for this company for about five years . As a whole they provide a great working environment, it is fast pace always something to do . The atmosphere that co workers and management create make it an enjoyable and fun place to work .
Pros
fast pace great enviorment
Cons
smoking
routinary
EVS/Housekeeping/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 8, 2016
just routine, not much to learn; management just okey, co-workers no problem, the hardest part of the job is too much smoke in the air.
Pros
30 minutes for lounge, free lounge, and two 10 minutes breaks
Cons
no health care/ we have to pay for it