Farm Bureau Insurance Employee Reviews

Good place to work with competitive rates and still cares for the insured
CSR, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIApril 3, 2019
Good corporate culture and focused on team development. CEO works hard to remain at the forefront of insurance changes and makes sure the staff is well educated.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Raises are inconsistent
great co workers
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  RISON, ARMarch 22, 2019
I enjoyed working with the customers.
Answering the phone.
Making changes to customers policies
Keying payments
Faxing correspondence to customers
Terrible management in Michigan
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 18, 2019
Terrible management in Michigan. No support, revolving door of Agents, every 6 months. Agents who do make it do not make it on merit, rather they make it due to being management favorites. Unprofessional management that discusses political views in meetings. And you'll be expected to meet with management 3 times a week.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management and terrible corporate culture
Claims Adjustor
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 14, 2019
Processing claims for the auto material damage unit. Working with body shop to determine about of damage and price. Settling total loss vehicles for personal as well as commercial vehicles
Pros
Working with people and cutomers
Cons
High stress
Steady job
P/C Underwriter II, Homeowner Field Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 26, 2019
I work in the underwriting department and this has provided me steady employment for a number of years. The job was not difficult but there was no opportunity for advancement
Agents office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIFebruary 25, 2019
Agents office can be quiet or busy. Fast past or extremely slow. But an overall decent place to work. I do not know much about the home office, but the agent's offices are nice to work in with you like working with all kinds of people.
Busy Busy but Rewarding!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 15, 2019
You must be able to multi-task very well to be able to be a good fit for this position. Not only are you the 1st person to greet your guests, but you are in charge of a multi-line phone system, as well as the agents' assistant. You may also be asked to be the rep for one specific type of insurance, like health maybe. It can definitely be done, just have to have the right attitude!
Pros
Feel like you're making a difference in people's lives
Cons
people don't like to discuss insurance
Professional work setting
County Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saluda, SCFebruary 9, 2019
Wonderful company to work for. Professional attire required. Typical day at work includes answering phone calls and making changes to clients polices.
Stress less job
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, TNJanuary 12, 2019
Come in sit down and start working. Management is wonderful and understanding. Hardest part of job is sitting so long. Best part is benefits and the people.
Pros
Benefits hour lunch once a month
Cons
Kind of boring work
Wonderful Company Fantastic Place To Work
Sales Associate-Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, KSJanuary 12, 2019
Farm Bureau cares about their staff and customers. I was always treated with respect.The company is very focused on offering excellent products, service and it is easy to make customers happy when you have a team focused on happy customers and employees. My managing agent was the reason for a good work environment. He always treated me with trust and valued my opinions. He gave me bonuses and a good salary. The claims adjuster was ethical and friendly.
Pros
Great boss, great company, great pay
overall quiet atmosphere
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 8, 2019
answering phones, manually filed documents, took pictures of people insured belongings, used fax and copy machines, sent out a lot of mail, lunch time was the best part of the job
I liked the job and was excited to be there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quinter, KSJanuary 6, 2019
Took care of the customers was satisfying and learning the new skills was great and rewarding being able to further my education was a bonus. Then getting my license was the high light. Just wished it lasted longer.
Pros
Learning the new skills
Cons
Poor management and training
Easy way for college student to earn money
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 12, 2018
I worked as a temp worker in the summer, it was very laid back and at some times boring but it was easy and I worked 40 hours a week. Constantly on the computer, free gym access, good cafeteria and very often had free lunches.
Pros
Easy, good pay, relaxed
Cons
Boring
Cut throat
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 7, 2018
Would have been a fine job if received the proper management support. Like any job with a sales quota, life can be stressful. Manager was not available for a large amount of the time
Overly focused on Life products
Agent (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 14, 2018
Farm Bureau's bread and butter is Life insurance. You may be given a book of Property and Casualty business to manage, but you are expected to sell Life Insurance. Selling isn't made any easier, when the comapny decides not to underwrite virtually your entire territory. So you go visit a client and have to tell them, "Farm Bureau is dropping you as a customer because you live too close to the coast; but let's talk about more Life Insurance"
Dna
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCNovember 8, 2018
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION
1. Understand the total Farm Bureau program and benefits in order to answer
questions and/or refer members to the appropriate contacts. In-depth
participation in these activities may be required.
2. Have a good understanding of basic customer service principles, county office
procedures and company guidelines regarding expectations, office hours and
telephone use including phone etiquette, handling difficult customers, etc.
3. Be familiar with county office procedures and guidelines regarding
expectations, office hours, attire, telephone use, etc.
Job Description
Great company
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 22, 2018
Farm Bureau is a great company to work for. Management cares about the employees. Fair pay, great benefits, great environment for going to work each day
insurance
Agent (Former Employee) –  Piggott, AROctober 12, 2018
Farm Bureau was where I spent 21 years of my life at and made a good living in the area I was in. I love their P & C coverages and claims service. They are very good.
For any agents seeking appointment: Make no mistake, they are a life insurance oriented company
Great company
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Carthage, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Very productive place to work. Great company and great values. Just wish they paid more. Enjoy working in the office and love my job duties. Managment and board of directors are great. They are very undertanding about family first situations as I have children. Office staff is very pleasant and low maintenance.
Pros
Flexible with family situations
Cons
Not high enough pay and no insurance
Safe working environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hemlock, MISeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed the work environment very much. The people that work here are very friendly and welcoming. Farm Bureau of Michigan as a whole is going through many changes that cause some stress but overall it is a great company. Highly recommend.
Pros
friendly, welcoming, great clients
Cons
Computer system glitches, stressful, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Bureau Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.