Farm Bureau Insurance Employee Reviews

under appreciated for the work load you are responsible for
Policy Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 29, 2018
stressful & understaffed for the work load for the entire state of SC coming into the state office to process. Supervisor's do no believe in team work
Pros
steady work
Cons
under appreciated
Great Company
Office Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARMay 26, 2018
Farm Bureau is a great place to work at. I loved the people that I worked with and I could not ask for a better boss, even their boss is friendly and knows you on a first name basis. However, at this point in my life I am looking for a job that pays more and has more opportunity for advancement even if that comes with the risk of job security.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative/Agency mgr asst (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 21, 2018
If you enjoy working in insurance you will enjoy working at Farm Bureau. I know that each office is different so basically your enjoyment of the work environment is based on the people you work with, and I enjoyed most everybody I worked with.
Clerk Typist
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 23, 2018
Preformed any and all clerical requirements made by the employees. Work environment was acceptable. I learned what was needed to live and survive in the world.
Good Company
SENIOR OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MIApril 10, 2018
Fair company. Good culture. Fun & fast paced. The work life balance is good. Manager allowed time off for things such as family events or trips. Lax work environment. I enjoy it.
I enjoyed working with this comapny.
Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIApril 4, 2018
Overall, My years at farm Bureau was a pleasant working environment and was the best company I had the privilege to work for!
The company always consider your opinions on Insurance related issues and Management always looked out for their employees and backing them on their claims decision.
Best Opportunity in Insurance
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIMarch 15, 2018
At Farm Bureau Insurance we’re dedicated to serving Michigan - and only Michigan. We were founded in 1949 by Michigan farmers—members of Michigan Farm Bureau—who wanted an insurance company that worked as hard as they did, gave honest service, and cared about Michigan’s future. With over 800 associates and nearly 450 agents spread across all regions of the Great Lake state, we are prepared to protect you from the risks of everyday life.
fun place to work
Auto Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 6, 2018
very large company and family atmosphere that was customer driven. range of all ages and everyone was driven to make this the best company around. face pace.
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2018
Farm Bureau is a very unique insurance company to work at for many different reasons. Depending on which county you work in you either are paid and employed by Farm Bureau while other counties are paid by the Agency Owner. Had many opportunities to make bonuses.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
N/a
Insurance
MSR (Current Employee) –  Dewitt, ARMarch 1, 2018
Insurance is a great job to have it is just simply not something I enjoy doing as much as banking. It's busy and fast pasted some days and other days very laid back.
Pros
People
Cons
Healthcare
good company
Brighton, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  michiganFebruary 22, 2018
they are a steady company with a solid product. they have a strong customer base. training is sufficient. computer system could use improvement. good hours.
Loved the customers!
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durango, COFebruary 13, 2018
I loved working at the Farm Bureau in Durango Colorado. It was something new and I loved all the customers. It was a challenge but a great experience.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
N/a
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNFebruary 13, 2018
This job can be very stressful and overwhelming. I have great co workers. Answering multiple phone lines, helping customers make changes to their policies. Help agents, take pymts, apply money.
What I learned
Agent Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boerne, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I learned a lot for how to propare auto, homeowners, rental quotes.
Signed members up for there membership. Talked with a lot of the members with the concerns.
Pros
Learned a lot about different insurance
Cons
At the time I work there we where in an old house so it was cold.
Great Place to work--Could not offer fulltime position
Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, NCJanuary 14, 2018
Great Agency Manager, Friendly Staff Great environment, Flexible hours, Great Location, A typical day involved making calls to set appointments for Agent. Helping the customers with various issues.
Pros
Great Location, Great Agency Manger
Cons
Could not offer me a full time position
agent
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Tuttle, OKJanuary 14, 2018
this is a fast paced company that is growing more and more every day and has a ton of room for growth! the only downfall is the industry as a whole having to depend on a hail storm to make a living.
Fun Company to Work For
AGENCY OWNER (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2018
Farm Bureau is a great place for young entrepreneurs to start their careers. They offer a great way to start a new agency without all of the start up fees.
Pros
freedom to set your own schedule
Cons
income
Relaxed environment
Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Lake Crystal, MNJanuary 2, 2018
I started at Farm Bureau as a licensed agent given a minimum of accounts to be written. I was hired as a part-time employee while I am currently enrolled in college. My supervisor was extremely understanding of my school schedule and very accommodating.
Minimum advancement
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ArDecember 28, 2017
•Poor management (under qualified)
• little to no advancement
•low pay with no benefits
•not the workplace for young motivated individuals
•ideal for older established individuals
great company
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTDecember 21, 2017
Great company, great management. Great overall experience.

I love here and don't want to leave ever. The pay is great and I enjoy what I do. Highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Bureau Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.