FARM BUREAU BANK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun Place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2018
Very professional and lots of opportunities to advance. Everyone is very respectful to each other and cheers each other on. Business Casual and easy to do very well.
Awful
Customer care (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2018
The structure and management is awful. Add to it, their vastly outdated systems and convoluted procedures that they have no intention in fixing..

The only reason why this place has been around for 20 years is due to the independent Farm Bureau Insurance agents having a financial interest in refering their customers to this poorly managed bank!.. That's sink faster then the titanic if they had to operate with our the Farm Bureau insurance agents!

I felt bad for these customers. More often then not, I'd speak to a customer who had spoken to 2, 3 maybe even 4 different customer service representatives, sometimes with in the same day, on one or more unresolved issues, totally unacceptable to me. It's obvious management didn't give a hoot about my complaints about it.

Of course they'll spin it. I mean, what are they going to say "yea we svck!".. I'm glad I resigned when I did!.. Had i known prior to applying or during the interview process just how awfully ran this bank is, I would of gladly passed!
Pros
Hours, Pto
Cons
Management 100%
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy
Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2018
This place is just AWFUL. The only people who advance are people friends with the management. The turn over is high and the work is dumped on the employees to figure out. Sometimes they do sketchy things that make me wonder how they've managed to stay in business for 18 years.
Pros
Relaxed dress
Cons
Low moral, nepotism
March 1, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your less than ideal experience at FBB and appreciate your continued commitment in spite of the comments shared in this review. Since you are a current team member, please consider speaking with management and/or our Human Resources area(s) to help resolve these concerns.

While we encourage friendships across all levels at Farm Bureau Bank, advancement results from a team member's hard work and commitment to making the Bank successful. Management may naturally notice and rely on the individuals whose work exceeds expectations. Friendships are not a factor in advancement decisions.

Turnover is also a natural part of any industry, especially banking. We are pleased that most turnover is due to internal transfers and remains competitive with industry average. Team members who remain in departments experiencing turnover may be asked to stretch beyond current responsibilities temporarily until a replacement can be located. Management works closely with Human Resources to evaluate staffing priorities and determine recruitment needs.

As previously mention, we strongly encourage you to discuss your concerns with management and/or the Human Resources area(s). We value our team members' feedback!

Productive Unfair Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Vp's are so tight with raises you can't squeeze a quarter out of them. All Management has their favorites. If you are not a brown noser you won't go very far here. Most of the staff are friendly once they all warm up to you. Don't expect to grow here at this company unless you kiss up to the manager's. No room to grow. The hardest part about working here is seeing new employees come in and make more money than the people that have been here 6+ years, and the gossip. Gossip comes from VP's and Management not the employees. Do not tell your personal business to any of them and expect it to just stay between you two. It will make its way out on the 3rd floor staff before you get off the elevator. Enjoyable part of work is the potlucks.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No bonus, Cut sick time, low pay
February 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Farm Bureau Bank provides merit increases based on individual team member performance and regularly conducts local salary comparisons to remain competitive. The "bonus" is awarded annually when the Bank meets its performance goals and we, too, are saddened that the Bank was not as profitable in 2017 as in previous years. 2018 is looking like a much stronger year.

The Bank's Human Resources Department provides managers with ongoing education opportunities to ensure compliance and personal discretion regarding team member conversations.

Thanks again and We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

fast pace and always busy
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2017
I worked the 80-150 delinquent accounts clocked in sign in on computer call customers , take payments, answer calls, follow up with credit card customers . I learned how credit cards work and how to put customers on Members Assistance Programs, not being able to find resolution for customer was the hardest part. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to find a solution for customer
Pros
breaks, lunch
Cons
not enough hours
February 7, 2018

Thank you for your dedication to finding customer solutions. We encourage you to work with your manager to resolve any scheduling concerns.

Great company but work politics
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Overall it is a great company with amazing benefits however there is a lack of attention to salary. The worth of the employees is definitely underpaid alongside poor management that almost turns into a dictatorship. The politics of knowing someone is easier to get an advancement than someone who is greatly qualified. There’s so much that gets swept under the rug and people are almost treated as if they are disposable and are nothing. The management team does not value their employees.
February 7, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! We are glad to hear the benefits package is attraction.

Salaries are regularly compared to the local market to remain competitive. Additionally, merit increases are awarded based on team member performance.

Farm Bureau Bank greatly values the difference each team member makes each day. Managers attend ongoing education opportunities regarding team member compliance and appreciation. We also encourage team members to have open discussions with their managers to address these and other concerns

Thank you for being a part of our FBB family!

Good company, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, poor management, alot of favoritism. Indeed job culture is very good there's a lot of good employees a lot of good benefits.
February 7, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the FBB culture and benefits package.

Managers are required to attend ongoing education opportunities to ensure team member compliance and appreciation. Team members are also encouraged to discuss any concerns regarding favoritism and/or other potential areas of improvement with their managers. After all, we can only address what is brought to our attention.

Thank you for being a valued team member!

Fast paced, heavy phone based environment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2017
Quick study, work in a stress environment with no supervision, perform and compete with peers. Be a team player and ready to assist others. Take on new challenges
February 7, 2018

Thank you for the feedback!

We respect the stressful nature of the Collections job duties and appreciate those of you who have the skills to navigate such delicate conversations. Organizational changes to this area have shown positive results regarding team environments and incentives. We are open to future changes as needed to maintain a positive work environment for our team members.

Thanks again and we wish you the best in your future endeavors!

amazing team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2017
Great Management!!! The most enjoyable part was working with my team. Everybody is nice so it made it easy going to work every day! Amazing training so your prepared to do your job duties.
Pros
paid volunteer opportunities
Cons
n/a
February 7, 2018

Thank you! We take great pride in our orientation and customer care job specific training programs. FBB culture embraces camaraderie and ongoing education opportunities for management.

We appreciate your feedback!

Very busy, yelled at by management, very old systems
Collector I, Collections Dept (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Farm Bureau Bank is a virtual bank (Online). The people are friendly. Management needs coaching. A lot of yelling and bring you down. Their systems are not automated making work more complicated.
February 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are saddened to hear about your experience with management. Our managers attend ongoing education regarding team member compliance and appreciation. The FBB culture also embraces open, respectful communication so team members are encouraged to work with managers to resolve any concerns.

Your review is appreciated. We wish you well.

No Set Schedule
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2016
Great place to work at they will definitely treat you like family. But the schedules rotate monthly. Management does have their favorites and it shows.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
favoritism
February 14, 2018

Thank you for the feedback!

Rotating schedules are a necessity in some areas of our business. We truly appreciate the team members who adapt to shifting schedules so we can continue to operate successfully.

We believe that the work environment is what we make it. Therefore, we strive to create a work environment where differences of opinion can be resolved through respectful, open communication. Team members are encouraged to work with managers to resolve scheduling or any other concerns.

Thanks again for your review.

Not the place for every one, they expect you to think
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Not a robot place to work. You're asked to show up to make a difference. Doing the right thing for customers is big here. Turnover spiked last year due to quick hires that were not a good fit for this company's culture. It's really not for everyone. If you want a job where you have no accounability, keep looking. Managers will expect you to be on time, perform quality work and contribute to the team environment. I've worked here over 7 years and I love my job. No company is perfect, but you'll get back what you put in with Farm Bureau Bank.
Pros
Jeans in dress code, annual bonus, benefits, popcorn fridays, ability to make a difference, tuition reimbursement, 401k matching, family feel
Cons
Growing pains, inconsistent communication, no work from home, too slow to let go of problem employees
February 14, 2018

Thank you for the feedback and dedication to Farm Bureau Bank!

Poor management
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2016
I worked at this company for quite some time and have seen plenty of things happen. Work loads are quite heavy because the company doesn't want to hire more people. Instead they make you work through lunch/dinner and you may get a pat on the back. A substantial part of the management is not qualified to hold their positions and the amount of brown nosing at this company is atrocious. They state that they value education, but are unwilling to work with student schedules. If you had a degree, it seemed to be frowned upon because your boss didn't have one. Upper management has a tendency to blame employees for THEIR errors in order to keep their noses clean. Whenever the company starts losing money, they find ways to terminate employees so they don't have to pay unemployment benefits. This place has too many issues to list... You have been warned!
Pros
weekends off
Cons
poor managment, no room to advance, favoritism
February 14, 2018

Thank you for your time with FBB and feedback. The experience your review describes is not one that we strive to create at Farm Bureau Bank.

Over the past few years, we have enhanced the overall work environment through building upgrades, department structuring and leadership education. Learning is a never ending process and we are committed to helping our team members, including managers, achieve their education goals. We continue to offer tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and job rotations.

Team members are also encouraged to work with managers to provide feedback and resolve any concerns. We value our team members' ideas and efforts, especially, since they are essential to FBB's continued success.

Thanks again and we wish you the best!

Favoritism at its best
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2016
Company started out good but too many people come and go. The turn overvrate is high, managers here have their favorites lets just say if you kiss enough butt or look a certain way youll do great here! People in the contact center gossip including managers. Dont waste your time at this job and if you do get a phone interview ask about the turn over rate and why. Trainers dont train you everything you need to know and they have ONE person in HR but shes vice president lol of herself i guess. Cant trust the managers here if you tell them something in confidence expect other reps to know as well.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
favoritism
February 14, 2018

Feedback is a gift so thank you. We are happy to share that FBB's overall turnover rate has been and remains comparable to industry standards.

Our Customer Contact area does experience turnover more frequently, typically with team members transitioning to other areas within the company. We enjoy seeing team members learn new skills and master multiple areas of FBB.

Additionally, our HR area has expanded and continues to serve as a valuable resource for all team members. Managers are expected to complete annual education opportunities to ensure team member compliance and skills development. While we realize not everyone will be satisfied all the time, we do encourage team members to express concerns to managers and work together to find ideal solutions.

Thank you again for the feedback. We hope you are doing well.

Need alot of work
Collector III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2016
Company needs work in finding the right people to put in charge. Too many employee's including management, lacking the minimal knowledge to be in the positions they hold.
Pros
1hr Lunch
Cons
Daily schedule changes, lack of decent management, poor communication skills, etc...
February 14, 2018

We're sorry to hear that your experience was less than ideal and appreciate your review.

The FBB HR and Training Departments have extended much effort over the past few years to enhance knowledge and skills bank-wide. Managers are required to complete education opportunities to ensure team member compliance and leadership skills development. We also encourage team members to discuss and work through concerns with management. After all, we can only resolve concerns when they are shared.

Thank you for the feedback and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

Growing and reliable company
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2015
Underwrite auto loans. Flexible hours and good work environment.
The underwriting was done over the phone and agents would ask that we would complete the application right then and there.
February 14, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your FBB experience. Farm Bureau Bank is definitely unique in having underwriters process applications over the phone. Our referring Farm Bureau agents and customers have expressed appreciation for the timely processing of their installment loan and credit card applications.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Excellent Place to Work
Assistant Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2014
Farm Bureau Bank is a small, online bank with many complexities that make the job experience there fun. Management is constantly concerned about work/life balance and even implemented the FISH program to promote work/life balance in 2004. The entire team is committed to providing the best service for clients, and a great banking experience for all who apply.

As a team member, I managed cash flow, reconciliations, and any other accounting element needed by the bank. The Bank is conveniently located for individuals living on the north side of Loop 1604 in northern San Antonio.

Their annual Christmas dinner is extremely fun, and can even get wild at times. The staff and management were top of the line.
Pros
Excellent Attention to the Needs of the Staff
Cons
If you like boredom, this is not the place for you.
February 14, 2018

We love hearing these comments! Thank you!

Wishing you the best now and in the future.

Small bank with family like culture.
Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 1, 2014
For a small bank, business was increasing. From the momentous get there it was non-stop work. Upper management was excellent. The President/CEO was awesome and very involved with his employers. Recently brought in new way of increasing morale. Co-workers were great as well, almost like family.
Pros
Company is constantly showing you their appreciation with lunches and events Great Benefits!.
Cons
Not all management was adjusting to the new culture brought on by the President/CEO.
February 14, 2018

Thank you for the kind review! We remain committed to our family like culture and take great pride in our competitive benefits package.

Thanks again and we hope you are doing well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FARM BUREAU BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight