Fargo Jet Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
College Job
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 7, 2018
There is not much advancement in the line department.

Your typical day really does not change, some will say the best part is coming to work and always doing something different. You fuel planes and you move planes, the ONLY thing that changes is the order in which it is done.

What I learned working here is once you work in this industry long enough you lose all your other skills and get "stuck". Fueling aircraft and moving them does not bring you many other skills.

Like most growing companies, the management makes it difficult to find joy in what you do.

The workplace culture is clicky. Most Line Techs dislike their job and their reasons for still working here are mostly because they are stuck, the hours work nice for school, or they are using the the flight lesson discount. Equipment is constantly broken down and people are always complaining because of it. You are always battling Mother Nature.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with management and their side projects.

The job itself is fun, but management makes it difficult.

I can recommend the job if you are using it for the Flight School discount or you need some income while in college. You can get good part-time hours.

Also, don't fall for the "Summer is what makes this job worth it" line. 100% humidity and you get to work outside in the blazing hot sun with a flannel shirt.
Pros
Half Off Flight School, Work With Airplanes
Cons
Carcinogens, Management, Hours, No Lunch Break, Work Weekends, No Shift Rotation, Favoritism, Side Projects, "Replaceable", Pay
Maintenance Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 26, 2018
inventory, workorders, ordering parts, talking to customers, shipping, recieving, sales,
to speak with international customers, as well as domestic,
good place to work
making sure paper work was correct for intnatioan shipping
Knowing out paper work was right
Family type environment
aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 28, 2018
A good place to work as long as you have enough support for the job you have been given. I was out on major medical leave and they found out it took 4 people to do what I had been doing by myself.
Priorities in the Wrong Places
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 27, 2018
The biggest problem is that the priorities of the company are in the wrong places. The Line Department works with equipment mainly from the 1980's and 90's that faces frequent issues while towing multi-million dollar aircraft, while money is poured into executive office remodels, marketing events and trips, and frequent unnecessary "upgrades" to an already high class lobby.

The Line department is frequently referred to as the backbone of the company, but rarely receives a simple thank you from the various other departments and executives that utilize us for extensive side projects. These side projects also frequently take us away from our main purpose, which is front-line customer service. Management within the line department itself is mostly good and well meaning, however. There is a struggle with high turnover rate as many people get burnt out and move onto other opportunities. The recent removal of the trainer position has led issues with consistency, and it's taking significantly longer to get people trained in.

The organization is very top heavy with many different executive positions, which is odd considering it refers to itself as a relatively small company. Some of these executives also use the line department for basic tasks that most normal members of society would do for themselves, such as fueling their personal cars and fetching their cars from various locations, which again, takes us away from serving customers.

If you're looking for a college job for a few years that has decent pay, I may recommend it, but don't expect to make a career here. The work
  more... itself is cool if you like planes, and you occasionally get a glimpse of a celebrity or two. Winters aren't always fun, but it's nice to play outside during the other three seasons. This review is only my opinion, and your mileage may vary with different departments.  less
Pros
Decent compensation package, the other line technicians make the shifts bearable
Cons
Executive leadership, money funneled to the wrong places
I really enjoy working here!
Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 16, 2017
I love coming to work every day! I get to be around airplanes, my coworkers are very friendly, and management is extremely supportive and helpful. I believe having a good attitude, support for the company, and hard work has gotten me and others in the company the career advances we were in search of. Management has always provided (or at least have done their best) the right tools and training to get the job done. Every day is a little bit different and I find myself gaining new knowledge all the time.The company also provides fun events for team members throughout the year, and the benefits package that is offered is very generous (health, dental, vision, life, 401k, etc.) I always recommend this place to friends!
Pros
Fun people, supportive management, great benefits!
Mistake
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 7, 2017
Horribly managed company that only cares about the employees that have been there since the beginning. As someone that is brought in from another company they work you to death, reap the benefits and wait till you find an opportunity to leave. Most unfriendly environment I've ever stepped foot in and have never been more relieved when I left.
Productive, Educational, and Welcoming
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 3, 2017
The Jet Center is a fantastic place to work, and they helped this new technician gain skills and real world experience. The environment is friendly, and you can always ask for help if need be. Wide variety of aircraft too!
Pros
Thorough training, breaks, and great pay.
Cons
None other than I was contract.
Neat to work aside planes and jets!
lineman (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 3, 2015
Its not everyday that you may get to see a A-list celebrity sitting in your employer's lobby making small talk with your co-workers and have it played off as 'not a big deal' - this can happen quite frequently here.
Pros
Equipment and events onsite
Cons
Very clicky co-worker body, tough to ice-break
Great group of guys to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo,NDAugust 5, 2015
Fargo Jet Center is an amazing FBO to work for. They have a very experienced staff and are always willing to train new mechanics. Fargo Jet Center has great management. i would recommend the Fargo Jet Center to anyone who is willing to move to Fargo, ND.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fargo Jet Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Fargo Jet Center Reviews by Location