Farm Credit Bank of Texas Employee Reviews

Management is moronic
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2018
Management is always in meetings and doesn't care about the employees. They pretend to by having events for us but then micromanage you at all times.
Pros
Bonus in December
Cons
Micromanaging
BA Management is unethical and unprofessional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
Management team is highly inefficient, transactional based leadership style, do not like skilled people giving ideas on how to improve projects. Also my very first day of employment, they got my name wrong, they messed up my time sheet and was telling me that I should fix the time sheet in their web portal lol. It is my first day and I don't manage time sheets thats not my scope of work. I think the management should fix that for me. Overall very disorganized, plays favoritism and very unethical. I rather work somewhere else than work here. This is not a nice place to work very hostile.
Worst Place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2018
This place has a habit of dominating consultants and threatening them without any room for clarification. I was dominated and harassed by an unethical & unprofessional fellow worker who happen to be a full time BA/QA who knew nothing about the project. This place is very disorganized and things don't get done. There is constant pressurizing to do 4 weeks work within 1 week with unreasonable deadlines. Worst of all management is not very efficient, no room for clarification. Eventually, I was not mentally happy because of the constant bullying and unethical ways they treat consultants. I have worked more than 10 years never seen anything so disorganized like this.
This is a great place to work
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I have worked at Farm Credit Bank of Texas a while now. I feel my work is appreciated and valued by my leadership and those around me. I like the facilities, the relaxed culture, the pay and benefits, and the hard working people in my department.
I know there are many people in our organization (both contractor employees and regular employees) working much harder than me right now to bring very important projects to life. The work that goes on here has true meaning in the world. Farm Credit helps to fund agriculture in the US. This means more to me than making money for "the man" at my previous job.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Small company, less opportunity for job changes
Seriously needs improvement. Too much bad politics
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
I have worked in this place. There is no way things can get done because there are some bad elements in this firm sitting in management/senior position trying to jeopardize the company's growth with their lack of skill and also not allowing skilled workers to do their work. They see new employees as threat. The first thing they do is harass and intimidate the new employee and there is no room for clarification. I had worked 15 years with people who had professional level of engagement, this place has none. I had quit this job eventually because things are not getting done and blame game. I do not wish to tarnish my reputation with such a firm
Worst place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2018
This place is a joke they don't know how to run business or projects. There are many layoffs because of unqualified people and amateur sitting at management simply wasting funds. I would rather work somewhere else than working in a place where they don't treat people with respect and lack professionalism. Thats why this bank got breached in security and under fed inspection and supervision because of some unqualified and unethical people who do nothing other than eating donuts and drinking coffee all the time. No room for clarification, it is utter chaos cause nobody knows what they are doing and lack of direction provided by management.
Diverse working environment
Loan Origination Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNoAugust 20, 2018
A busy working establishment in a diverse working environment. Great opportunities for candidates with a degree in finance and a background in accounting. Awesome IT department.
Pros
Great lunch-n-learns
Cons
Short breaks
Decent Company
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2018
There is a definite 'good ol boi' feel to the company. A lot of politics to move up into any positions. They definitely do not like change even in an IT capacity. Very resistant to changes that help keep the company moving forward.
Pros
Nice place, casual Fridays.
Cons
No real room for advancement on the team.
Good
Sr QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2018
Nice place to work. Very friendly environment. People won't keep workload. They will understand the work pressure and distribute the workload. Cool place.
It's a very serious and stressful place.
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2018
There's usually too much to do without enough resources to do it. There is no esprit de corp within. It's stressful. Higher level management is under constant stress and scrutiny making for a less than pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
Security
Cons
Workplace culture
highly political and uninnovative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 18, 2017
It's an environment for someone that is ok with not progressing in the modern world and can keep to themselves without interacting or trying to improve a workplace. work and leave and enjoy live outside
Farm Credit was an excellent job. Had great management and great work environment.
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2017
Loved working for Farm Credit Bank of Texas.
Accounting clerk. Data entry, receivables, several deadlines thru the day, corresponding with association employees as needed for support to them.
I learned so much working for a large company.
It was very interesting all the different departments and the culture was amazing. Excellent team.
The new Cardinal system was a challenge but rewarding.
The work I did was rewarding and the people I worked with were the best. Overall a great place to work.
The company was making many structural changes. I requested the severance package and left.
Farm Credit is a great place to work with excellent benefits
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2017
The culture is very customer focused and you really feel like you make a difference in the lives of farmers, ranchers and Agribusiness entities.

The Farm Credit System has a rich history that is shared throughout the organization. You really feel that your efforts serve the community.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Slow Advancement
Amazing opportunities and team
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 29, 2017
Fantastic place to work with allot of talent. The company is well diversified with folks that have been in Agricultural lending for many years, while bringing in new talent to impact the business systems it provides the district. Have enjoyed each moment here.
Pros
Great compensation, understanding of family balance, excellent benefits
Cons
Change management isn't always easy to accomplish
Great environment to work in
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Good company, excellent benefits, employees are appreciated.
Very friendly and helpful workplace culture. Communication is open at all management levels.
Cons
Not much room for advancement or career growth opportunities
Not a good place to work
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2016
This is an extremely stressful place to work. There is NO work life balance. Employees work a lot of overtime with no recognition from management.....only requests to work even more overtime. If you are completely out of options and have bills to pay then apply.
Nice place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2016
My supervisor very nice. Nice setting. very professional. Co-workers very nice. Loved it that we had parking since there are a lot of other companies that don't have a parking lot.
Forward thinking and cutting edge
System Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2015
Great people to work with, everyone will help. Good collaborations with team members. Well documented documentation.
Good Work culture
Data Analyst Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2014
A nice company to work for. Excellent team . Very helpful and warming welcome for new comers. Lots of opportunities for growth
Capital Markets Operations Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 24, 2013
The hardest part of the job is prioritizing your daily work. i worked in Operations, so there was never a dull management. I learned a lot about LIQ and accounting applications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Credit Bank of Texas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about